Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clay Matthews...Punk

18Manning

58 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I thought it was kinda funny myself. Not a big deal. He doesn't have to help palmer up anyway.

He doesn't have to help him up, but there's no sense in pretending you're going to help, only to pull your hand away. IMO, it's not something a high profile player like Matthews should do. He, like many NFL players, has many young people aspiring to be like him. He only showed many impressionable young people how to be a jerk.

That entire team has attitude problems. Remember the Panthers game where Peppers threw the ball away from Newton? (Newton, hands the ball to a child in stands after every touchdown) and then Packers players getting into Reservoir Dogs style arguments on the sidelines. 

Don't worry though, the Packers aren't winning anything if yesterday was evidence as to what a mediocre overrated team they are. 

13 hours ago, 18Manning said:

He doesn't have to help him up, but there's no sense in pretending you're going to help, only to pull your hand away. IMO, it's not something a high profile player like Matthews should do. He, like many NFL players, has many young people aspiring to be like him. He only showed many impressionable young people how to be a jerk.

Beautifully stated 18M. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Bravo! I thought it was very small, petty, & low class on Matthew's part. 

Personally, I like it when opposing defensive players help QB's up because it shows a sign of respect to a rival & just because a LB may try to sack a field general on every down once the play is blown dead by a zebra; I'm just a competitor helping a peer up on his feet again. 

Most NFL players can separate job duties: sacks, deflected balls, hurried throws, & turnovers from other counterparts who if we saw in civilian clothes on the street we'd say hi to & talk briefly with. I may hate the Cowboys as a team, but if I saw Romo in person, I'd be polite to. It's only when he puts that uniform on that I want him flat on his back honest. 

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Beautifully stated 18M. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Bravo! I thought it was very small, petty, & low class on Matthew's part. 

Personally, I like it when opposing defensive players help QB's up because it shows a sign of respect to a rival & just because a LB may try to sack a field general on every down once the play is blown dead by a zebra; I'm just a competitor helping a peer up on his feet again. 

Most NFL players can separate job duties: sacks, deflected balls, hurried throws, & turnovers from other counterparts who if we saw in civilian clothes on the street we'd say hi to & talk briefly with. I may hate the Cowboys as a team, but if I saw Romo in person, I'd be polite to. It's only when he puts that uniform on that I want him flat on his back honest. 

I like this too. I think to myself what a gentleman the defender is when he does that.

18 hours ago, 18Manning said:

Do it for the kids Clay, do it for the kids.........