Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Draft Luck..and We Tell Him What?

Yes, but that was a different era. You seem fairly football saavy, you know he will not sit anywhere for over a preseason. Sorry but it just does'nt happen anymore. I will bet you any amount of money,that with a cleared to play Manning this year, they are both not on this team in 2012.

You'd lose .....LUV...

Irsay is sold on them both.....Get ready for Pey-Luck..

..a smart QB would WANT to sit and watch for awhile..

His dad will explain that to him.

At the end of the day you have to think like an athlete. Maybe Andrew Luck doesn't want that "You learned from Peyton Manning" over his head. He may want his own legacy based on his own skills. He'll have that because Manning isn't as gifted with his legs as Andrew lol. Imagine a skill set to break a defense down like Manning with the legs to keep plays alive. Andrew will have his own legacy if he comes here and learns from Peyton. Some want to be thrown out into the Sharks, and get bitten. Either way this is a very interest story going into the draft.

When we draft Andrew Luck, we will not know for sure If Peyton Manning is healthy.

..and there's a limit to what we pay him......

So when you interview Luck...what do you tell him?

You are Jim Irsay. You've got a nice office with a fine secretary, stereo..Cushy couch. TV.

Nice blue rug.

You call Andrew Luck in and sit him down...knowing that at any minute he can say ,

"Mr. Irsay. You have a great quarterback. I've met Peyton Manning. My dad knows his dad. I'd rather you did NOT draft me. I dont want to sit on the bench very long and I'd have to sit behind Peyton.. You understand."

Your mission (if you choose to accept it) is to right then and there convince him to sign with the Colts, knowing he could sit on the bench for 4 years...

What's your offer?. What can you do for him that makes it Okay if he has to sit.?

You turn the stereo off, take off that $1,000 'Mr. Moneybags' suit coat you always seem to be wearing, look him straight in the eye.

..and say what?

What do you tell him?

Your right I'll trade the #1 pick away so there won't be any conflict.

Welcome to the Colts Andrew. We think you are going to do great things here and we are excited to have you. We are commited to building a winning team that will compete for Super Bowls and we think you are going to be a big part of that in the years to come. Here is your playbook and we would like you to meet Peyton Manning and your QB coach. Good luck and we are excited you are here.

Welcome to the Colts Andrew. We think you are going to do great things here and we are excited to have you. We are commited to building a winning team that will compete for Super Bowls and we think you are going to be a big part of that in the years to come. Here is your playbook and we would like you to meet Peyton Manning and your QB coach. Good luck and we are excited you are here.

That's not exactly an answer to the question that the post was about... And he already knows Peyton Manning.

That's not exactly an answer to the question that the post was about... And he already knows Peyton Manning.

I answered what I would tell Luck. In my mind you treat Luck like you would any other player. If you go into like you have to sell him on joining your team then it makes it seem like he's doing you a favor when you are about to draft him to your team and pay him a tone of money. That alone is the sale job. We are making you the top pick in the NFL draft. If Luck doesn't want to be here because he has to sit that's for Luck to bring up not up to us to try to sell him on it before he even brings it up.

Also I am fully aware that Manning and Luck know each other. Still when someone is drafted and they become "offical" teammates they get reintroduced.

If you don't like my response that's fine you don't have to.

I answered what I would tell Luck. In my mind you treat Luck like you would any other player. If you go into like you have to sell him on joining your team then it makes it seem like he's doing you a favor when you are about to draft him to your team and pay him a tone of money. That alone is the sale job. We are making you the top pick in the NFL draft. If Luck doesn't want to be here because he has to sit that's for Luck to bring up not up to us to try to sell him on it before he even brings it up.

Also I am fully aware that Manning and Luck know each other. Still when someone is drafted and they become "offical" teammates they get reintroduced.

If you don't like my response that's fine you don't have to.

I don't care about your response, you acted like Irsay had know idea that Manning and Luck know eachother. They can say hi if they want to lol...

And the bolded part is what cheap salesman do when trying to force somebody to buy something. They ignore the problem and act like it's the perfect situation for you. It may work sometimes but it's not very morally correct.

I don't care about your response, you acted like Irsay had know idea that Manning and Luck know eachother. They can say hi if they want to lol...

And the bolded part is what cheap salesman do when trying to force somebody to buy something. They ignore the problem and act like it's the perfect situation for you. It may work sometimes but it's not very morally correct.

No I didn't in fact I explained that. Again if you don't like my post you don't have to. Just beacuse it's not what you think should happen doesn't mean it's wrong it's a different view point from yours.

In pro sports you don't entitle athletes. If Luck brings it up and its a problem then you deal with it. You don't go to him acting like you are pleading for him to come here. That makes you look desperate and gives him all the power in the world and like he's doing the team a favor by agreeing to come here. I am not saying you don't have something in mind in case he says how long do I have to sit for?

Our new GM has a novel idea he has always wanted to implement. The double quarterback. The defense won't know who we will hike it to, thereby causing them to hesitate. You will be in charge of the left side of the field and Peyton the right. Equal, right down the line.

"This is the bench and this is the clipboad. Get to know them. They will be your best friends for the next 2 seasons"

But seriously Id say this is the best situation out there for you. I know you want to play now but I promise you if you are patient and sit and learn behind Manning it will payoff for you in the long run. We will committ to putting a winning team around you the way we did for Peyton during his career.

My goodness, bold is used to highlight content. It is used by many moral people........myself included :)

Welcome to Indy, Andy. You'll love our wonderful city and great fans. You've got huge shoes to fill, but we're so, ahem, lucky to have you. One of the few times a championship team with a legendary QB has been in position to take a future legendary QB to follow. We're looking playoffs by year 2014 if not sooner, young man.

Our new GM has a novel idea he has always wanted to implement. The double quarterback. The defense won't know who we will hike it to, thereby causing them to hesitate. You will be in charge of the left side of the field and Peyton the right. Equal, right down the line.

We're going to call it "Press your Luck'!!