Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

S. Sharpe say Demarco Murray will never be same

ColtsBlueFL

Shannon says the load Murray endured in his last season at Cowboys will prevent him from ever being great again.  Says he went for the money, and good for him.  But Demarco wanted the money from Dallas, and Big D wasn't going to part with it.
Thus take it from Philly.

Shannon pipes in with a Shannon-ism too - "I'd rather be sad driving a Mercedes than jumping up and down on the bus." LOL

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

what about the system is bad for him?

Murray is a north/south, great read-and-cut runner which made him powerful in Dallas, along with a great Oline. Kelly runs a power spread which forces Murray to take hand-offs from the shotgun and run outside-the-tackles as opposed to between the guards and center where he is more comfortable. Kelly really should have just kept McCoy as his slasher style and ability to run well in space is more of a fit for his offense than Murray. As a result Murray's carries are down. He had just 14 vs the Pats.

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Murray is a north/south, great read-and-cut runner which made him powerful in Dallas, along with a great Oline. Kelly runs a power spread which forces Murray to take hand-offs from the shotgun and run outside-the-tackles as opposed to between the guards and center where he is more comfortable. Kelly really should have just kept McCoy as his slasher style and ability to run well in space is more of a fit for his offense than Murray. As a result Murray's carries are down. He had just 14 vs the Pats.

That's literally the exact opposite of Chip Kelly's offense. The exact reason why Chip got rid of McCoy and went after Gore (and then Demarco when Gore backed out) is because he ran a power run offense and McCoy was leaving too many yards on the field with his outside runs.

Murray's not doing well because Dallas ran him into the ground last season.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

That's literally the exact opposite of Chip Kelly's offense. The exact reason why Chip got rid of McCoy and went after Gore (and then Demarco when Gore backed out) is because he ran a power run offense and McCoy was leaving too many yards on the field with his outside runs.

Murray's not doing well because Dallas ran him into the ground last season.

I have not seen any evidence of a decline in Murray. I have seen him running out of a shotgun and getting met right at the line. That being said, I never though Murray was this elite RB but more a product of the Dallas great Oline and play calling. Did not hurt to have Romo as your QB either. But to suggest he is done at age 27 from one season where he had a ton of carries is just silly IMO. Typical Shannon non-sense.

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

i cant imagine Chip i going to retain his GM duties or even his job if they miss the playoffs, he has definetly made a pretty decent mess over there in Philly

Meh, he just needs a QB.  And Kaepernick should be available.