Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18Manning

Hasselbeck to Start

Looks like he will start Sunday. I bet he can't wait for the season to end. As I said before, I know he gets paid to play, but I doubt he ever expected to play this much (especially as he's getting so banged up).  

Didn't he just say he's got nothing left? Man I really feel for the guy. I feel like the team owes it to him to sit him. He's gotten beat to crap behind our line.

Meh, just let Whitehurst play. I know they are holding on to the 4% chance they have to make the playoffs but come on. Matt is giving us nothing right now. I appreciate what he did this season though

Pagano must be an assassin and Hasslebeck is his target. 

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm sure this is coming from MH as well. The, or one of, biggest accomplishment you can have as a backup QB who is on his way out is to win enough games to keep the team's playoff hopes alive. If we lose and HOU wins this week, I would bet Matt sits Week 17

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'm sure this is coming from MH as well. The, or one of, biggest accomplishment you can have as a backup QB who is on his way out is to win enough games to keep the team's playoff hopes alive. If we lose and HOU wins this week, I would bet Matt sits Week 17

I think so too, since there wouldn't be anything to play for. I would assume Andrew would get shut down at that point too. I just think it's crazy that a banged up guy who is falling apart is apparently a better option than putting Whitehurst out there. Says a lot about Whitehurst no doubt.

47 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Didn't he just say he's got nothing left? Man I really feel for the guy. I feel like the team owes it to him to sit him. He's gotten beat to crap behind our line.

Heard that too, but I don't recall where. He did a great job early on. I suspect he would do a great job if only he had to play a few games scattered across the season, but extended, consecutive games is taking a toll on the guy. I have always liked Hasselbeck, but now, I also have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

Matt's wife retired from her news position today. She probably thought she needs to spend more time with her husband while he still has all his mental faculties. :)

1 hour ago, 18Manning said:

Matt's wife retired from her news position today. She probably thought she needs to spend more time with her husband while he still has all his mental faculties. :)

This is awful but I must admit, I laughed.  lol.

I'm a huge Chuck supporter (hmm...don't think that one came out right), but even I am shaking my head on this one.  MH has shown me nothing the last couple of weeks, and the couple of passes CW threw looked like they had some zip on them.

Gotta give Whitehurst a chance to start this game.  He can't do worse than lose - and we already do that now with consistency.

1 hour ago, Booker23 said:

How is he still playing, sheesh. Guy is a warrior

or likes the punishment of getting slammed around like a rag doll.

This staff and FO is terrible just let the poor guy rest Jesus he said him self he's got no more to give and you wanna throw him out to get hit even more 

4 hours ago, 18Manning said:

Looks like he will start Sunday. I bet he can't wait for the season to end. As I said before, I know he gets paid to play, but I doubt he ever expected to play this much (especially as he's getting so banged up).  

Ok this I can hardly believe...perhaps he realizes this will be his final outing and he wants to go out on a higher note...the guy is just beat to death. Is this really a wise decision given the hits he's sustained in recent weeks? You can see the confidence level the Colts have in Whitehurst Lol !!

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He was talking about the game last week.

Not the season.

IDK why it was taken out of context.

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/15258/colts-qb-matt-hasselbeck-on-his-beat-up-body-i-got-nothing-left

"Today I got [have] nothing left."

47 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

He was talking about the game last week.

Not the season.

IDK why it was taken out of context.

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/15258/colts-qb-matt-hasselbeck-on-his-beat-up-body-i-got-nothing-left

"Today I got [have] nothing left."

Yes but he meant in general if you read the whole article. He knows how beat up he is, Mentally and physically.

6 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Poor Matt.....the Dolphins' Defense can be nasty at times....

Protect your family jewels Matthew. Here comes Suh....He has a bad reputation or a dirty one for a reason. 

6 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I won't lie to ya QuizBoy. Part of me wonders who talked who into starting this game. 

Just the way Hasselbeck's head slammed into the ground last week scared me man. Remember, he's 40 not 25. 

I love Matthew's competitive spirit but I don't wanna see him get busted up either. 

2 hours ago, ThaCaliColt said:

Is this really a wise decision given the hits he's sustained in recent weeks? You can see the confidence level the Colts have in Whitehurst Lol !!

Very well said CC. Charlie is so bad that beat up middle aged QB is our only hope. I just don't like our odds here at all. 

Miami's got nothing to lose & neither do we...It's gonna both bloody & brutal...

Matt is a tough dude indeed.  Hopefully Suh doesn't fall on him, then step on him, fall on him again then proceed to step on his head.............

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Matt is a tough dude indeed.  Hopefully Suh doesn't fall on him, then step on him, fall on him again then proceed to step on his head.............

I'm just glad that DE Cameron Wake is on IR with a torn achilles  M-432. Whew! 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'm just glad that DE Cameron Wake is on IR with a torn achilles  M-432. Whew! 

It will help this garbage OL at least with him not in the mix that's for sure.  I'm not sure if I see them winning this one @ Miami.

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

It will help this garbage OL at least with him not in the mix that's for sure.  I'm not sure if I see them winning this one @ Miami.

I'm with ya man. Unlike the mediocre Joe Philbin, interim HC Dan Campbell actually has the fins hustling to the ball & bringing decent pressure on defense. I don't see a clear cut W for us this weekend either my man. 

10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

How many millions does he make? I don't feel bad for him at all.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I'm with ya man. Unlike the mediocre Joe Philbin, interim HC Dan Campbell actually has the fins hustling to the ball & bringing decent pressure on defense. I don't see a clear cut W for us this weekend either my man. 

Suh is going to eat Jonathan Harrison alive. Poor Matt.

9 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

he gets paid to play football

[/thread]

An IndyCar racer that hits a wall at 200+ MPH is getting paid too. :) Not the best analogy, but I'm sure Matt has felt like he hit a wall more than once this season. The O line is like Matt's car with no seat belts.

I don't have much confidence in us winning this Dolphins game. And of course it all comes down to this pedestrian offense.  I don't care what the Dolphins record is, Tannehill is good enough with the team he has around him to score more than Hasslebeck.  As big as a fan I am I just can't make myself even look at the playoff possibilities.  I can barely make myself watch the game at this point.  They might as well start Whitehurst because we know Hasslebeck is going to give us two quarters before Harrison gets bull rushed back into his legs or against his ribs and he's knocked out of the game.

14 hours ago, 18Manning said:

Elizabeth Hasselbeck isn't Matt's wife... She's his Sister in Law... Married to his brother.

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

When a defense knows the opposing QB can't throw the ball accurately more than 10 yards, it's pretty easy to stop the offense. 

This game could get ugly.

14 minutes ago, CptHooligan said:

Elizabeth Hasselbeck isn't Matt's wife... She's his Sister in Law... Married to his brother.

If I was on a trivia show, I would have lost over that.

Tim Hasselbeck, retired QB, is Elizabeth's husband. Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Hasselbeck, 2 short first names and both with little to no hair.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't have much confidence in us winning this Dolphins game. And of course it all comes down to this pedestrian offense.  I don't care what the Dolphins record is, Tannehill is good enough with the team he has around him to score more than Hasslebeck.  As big as a fan I am I just can't make myself even look at the playoff possibilities.  I can barely make myself watch the game at this point.  They might as well start Whitehurst because we know Hasslebeck is going to give us two quarters before Harrison gets bull rushed back into his legs or against his ribs and he's knocked out of the game.

Maybe Hass will start the game and Whitehurst will take over after the half?

...or whenever Matt fails to get off the turf under his own power - whichever comes first.