Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hate to say this, but.....

tomloge

Solution:  Every time Andrew takes a clear O-linemen caused shot, Grigson is docked 10,000 dollars.  When he is injured and unable to play due to above said hit, Grigson is docked 100,000 dollars per game missed.  If Luck takes a season ending shot due to above said scenario, Grigson is docked 500,000 dollars, loses his parking spot, and must participate in any running drills with the team.

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

I hope the Colt's FO undestands "lost opportunity cost" ...

That is why Irsay is adamant on Luck "winning multiple SB" and not allowing the mediocrity to continue.  However, I feel like he doesn't fully get it, because there are rumors around that Grigson will probably be staying, and Chuck is the one to go!

I'm all in on doing whatever it takes to get the best O line possible.  But we know that a lot of it is on Luck, he has to change his style of play if he wants his career to be extended (or at least not be decreased).

Most people would agree that the Cowboys have one of the best, if not the best, O Line in the NFL.  Didn't seem to help them this year.

No one is putting a gun to Andrew Luck's head to risk his health. The guy is a Stanford grad with an architect degree. Brilliant but keeps showing poor judgement time and time again. It is that or his WR/TE are not getting open like they use too and therefore he is trying to extend the play. The coaches should be the ones to spot that and get after the real culprits.  Manning would chew out the WR/TE/RB when they did not do what they suppose to be doing. I think Luck is MR NICE GUY. Hasselbeck is a good QB but he has no condition to extend plays, which reflects how poorly our WR/TE are playing. Bruce Arians would NEVER let this happen!

20 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm all in on doing whatever it takes to get the best O line possible.  But we know that a lot of it is on Luck, he has to change his style of play if he wants his career to be extended (or at least not be decreased).

Most people would agree that the Cowboys have one of the best, if not the best, O Line in the NFL.  Didn't seem to help them this year.

I agree so much with your comment that Luck does have to change his style of play.  Definitely.

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Here's the thing, Luck feels like he has to be Superman to win football games.  He had to do it especially the first 2 seasons in Indy.  The line has went from atrocious to still terrible and he feels he must make big plays (stay in the pocket longer to hit on a deep ball, or pickup a first down with his legs).  If he consistently got good protection (like Brady, Rodgers, etc.) then he could play smarter football, and not stress out missing on a big play. 

That being said, I can almost guarantee, this debacle won't happen on Andrew's watch again!  We WILL get better talent/more depth on the OL before ANY other priorities this offseason.  It's what should've happened over 2 years ago though.  The weapons on offense is there, now we just need security!  Once that happens, we will sustain drives and take pressure off our defense (which wasn't as bad as stats show this season).  Obviously we will need to get a dominant pass rusher, and perhaps another CB in the offseason, but I feel with a few acquisitions and better coaching this team is knocking on the door of a SB next season.  Hopefully we actually fulfill needs before wants for next year.  I understand drafting BPA to some extent, but when you're stacked a position, that shouldn't be in the cards.  If the GM thinks the guy they need will be taken before our pick, then he better be trading up to get him.  Not just saying, well we also like this guy we can get in a middle round (we all know how Grigs likes to find his diamond in the rough). 

The first 2 seasons we rebuilt quickly and were ahead of schedule.  Last year we were on par.  After this season we've taken 2 steps back.  These minor but overwhelming issues need addressed NOW, or else Andrew is potentially wasting his perhaps legendary career in Indy.

13 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

please elaborate

:look what's happened.  Three good years, now this year.  He's taking a beating and it has been affecting his play and his physical condition.  Lost time and lost opportunities.  It's as thought the Colts have to start from scratch again.  He now already has 4 years under his belt.  

2 minutes ago, tomloge said:

:look what's happened.  Three good years, now this year.  He's taking a beating and it has been affecting his play and his physical condition.  Lost time and lost opportunities.  It's as thought the Colts have to start from scratch again.  He now already has 4 years under his belt.  

within those 4 years he's been to the post season at least 3 times, its not like he had losing seasons. Injuries can happen to anyone. i mean we can blame the OL for not protecting him but that does us no good. We just need to honestly focus on finishing the season and getting prepared to make this team better. Luck still has easily another 10 years in him at a minimum i am not worried.

3 hours ago, tomloge said:

Lol.  At his point in the Manning era the colts hadn't even won a playoff game.

3 hours ago, ColtStronger said:

Here's the thing, Luck feels like he has to be Superman to win football games.  He had to do it especially the first 2 seasons in Indy.  The line has went from atrocious to still terrible and he feels he must make big plays (stay in the pocket longer to hit on a deep ball, or pickup a first down with his legs).  If he consistently got good protection (like Brady, Rodgers, etc.) then he could play smarter football, and not stress out missing on a big play. 

That being said, I can almost guarantee, this debacle won't happen on Andrew's watch again!  We WILL get better talent/more depth on the OL before ANY other priorities this offseason.  It's what should've happened over 2 years ago though.  The weapons on offense is there, now we just need security!  Once that happens, we will sustain drives and take pressure off our defense (which wasn't as bad as stats show this season).  Obviously we will need to get a dominant pass rusher, and perhaps another CB in the offseason, but I feel with a few acquisitions and better coaching this team is knocking on the door of a SB next season.  Hopefully we actually fulfill needs before wants for next year.  I understand drafting BPA to some extent, but when you're stacked a position, that shouldn't be in the cards.  If the GM thinks the guy they need will be taken before our pick, then he better be trading up to get him.  Not just saying, well we also like this guy we can get in a middle round (we all know how Grigs likes to find his diamond in the rough). 

The first 2 seasons we rebuilt quickly and were ahead of schedule.  Last year we were on par.  After this season we've taken 2 steps back.  These minor but overwhelming issues need addressed NOW, or else Andrew is potentially wasting his perhaps legendary career in Indy.

Well, the packers and steelers also have real offensive coordinators as opposed what luck has been dealing with the last 2.5 years.  Look at the best quarterbacks in the league.....they have very good/great coordinators.

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

When it comes to Grigons, people here just ride the band wagon.....

Luck needs to make better decisions if he wants more success.  Can't put it on the front office.

Yes,because Grigson's decisions have been stellar. And maybe the front office shouldn't  have hired (reportedly) a horrible OC in Pep.

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Andrew is a robot. A total lack of savvy, and the guy shows little or no Luv for having a good short game.
 Harbaugh proclaimed he could make "all the passes"!

The truth is he isn`t good at most of the passing game. His strength is wait wait wait for His Guy to get open and chuck it. He so often lacks in decision making, good touch, accuracy, and seeing of the whole field.
 He has been satisfied with His Game. IMO
 Because of his Tainted W/L record (AFC South) perhaps.
  More beer and German soccer...

Living in panther country, hear some of their fans talking and saying Luck is done. Time for Colts to pick another QB. They say he plays scared and throws off his back foot, which I don't agree. Luck is more fearless than most in my eyes. Of course some of these fans have not been sold on Newton til this year. They were wishing Luck came out early, but now a different story. They even say he didn't come out because he refused to play for that organization. Anyway that being said, if the O line could be solidified, hopefully Luck can get back to his old self. I am worried that some damage that has been done may not so easy to overcome. More so his psyche!

25 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Living in panther country, hear some of their fans talking and saying Luck is done. Time for Colts to pick another QB. They say he plays scared and throws off his back foot, which I don't agree. Luck is more fearless than most in my eyes. Of course some of these fans have not been sold on Newton til this year. They were wishing Luck came out early, but now a different story. They even say he didn't come out because he refused to play for that organization. Anyway that being said, if the O line could be solidified, hopefully Luck can get back to his old self. I am worried that some damage that has been done may not so easy to overcome. More so his psyche!

They sound like bitter and low IQ'd fans haha Luck has always been better than Cam up until this season. Easy to kick a guy when he's injured. We will see next season.

30 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Why would Panthers fans think Luck is done & needs to be replaced when he made it all the way to AFC Championship Game last season? Granted, NE crushed us 45-7 but we got to the game before the SB. Tell those misguided Carolina fans that I'm sure a perpetually losing franchise like the Browns would love to have Andrew Luck under center for the 12 years or so. 

I'm not criticizing you C77 because you know what an elite asset we have in Luck. 

I agree sw1, not a young QB I would rather have! My only concern is that he struggled mostly this year and with the injuries, hope only this train wreck doesn't get in his head! Been a tough year for colt fans and even tougher here with Carolina doing so well. Seems every team that has a young QB, loves to find something negative about Luck.

1 hour ago, coltsfan77 said:

I agree sw1, not a young QB I would rather have! My only concern is that he struggled mostly this year and with the injuries, hope only this train wreck doesn't get in his head! Been a tough year for colt fans and even tougher here with Carolina doing so well. Seems every team that has a young QB, loves to find something negative about Luck.

That's why I got so upset with Pags when he said "Luck should be used to be rushed or hurried by now." 

Excuse me?! It's your job to ensure that our franchise QB takes less hits & punishment not more Chuck. Now, to be fair, our GM is not without blame in this area of inconsistent pocket protection either. I just get royally ticked off at a head coach that can't protect the most important person on the field in 3 years & then he blows off the concern like Andrew's the problem here not me. Come on Chuck. You know better than that. 

I just hope that Hasselback taught Luck how to release the ball faster going thru his progressions faster not trying so hard to hit an ariel TD bomb to TY Hilton on every single 1st down anymore because for awhile there it sure felt like a predictable routine watching Colts games.  

13 minutes ago, Booker23 said:

He has 11-14 years left, why are you worrying

True, your point is a valid one B23. I just think we all as devoted INDY fans sometimes feel like if Chewy keeps getting hit & susceptible to injuries & prolonged periods on the bench we might be jeopardizing multiple SB runs that the Colts faithful are craving so desperately. 

I don't want just 1 ring I want at least 2 minimum under the Luck regime. Success in my eyes is defined by one thing & one thing only: The bling baby! 

Yes, I'm greedy. I fully admit that with no shame, no remorse, & no regrets. 

19 hours ago, BOTT said:

Well, the packers and steelers also have real offensive coordinators as opposed what luck has been dealing with the last 2.5 years.  Look at the best quarterbacks in the league.....they have very good/great coordinators.

Starts with the GM.  Ideally he picks a good HC, who is suppose to manage the team itself (ehmm Grigson).  However, we had an incompetent GM and OC (that was picked by the GM).  To make matters worse, issues were never addressed on the OL...

On 12/22/2015 at 0:13 PM, tomloge said:

I agree so much with your comment that Luck does have to change his style of play.  Definitely.

Ditto. I was at the Carolina game and Luck had wide-open receivers short. He overlooked them and went for the long ball. I don't know if he was hurt that game, but if memory serves me correctly, he missed some open receivers: (Dwayne Allen was wide-open in the 4th quarter or overtime, and if Luck would have hit him the Colts would have won the game).

That being said, I believe he can and will mature. If this season is a lesson learned for him to take what the defense gives you, it will be worth it in the long run....as painful as it is now.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mannings 4th year was horrible. The famous Mora playoffs?!? Playoffs?!? Year. 

There was talk of polian and mora not seeing eye to eye and the coach publicly criticizing the QB.  See, things aren't so bad that they can't be easily fixed.

On December 22, 2015 at 0:13 PM, tomloge said:

Not really.  The things we say about Luck are the same things once said about Big Ben.  Replace the Mad Bomber with Todd Haley and his style suddenly changes.

8 hours ago, BOTT said:

There was talk of polian and mora not seeing eye to eye and the coach publicly criticizing the QB.  See, things aren't so bad that they can't be easily fixed.

If I remember correctly Polian wanted Mora to fire either the OC or the DC. Can't remember who exactly. But Mora wouldn't so he got canned. Worked out for the good bringing in Dungy. Maybe if Pagano gets the boot we can bring in an upgrade. Who knows? My faith in Grigson and Pagano is pretty low right now.

On December 23, 2015 at 9:36 AM, jszfunk said:

The Colts have been wasting AL.  I noticed it about the first season by not getting an o line to protect him. Could you imagine what his numbers would have been like if he would have  had a decent group of  guys to protect him?

The reason you started to notice the bad line the first year is because in 2012 the Colts had $40 million in Dead Cap money -- money we couldn't spend.

So,  while the rest of the NFL had a $120 Mill payroll,  the Colts could only spend $80 mill.    We were hamstrung that first year on how much talent we could bring in to the franchise.

BUT.....

In '13, we drafted two o-lineman (Thornton, Holmes) and signed two more in FA (Cherilus, Thomas)  and for the most part none of them have worked out as we hoped.     So,  Grigson has been scrambling ever since....

But that's why things were bad at the start -- serious money problems.