Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need a Broncos win to stay alive.

Dustin

I would say having to drop down to our backup quarterback, who is 40.

Then our 3rd string quarterback for two and a half quarters and he makes some timely passes to ensure the win. 

We can be happy if we get in no matter how it comes to be especially if we have to win our last two.  

Considering week 17 is a very meaningful game that is also a huge plus.

Just sayin'

14 minutes ago, UKCOLT17 said:

Then we rely on the jags next week if u have to rely on others you don't deserve it.

Actually, I think we may we need to rely on the Jags both weeks, beat  the N.O. Saints (who we lost to, but Texans beat!) today and the Texans next Sunday.  We also need Broncos to defeat the Bengals today, and we need Whitehurst to beat the Mettenberger Titans next week.  Then we see where the rest of the Strength of victory chips fall...

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Actually, I think we may we need to rely on the Jags both weeks, beat  the N.O. Saints (who we lost to, but Texans beat!) today and the Texans next Sunday.  We also need Broncos to defeat the Bengals today, and we need Whitehurst to beat the Mettenberger Titans next week.  Then we see where the rest of the Strength of victory chips fall...

So not to much help needed lol. I really don't see Houston losing they will have that motivation while the jags will nothing to play for.

34 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, the SAINTS need to lose today.  If the SAINTS win today, then about 16 things have to happen all the while the Texans must get slaughtered by the Jags next week and we must beat the hapless Titans.

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They just said on nfl network that New England losing just closed the door on any hope of the Colts getting into the playoffs....something about Strength of Schedule and a tie breaker. Sounds like we're out.

Well OK then. Time to have a drink and look forward to next year.

Just now, BullsColtsFan1 said:

So I am reading the Broncos have to beat Cinci tomorrow, the Colts have to beat Tenn next week and the Texans have to lose at home VS the Jags and the Colts get in?  Is this correct?  Or does more need to happen?

Way more needs to happen.

We need other teams to win next week too.

The season is all but over with HOU winning today.

34 minutes ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

I'd gladly play the chiefs. We practically own them.

Marcus Peters will have 3 INTs in that game, should it happen.

Chiefs are going to smoke us with or without Luck. Last time, when we made out comeback, they had a ton of their defensive starts injured, not to mention Charles leaving the game. We were very fortunate.

But we won't make the playoffs, so it's all pointless.

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

If that's one of the criteria, then yeah we're screwed. Oh well, I wasn't expecting us to make the playoffs anyway.

We're not eliminated if JAX loses. Oakland has to beat KC next week, which is pretty unlikely, but there's a chance.