Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If both teams finish 8-8 who wins?


Recommended Posts

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Colts beat Houston by 7...they best us by 3...

 

That's not what strength of victory is. The combined winning percentage of the opponents they beat is higher than the combined winning percentage of opponents we beat. Beating Miami and Tennessee won't help us there.

 

And they beat us by 6, by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If colts lose to Miami, beat Tenn,  and Houston loses both, colts are in based on better division record.  If colts win BOTH. ,Houston splits it comes down to record vs common opponent's which is the same, then strength of victory . As colts fans you want Denver, Atlanta and Miami to win. And saints, Bengals, jets to lose

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

That's not what strength of victory is. The combined winning percentage of the opponents they beat is higher than the combined winning percentage of opponents we beat. Beating Miami and Tennessee won't help us there.

 

And they beat us by 6, by the way.

 

 

That's what I saw when I looked last week . Tied on the first 4 tie breakers . I knew Houston was ahead on the 5th (SOV) but is it clinched with 2 weeks left on the schedule. Do you have a link to them clinching that tie breaker as we speak ? Colts were helped a bit today with NO and Atl wins... but Cinn winning. You're probably right.

 

I guess who cares anyway. This is a very bad Colt football team 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dw49 said:

 

 

That's what I saw when I looked last week . Tied on the first 4 tie breakers . I knew Houston was ahead on the 5th (SOV) but is it clinched with 2 weeks left on the schedule. Do you have a link to them clinching that tie breaker as we speak ? Colts were helped a bit today with NO and Atl wins... but Cinn winning. You're probably right.

 

I guess who cares anyway. This is a very bad Colt football team 

 

I went to the ESPN Playoff Machine. It allows you to project outcomes and see what happens, and it tells you what the determining tie breaker is.

 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Houston could lose both games, but we have no chance of winning both, so it really doesn't matter.  I am rooting for Jacksonville, they are by far the most respectable team in the AFC South. 

 

If it's any consolation, Miami looks just as bad as us right now.

 

I hastily assumed that Luck would be back against the Texans, and that didn't happen. But if he's back against Miami, that game is winnable, and if Mariota is out, that game is winnable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MTC said:

 

You're right. Doesn't matter who makes the playoffs, the AFC South winner isn't winning the wild card game.

 

I still say that this team has the potential to play a lot better if Luck is playing and effective, but I'm not holding my breath.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

I still say that this team has the potential to play a lot better if Luck is playing and effective, but I'm not holding my breath.

 

Yeah, I don't think he's playing this season. Pagano seemed to have a doubtful attitude at his presser.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

If it's any consolation, Miami looks just as bad as us right now.

 

I hastily assumed that Luck would be back against the Texans, and that didn't happen. But if he's back against Miami, that game is winnable, and if Mariota is out, that game is winnable. 

Well, Jacksonville is going to smoke Houston.  But everyone is saying that if we tie 8-8 we still lose to Houston right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

    If strength of victory is the record of teams we've defeated..and not point scored vs. allowed

Houston best Cincy, who is about to be 12-2......we beat Denver. who could be 12-2...

The Falcons (7-5)  won today...we defeated them..Houston didn't..

If Denver beats Cincy next week....and this 'strength' is the deciding tiebreaker, we can tie them at 8-8.

 

I dont want to quit on a season until we're out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JPFolks said:

Well, Jacksonville is going to smoke Houston.  But everyone is saying that if we tie 8-8 we still lose to Houston right?

 

Yes, they have to lose out and we have to win out.

 

I'm also taking Jacksonville over Houston. Even if Hoyer is back, and that's probably questionable, the Jags have an explosive offense. Give us a couple of third down conversions today, and our offense is good enough to beat Houston. The Jags should roll them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

 

    If strength of victory is the record of teams we've defeated..and not point scored vs. allowed

Houston best Cincy, who is about to be 12-2......we beat Denver. who could be 12-2...

The Falcons (7-5)  won today...we defeated them..Houston didn't..

If Denver beats Cincy next week....and this 'strength' is the deciding tiebreaker, we can tie them at 8-8.

 

I dont want to quit on a season until we're out

 

I'm not quitting on the season, but the Texans are better than us on strength of victory. My not quitting doesn't change the numbers.

 

You didn't mention that they also beat the Jets and Saints.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Yes, they have to lose out and we have to win out.

 

I'm also taking Jacksonville over Houston. Even if Hoyer is back, and that's probably questionable, the Jags have an explosive offense. Give us a couple of third down conversions today, and our offense is good enough to beat Houston. The Jags should roll them.

If Jax wins out., do they win the division? Also, Houston isn't losing to TN, so it is all over for us.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully Texans. Colts don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Because the Texans are going to go into new england and beat the patriots. lmao!!!! And if they go the other route, we're gonna see the worst game ever with Bengals vs texans.

I'm pretty sure the colts deserve it if Luck comes back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

If Jax wins out., do they win the division? Also, Houston isn't losing to TN, so it is all over for us.  

 

Houston probably beats Tennessee, I agree.

 

Jacksonville can win the division if we beat Miami but lose to TN, and Houston loses out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 

    If strength of victory is the record of teams we've defeated..and not point scored vs. allowed

Houston best Cincy, who is about to be 12-2......we beat Denver. who could be 12-2...

The Falcons (7-5)  won today...we defeated them..Houston didn't..

If Denver beats Cincy next week....and this 'strength' is the deciding tiebreaker, we can tie them at 8-8.

 

I dont want to quit on a season until we're out

The best part is that denver wants the home field advantage in the playoffs. They do not want the pats to get that lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • To actually answer this...if he stays healthy...   63% completion rate, 3,900 - 4,100 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INTs, 91 Passer Rating, 59 QBR
    • It's an interesting thought exercise. But I really think that condition exists because of the injury history. As long as Wentz is healthy, I couldn't even imagine how they would spin the optics of benching him prior to reaching that threshold. They certainly didn't bench JB when it was clear he wasn't able to get the job done. The reason was because he gave them their best chance to win (or so they said).   And unless they get a legit backup QB...that's definitely going to be the case with Wenz.   What message does that send to the locker room and fanbase other than "we care more about a 1st round draft picks than we do about Carson Wentz and about winning." I can't imagine that going over well in the locker room...especially if these guys are truly bonding.   And if Wentz somehow doesn't give them the best chance to win at that point...then they would have major egg on their faces for even making that trade.  
    • That's weird comment...   Anyway, given all are healthy the 5th or 6th guy better be good on STs because he's not going to get a lot of reps in a game.  Heck Patmon hardly put on his uniform last year.  He looks the part but so do a lot of others that have come and gone.
    • I before E except after C 
    • Alright, here it goes. These trades will be close enough but not perfect, let me preface them.     Trade 1: Colts trade No.21 to Ravens for No.27 and No.104 (their 3rd round compensatory pick) and No.171 (their 5th round pick) Trade 2: Colts then trade No.27 to Falcons (they move back into Round 1) for pick No.35, their 4th rounder (pick No.108) and their 5th rounder (pick No.148)   Colts 1st pick: Round 2 Pick No.35 - Payton Turner, DE, Houston 6'5", 270 lbs - strong, good natural bend and agility for his size, fits our D to a tee. Some might say this might be a reach but they said that about Leonard too, and a very good system fit is worth half a round or round early, IMO   Colts 2nd pick: Round 2 Pick No.54 - Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa, 6'8", 311 lbs (lots of Jared Veldheer comparisons, very good athlete much like Braden Smith) - very quick on his feet, should be able to definitely transition to LT, I think he is a better prospect and athlete than Dillon Radunz at this stage of the draft, with longer arms and larger hands, IMO.   Colts 3rd pick: Round 3 Pick No.104 - Jabril Cox, LB, LSU, 6'3", 232 lbs - his athleticism will improve our LB corps and he has good arm length as well that Ballard covets, very good instincts and explosive with good cover talent   Colts 4th pick: Round 4 Pick No.108 -  Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State, 6'3", 207 lbs - has good speed, route running needs work which is why he will be available here, can be used like Alshon Jeffery for the big X WR/big body for slants for Reich's system while also sneaking past DBs for the occasional surprise home run hit   Colts 5th pick: Round 4 Pick No.127 - Hunter Long, TE, Boston College, 6'5", 254 lbs - body type is very close to Dallas Goedert and he will be our Burton replacement, receiving TE that is a mismatch for safeties and LBs   Colts 6th pick: Round 5 Pick No.148 - Benjamin St. Juste, CB, Minnesota, 6'0", 202 lbs - I am on the group consensus that Ballard will be drafting only for depth at cornerback unless some great value screams at him; and this is the kind of developmental prospect that fits what they like in CBs that is long that I expect the Colts to draft and develop.   Colts 7th pick: Round 5 Pick No.165 - Jonathan Marshall, DT, Arkansas, 6'3", 310 lbs - Very quick and disruptive athletic DT that is suited to play 3-technique on the inside.   Colts 8th pick: Round 5 Pick No.171 - Darrick Forrest, S, Cincinnati, 6'0", 206 lbs - excellent special teamer, definitely a box safety and has played a lot of big nickel for Cincinnati, compares to George Odum     Colts 9th pick: Round 6 Pick No.206 - Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest, 6'3", 234 lbs - might be a later round Jacoby Brissett all over but should help with occasional usage of RPOs and QB sneaks by the goal line   Colts 10th pick: Round 7 Pick No.248 - Chauncey Golston, DE, Iowa, 6'5", 269 lbs - long armed developmental prospect who actually played well lining up inside at Senior Bowl, might work good in certain sub packages     Alright now, crucify me.   
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...