Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Dolphins Game Day Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If you identify the guy in the draft, I'm all about going up for him. But if -- IF -- he turns out to be a foundational kind of QB, that's still a play that's more likely to benefit us in 2023 than in 2021. So we have to acknowledge that. (And that's on top of the possibility that he never quite hits as a franchise QB, which is statistically the more likely outcome with a drafted player.)   And a nitpick, 'going to the SB' isn't the only way to judge whether a veteran QB acquisition worked out well for the team that acquired him. The 2020 Colts are a specific example. There's no question that we were closer to contending with Rivers than we were with JB. Tannehill is working out well for the Titans, etc. Alex Smith was looking good for Washington before his injury (which had nothing to do with age; Teddy Bridgewater's career got derailed similarly).   The reason the list is so short is because historically, good QBs don't leave the team that drafted them, at least not until their old and/or broken (Manning, Favre, Warner, Brees, etc.) The idea of trading for a player like Stafford at 32, and having a reasonable expectation that he could play at a high level for another five years, isn't something that generally has happened a lot in the NFL.   I think it's interesting that you say a draft pick has a better chance of being a Josh Allen-level player. I think either we disagree on how good Allen is, or we disagree on how good Stafford is. As a passer, I think Allen still has some work to do to be as good as Stafford has already been. He has a bigger arm (obviously), and he does more with his legs, but Stafford is a really good passer, even dynamic, and he's no slouch with his movement ability.   I think trading up is more risky than we're acknowledging (collectively). Doesn't mean I'm against it, but when you're talking about risk/reward, even with the higher salary for Stafford, the risk is significantly lower to get him.     I don't think the Lions are in any hurry, nor should they be. 
    • Definitely my favorite game of the season.  Loved that Rivers came back twice from 14-pt deficits. That’s rare vs Green Bay.     Felt bad for MVS for fumbling in OT. Glad it didn’t mess up your #1 seed. 
    • Sorry back to Stafford. Hopefully either way it goes something comes out soon unofficially. Either coming here or going somewhere else.   Just put us at ease.
    • 2015 DEN: #9 in yds per game #4 in rush yds per game #10 in pass yds per game #3 in pts per game. #4 in QBR against #1 in sacks   A little better in 2015 than 2014.   2014 DEN: #8 in yds per game #5 in rush yds per game #9 in pass yds per game #7 in pts per game. #2 in QBR against #12 in sacks
  • Members

• ColtsTone

ColtsTone 0

Rookie
    • M1873

M1873 0

Rookie
    • Nate!

Nate! 183

• Derakynn

Derakynn 113

• Dunk