Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ViriLudant

Peyton Manning HGH accusation (edit)

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

 The key phrase here might be 'No player has ever tested positive for this'

Neither was Roger Clemens.  Look what's happened to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Peyon wouldn't have been tested during 2011 now, would he?  He was on IR.

oh, and the NFL didn't start testing for HGH until 2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viri is frothing at the mouth over this...  He's been dying for something to come out on Peyton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would not surprise me that someone who had multiple major bone and muscle surgeries would use steroids.or growth hormones...in their recovery. He wasn't playing. 

If he took them in 2011, it wasnt wrong ..and when the testing began, he wasn't taking them.

 

That;s if any of this occurred..at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The credibility of the report hinges largely on whether Sly should be believed, or whether he's simply concocting stories to impress Collins. 

 

Robertson, the pharmacist, and Spletzer, the neuropathic physician, did not respond to Al Jazeera’s request for comment. Sly, when pressed by Al Jazeera, backtracked, saying that his claims about supplying the drugs to athletes were “false and incorrect.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It would not surprise me that someone who had multiple major bone and muscle surgeries would use steroids.or growth hormones...in their recovery. He wasn't playing. 

If he took them in 2011, it wasnt wrong ..and when the testing began, he wasn't taking them.

 

That;s if any of this occurred..at all

 

Shhhhhh you are using something called logic (a rare trait in NE) which is the reason I didn't even wanna post in this thread as its utterly stupid but I just had to read a later post lol...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

'False and incorrect' ?????      whoops..never mind.

yeah... and this little gem too

 

In a subsequent statement to Al Jazeera, he walked back the comments even further, saying that Collins took advantage of him while Sly was grieving the death of his fiancée.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It would not surprise me that someone who had multiple major bone and muscle surgeries would use steroids.or growth hormones...in their recovery. He wasn't playing. 

If he took them in 2011, it wasnt wrong ..and when the testing began, he wasn't taking them.

 

That;s if any of this occurred..at all

Well, Mark  that sounds pretty logical.

 

It wasn't against the rules at that point., no failed tests, no proof, 
 
It seems they were having issues conceiving... I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw... everything I quoted here was in the article referenced in the link provided by OP.

 

You'd think people would read through these things before posting the links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

btw... everything I quoted here was in the article referenced in the link provided by OP.

 

You'd think people would read through these things before posting the links.

LOL, no bigge. Viri just knows deep down Tom cheated and is still probably disturbed by Tom having his cell phone destroyed during an investigation haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

And Peyon wouldn't have been tested during 2011 now, would he?  He was on IR.

oh, and the NFL didn't start testing for HGH until 2014.

 

He was never placed on IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think this falls under the "where there is smoke, there is a fire somewhere" category.   I could be totally wrong but...

 

1) Anyone surprised by a pro athlete doing this type of thing simply has not been paying attention.  No matter who or how high profile the player may be.

 

2) It would not surprise me at all, given his injury, that he would do everything possible to get back on the field.

 

3) I don't immediately dismiss the report or the source as many have - there does seem to be at least some legitimacy to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

btw... everything I quoted here was in the article referenced in the link provided by OP.

 

You'd think people would read through these things before posting the links.

 Well the OP is the same person who planted this gem.....

 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/42370-report-broncos-tried-to-trade-peyron-for-a-6th-rounder/#comment-1238033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Personally I think this falls under the "where there is smoke, there is a fire somewhere" category.   I could be totally wrong but...

 

1) Anyone surprised by a pro athlete doing this type of thing simply has not been paying attention.  No matter who or how high profile the player may be.

 

2) It would not surprise me at all, given his injury, that he would do everything possible to get back on the field.

 

3) I don't immediately dismiss the report or the source as many have - there does seem to be at least some legitimacy to it.

You're right.  There could be "some"  truth in the guy's story somewhere.   

 

With regard to Peyton, and 2011 it wasn't against the rules at that point, and no failed tests, no proof.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viri more than likely broke a couple of fingers getting this typed up so fast. Kind of funny that no matter what the outcome is there is nothing to it. The NFL was not testing at that time so , so what???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You know what I find funny? 

 

I highly doubt Manning will have any setbacks and deal with criticism in the media, in the way Brady did all summer long over something that turned out to be ridiculous and a witch hunt on the NFL's part. We heard about that stupid Deflategate thing over and over and over, and at the end of the day it was ridiculous when all the evidence came out. 

 

I want to know if Golden Boy will have to deal with the mud slinging like Brady did. I doubt we'll see him made out to be the evilest QB ever, but you never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal statement from Peyton Manning released by the Broncos ...

Personal statement from Peyton Manning released by the Broncos ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bogie said:

 

You know what I find funny? 

 

I highly doubt Manning will have any setbacks and deal with criticism in the media, in the way Brady did all summer long over something that turned out to be ridiculous and a witch hunt on the NFL's part. We heard about that stupid Deflategate thing over and over and over, and at the end of the day it was ridiculous when all the evidence came out. 

 

I want to know if Golden Boy will have to deal with the mud slinging like Brady did. I doubt we'll see him made out to be the evilest QB ever, but you never know. 

 

You're two for two on absurd comments in this thread. Manning has never had any cheating scandal ever. The patriots have had it follow them throughout the Brady era. There's the different. Pretty big one. People with clean records get the benefit of the doubt (especially when accused by such a garbage source).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it is not unheard of for wealthy women to take HGH post pregnancy. His wife is also a doctor right? Timing here makes sense. That and it would be completely stupid for PM to get PED's sent to his address in his wife's name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shipped to his house in his wifes name?

 

LOL. 

 

What some ppl will say to get their 15 minutes of fame.....I gotta call nonsense for now.

 

On the other hand, that could explain the huge forehead muscles...:thinking:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19colt said:

I believe it is not unheard of for wealthy women to take HGH post pregnancy. His wife is also a doctor right? Timing here makes sense. That and it would be completely stupid for PM to get PED's sent to his address in his wife's name. 

That's very true, 19

   The story makes little sense. Why would a pro athlete have banned drugs (and they weren't banned at the time) delivered to his home using his wife's last name (which is also his last name) if he wished to hide the fact?

Why would he need drugs delivered at all when his wife could purchase them legally.

 

The story breaks down the more you think about it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the reports of his wife receiving shipments of HGH is true.. that would not look good for Manning

 

disturbing story, i hope its not true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the top 5 thread titles ever on Colts.com and I have been reading here since 2007. I nearly fell out of my chair before.

 

*grabs popcorn*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

women do use HGH

 

Okay before I know more I am not about to blame his wife to take blame off of Manning. 

 

Breathe everyone, it might blow over and no real facts are out there yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story has already broken down.

The guy recanted on youtube and denied it all. Secondly, he was an INTERN there in Indy in 2013, not in 2011 as the original report claimed.

The ESPN article on it is probably the best out there. Manning has some quotes in there too. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 19colt said:

The story has already broken down.

The guy recanted on youtube and denied it all. Secondly, he was an INTERN there in Indy in 2013, not in 2011 as the original report claimed.

The ESPN article on it is probably the best out there. Manning has some quotes in there too. 

 

 

 

You should post a link to the article on ESPN. In fact everyone should just post whatever they find on it. (assuming it fits the forum rules)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Their fans are about to find out how life will be without Tom Brady  . Cam could them 10 wins but I give them very little chance to win the SB or make it. I put the % at 10% even making the SB.
    • Wait, how are we worse than the Patriots!? They should be rank 31st... 32nd if Cam gets injured.
    • Hope we have a few of those this year vs TN!
    • This is the message board equivalent of a pick 6    
    • They really feel invincible at the highest level of sports, look at any professional sports team in the country, look at their franchise value compared to 10 years ago, even 5 years ago,the values not only go up they go way up, the sorriest franchise of the last 50 years the Clippers sold for over a billion a few years ago, the Clippers, a team you couldn't pay most people to sit and watch for two hours, are worth over a billion!!! Sports franchises can basically do whatever they want, they will never have any competition, so here are the options 1. quit cold turkey, and when people bring up sports, just say I used to watch it before.. or just avoid. drawback-if you had a past addiction, you will have to avoid going out to eat on Sunday, because almost every place has on the game. 2. become a casual fan who only watches if they make the Super Bowl (the I only watch for the halftime and commercials fan)drawback-this one works easier if you are female  3. put all the weekend energy into something else, lakes, crafts & woodwork, R&R, travel,outdoors, family, because there literally is nothing on the TV to watch on the weekends besides live sports. drawback-living in the northern part of the U.S.  4. go to radio/internet only, something I have done in the past, most of the changes will evaporate and it is just about the game& field position, drawbacks-instant replay 5. continue to be a fan, but let them know your opinion, and become an outspoken critic, let them know your displeasure constantly week after week, and when they say "go find another team", or "we don't want you as a fan", don't listen to them, and just articulate your displeasure. If enough people do this, they will listen they will have to, don't believe me, take a look at how many sports franchises change their logo and uniforms and a decade later they add a third jersey, and eventually the classic jersey is back. Brewers, Padres, Astros, Blue Jays, NY Giants, Chargers, Rams,Islanders, Sabres, Capitals, Coyotes, Pistons, 76ers, Warriors, etc drawback-people will avoid you like covid-19
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...