Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whalen Billy Winn to IR, other roster moves

RockThatBlue

Kevin Bowen

…placed DT-Billy Winn and WR-Griff Whalen on injured reserve. They also waived RB-Zurlon Tipton. Roster still at the mandated number of 53.

Kevin Bowen

The Colts make several roster moves: promote DT-Kelcy Quarles and DE-Earl Okine. Signed RB-Trey Williams from the Miami practice squad...

2 hours ago, twfish said:

Dude why are you even on this forum? I've only ever seen you troll

I'm on here because I like discussing football with knowledgeable individuals. Sorry I don't practice blind homerism. Whalen isn't a very good football player but he tries hard. That isn't enough to warrant a roster spot in my mind. He has a low ceiling and outside of special teams, he contributes very little to nothing to the football team.

37 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I'm on here because I like discussing football with knowledgeable individuals. Sorry I don't practice blind homerism. Whalen isn't a very good football player but he tries hard. That isn't enough to warrant a roster spot in my mind. He has a low ceiling and outside of special teams, he contributes very little to nothing to the football team.

No you pretty much troll... When a guy breaks his ribs its kinda hard to hold on to the ball... and he still went after the guy

1 hour ago, JlynRN said:

Whalen did not cost us the game  :::smh:::  He broke his ribs on that play.

Yeah it sucks that he got hurt on that play, but that play reduced our chances of winning drastically. He fumbled, the game changed. Not a lot of different ways to look at that.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeah it sucks that he got hurt on that play, but that play reduced our chances of winning drastically. He fumbled, the game changed. Not a lot of different ways to look at that.

Reduced it from about 35% to maybe 2%.

3 hours ago, JlynRN said:

I just don't think it's fair to say Whalen single handedly lost the game for us, because he didn't !!  That one play did not lose the game. There were plenty of missed opportunities that whole game.

I get your point. The Whalen fumble hurt but we lost that game back in the first half when we only got 10 points off of I believe 3 red zone trips. We should have had at least a 17-0 or 21-0 lead at halftime. I knew that 10-0 lead wasn't safe.

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

No you pretty much troll... When a guy breaks his ribs its kinda hard to hold on to the ball... and he still went after the guy

Wow, he tried hard. That's what he gets paid to do. Whalen has been waived by the Colts multiple times and no other team has claimed him even once, so clearly I'm not alone in my assessment. Have I bashed the Colts and some of the decisions made by the front office? Absolutely. You'd be hard pressed to find a member on this board who hasn't. I do not get on here to mindlessly bash the team, sorry if it bothers you that my opinion differs from yours, but personally that's what draws me to this forum. I like discussing my viewpoints with others who are knowledgeable about football, whether we see eye to eye or not. If you're looking for someone who is going to write nothing but puff posts about the team then you're probably not going to like me, but hey, you can't please everyone.

i am not a fan of Whalen and do not believe he should have been on the team, nor do i think he will be here next year, but to say he cost us the game is ridiculous, we sucked the big one as a team. As a whole we never had a chance, due to poor preparation and coaching. I welcome next season with open arms as long as Irsay makes changes

5 hours ago, Superman said:

We were almost in FG range to tie.

He fumbled which led to the game ender.

He was a major contributor in that one play.

16 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

Wow, he tried hard. That's what he gets paid to do. Whalen has been waived by the Colts multiple times and no other team has claimed him even once, so clearly I'm not alone in my assessment. Have I bashed the Colts and some of the decisions made by the front office? Absolutely. You'd be hard pressed to find a member on this board who hasn't. I do not get on here to mindlessly bash the team, sorry if it bothers you that my opinion differs from yours, but personally that's what draws me to this forum. I like discussing my viewpoints with others who are knowledgeable about football, whether we see eye to eye or not. If you're looking for someone who is going to write nothing but puff posts about the team then you're probably not going to like me, but hey, you can't please everyone.

Dear god! So the rest of the team "tried  as hard as Whalen"

Its really  simply that we want to keep Andrew and we keep his teammates  .... Grif is one that really tries but bad breaks for him... football luck some teams get the bounce of the oblong ball . Our Colts don't .. Bad Karma   or bad picks??? Grigson has to go ??? Chuck  makes mistakes but with the team he Has  .. 12 men on the d with game on the game on the line  > Is our future Good pix with luck or we stay with Grigson As nothing ever comes good from Philly

3 hours ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

Still trying to figure out why Kerwynn Williams was let go. He looks pretty solid in Arizona. 

Because he didn't look pretty solid here in Indy.....

It's not that uncommon for a rookie to struggle and figure things out a year or two later....   often with a different team.