Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If both teams finish 8-8 who wins?

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Colts beat Houston by 7...they best us by 3...

That's not what strength of victory is. The combined winning percentage of the opponents they beat is higher than the combined winning percentage of opponents we beat. Beating Miami and Tennessee won't help us there.

And they beat us by 6, by the way.

If colts lose to Miami, beat Tenn,  and Houston loses both, colts are in based on better division record.  If colts win BOTH. ,Houston splits it comes down to record vs common opponent's which is the same, then strength of victory . As colts fans you want Denver, Atlanta and Miami to win. And saints, Bengals, jets to lose

50 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's not what strength of victory is. The combined winning percentage of the opponents they beat is higher than the combined winning percentage of opponents we beat. Beating Miami and Tennessee won't help us there.

And they beat us by 6, by the way.

That's what I saw when I looked last week . Tied on the first 4 tie breakers . I knew Houston was ahead on the 5th (SOV) but is it clinched with 2 weeks left on the schedule. Do you have a link to them clinching that tie breaker as we speak ? Colts were helped a bit today with NO and Atl wins... but Cinn winning. You're probably right.

I guess who cares anyway. This is a very bad Colt football team 

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

That's what I saw when I looked last week . Tied on the first 4 tie breakers . I knew Houston was ahead on the 5th (SOV) but is it clinched with 2 weeks left on the schedule. Do you have a link to them clinching that tie breaker as we speak ? Colts were helped a bit today with NO and Atl wins... but Cinn winning. You're probably right.

I guess who cares anyway. This is a very bad Colt football team 

I went to the ESPN Playoff Machine. It allows you to project outcomes and see what happens, and it tells you what the determining tie breaker is.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

16 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Houston could lose both games, but we have no chance of winning both, so it really doesn't matter.  I am rooting for Jacksonville, they are by far the most respectable team in the AFC South. 

If it's any consolation, Miami looks just as bad as us right now.

I hastily assumed that Luck would be back against the Texans, and that didn't happen. But if he's back against Miami, that game is winnable, and if Mariota is out, that game is winnable. 

1 minute ago, MTC said:

You're right. Doesn't matter who makes the playoffs, the AFC South winner isn't winning the wild card game.

I still say that this team has the potential to play a lot better if Luck is playing and effective, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just now, Superman said:

I still say that this team has the potential to play a lot better if Luck is playing and effective, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I don't think he's playing this season. Pagano seemed to have a doubtful attitude at his presser.

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

If it's any consolation, Miami looks just as bad as us right now.

I hastily assumed that Luck would be back against the Texans, and that didn't happen. But if he's back against Miami, that game is winnable, and if Mariota is out, that game is winnable. 

Well, Jacksonville is going to smoke Houston.  But everyone is saying that if we tie 8-8 we still lose to Houston right?

If strength of victory is the record of teams we've defeated..and not point scored vs. allowed

Houston best Cincy, who is about to be 12-2......we beat Denver. who could be 12-2...

The Falcons (7-5)  won today...we defeated them..Houston didn't..

If Denver beats Cincy next week....and this 'strength' is the deciding tiebreaker, we can tie them at 8-8.

I dont want to quit on a season until we're out

Just now, JPFolks said:

Well, Jacksonville is going to smoke Houston.  But everyone is saying that if we tie 8-8 we still lose to Houston right?

Yes, they have to lose out and we have to win out.

I'm also taking Jacksonville over Houston. Even if Hoyer is back, and that's probably questionable, the Jags have an explosive offense. Give us a couple of third down conversions today, and our offense is good enough to beat Houston. The Jags should roll them.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If strength of victory is the record of teams we've defeated..and not point scored vs. allowed

Houston best Cincy, who is about to be 12-2......we beat Denver. who could be 12-2...

If Denver beats Cincy next week....and this 'strength' is the deciding tiebreaker, we can tie them at 8-8.

I'm not quitting on the season, but the Texans are better than us on strength of victory. My not quitting doesn't change the numbers.

You didn't mention that they also beat the Jets and Saints.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yes, they have to lose out and we have to win out.

I'm also taking Jacksonville over Houston. Even if Hoyer is back, and that's probably questionable, the Jags have an explosive offense. Give us a couple of third down conversions today, and our offense is good enough to beat Houston. The Jags should roll them.

If Jax wins out., do they win the division? Also, Houston isn't losing to TN, so it is all over for us.  

Hopefully Texans. Colts don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Because the Texans are going to go into new england and beat the patriots. lmao!!!! And if they go the other route, we're gonna see the worst game ever with Bengals vs texans.

I'm pretty sure the colts deserve it if Luck comes back.

3 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

If Jax wins out., do they win the division? Also, Houston isn't losing to TN, so it is all over for us.  

Houston probably beats Tennessee, I agree.

Jacksonville can win the division if we beat Miami but lose to TN, and Houston loses out. 

The best part is that denver wants the home field advantage in the playoffs. They do not want the pats to get that lol