Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats to the Texans

Jules

With the Texans win in Indy and the Jags loss today it looks like it's up to you guys to represent the AFC South in January. Good luck. 

With this being such a tough year I don't expect this to be a total love feast thread but have fun the rest of the way!

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

With the Texans win in Indy and the Jags loss today it looks like it's up to you guys to represent the AFC South in January. Good luck. 

With this being such a tough year I don't expect this to be a total love feast thread but have fun the rest of the way!

Big time, Colts deserved to lose this one.  Great win by the Texans with their 3rd string QB.  

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Big time, Colts deserved to lose this one.  Great win by the Texans with their 3rd string QB.  

Weldon was far better than Yates. I'm mean wasn't Yates out of the league a few weeks back ? So I guess my point is no big deal on the 3rd string stuff. But no doubt a good win for them. 

12 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Im sure you congrats would be more appreciated at the Texans Forum.

She's just being classy. We didn't deserve to win today. Too may mistakes so my hats off to JJ and company. Congrats to Qwiz, hell he has waited for that for 14 years LOL. At least they didn't beat us with Andrew at QB and what I mean by that is Andrew wont have a loss at home on his resume to the Texans. We just need a Coaching change, Andrew to be healthy and take advantage of our more than likely Top 10 Draft pick.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She's just being classy. We didn't deserve to win today. Too may mistakes so my hats off to JJ and company. Congrats to Qwiz, hell he has waited for that for 14 years LOL. At least they didn't beat us with Andrew at QB and what I mean by that is Andrew wont have a loss at home on his resume to the Texans. We just need a Coaching change, Andrew to be healthy and take advantage of our more than likely Top 10 Draft pick.

Q and I been chatting off and on a bit lately. He was working I think today so he will be thrilled by today lol.

But, in a way.....it might be meant to be. Even in the outside shot Andrew could return I don't want him getting killed vs. a team in the playoffs that is going to be pretty darn brutal against us defensively.

At least Houston has a defense that can fight more then we do this season.

Honestly this game was so bad at one point I said to myself we just deserved to lose it. It's not our time.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Q and I been chatting off and on a bit lately. He was working I think today so he will be thrilled by today lol.

But, in a way.....it might be meant to be. Even in the outside shot Andrew could return I don't want him getting killed vs. a team in the playoffs that is going to be pretty darn brutal against us defensively.

Honestly this game was so bad at one point I said to myself we just deserved to lose it. It's not our time.

Yeah it was so bad I knew in the second half that the Colts D would have to keep the Texans to under 10 points to win, haha!  There was pretty much a 100% guarantee they wouldn't score at all in the second. 

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah it was so bad I knew in the second half that the Colts D would have to keep the Texans to under 10 points to win, haha!  There was pretty much a 100% guarantee they wouldn't score at all in the second. 

But then a part of me thought to myself.......Chiefs/Jets/Steelers/Bengals.......oh hell no.........

But, yeah offensively I don't recall us ever being THIS bad. Andrew would help but he will be rusty and not 100% either. I don't want him out there anymore this year.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

With the way our Offense was playing and kept stalling I thought the same thing. I was thinking, lets just go ahead and lose and get this over with. Just gut wrenching to watch. Shows how spoiled we have been with Peyton and then Luck. Put someone in at QB that is mediocre and you never what you will get. I think Hass did as well as he could but at 40 he just had to many injuries. Love the way he gutted it out and he kept things hopeful for a while at least.

Thanks for the congrats Jules. This season has definitely been a crazy one and the monkey is finally off of the Texans back. It only took 13 years! Lol. The Colts played a great competitive game too. I thought you guys might win it throughout the entire duration. Thanks for being so classy. 

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Thanks for the congrats Jules. This season has definitely been a crazy one and the monkey is finally off of the Texans back. It only took 13 years! Lol. The Colts played a great competitive game too. I thought you guys might win it throughout the entire duration. Thanks for being so classy. 

I will be rooting for every afc team that isn't the patriots.      So if the Texans win in the WC round and face the pats again,    I will be rooting for you guys

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I will be rooting for every afc team that isn't the patriots.      So if the Texans win in the WC round and face the pats again,    I will be rooting for you guys

Thanks Jvan, that's good to know. I'm afraid that things wouldn't go well in that situation, especially if we keep having QB troubles, but like everyone says, anybody can get hot in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Good luck in playoffs as the Texans should be able to beat the Titans and Jags , pus I'm thinking we lose on the road to Miami next week anyway. But to say the Colts played a "great competitive game ." ???  Not to take away anything from your win as it was on the road , but that was by no means a well played game by the Colts. It was an extension of the hideous  games vs Pitt and Jax the previous two weeks. 

I think maybe you're trying to be nice ? 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Congrats on the win Qwiz. Moving forward your QB situation stinks but with that Defense you could get a Playoff win?? You will host a game which is always huge.

Yeah.. they could get a win vs any of the 3 teams they might face. The following week which will probably be at NE will be unlikely.

But hey... just thinking that they could luck out and be at the 2nd seed. Cinn and Denver have serious QB problems and that makes the 3rd seed really vulnerable in the wild card round. So maybe this will be an incredible year for a 8-8 or 9-7 Texan team ? Colts have a terrible year and a decent path to avoid NE in the 2nd round . 

34 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Good luck in playoffs as the Texans should be able to beat the Titans and Jags , pus I'm thinking we lose on the road to Miami next week anyway. But to say the Colts played a "great competitive game ." ???  Not to take away anything from your win as it was on the road , but that was by no means a well played game by the Colts. It was an extension of the hideous  games vs Pitt and Jax the previous two weeks. 

I think maybe you're trying to be nice ? 

True, I may have been a little too sweet with my words, but it was competitive. Not great, but competitive. The Colts kept it close even down to the end. I was terrified when Yates went out. 

12 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

True, I may have been a little too sweet with my words, but it was competitive. Not great, but competitive. The Colts kept it close even down to the end. I was terrified when Yates went out. 

Yes , I'll agree the game was competitive

To be fair, they have been due for a win in Indy for several years now. 

It happens. It took Detroit 24 years to win in Green Bay again, this year. 

In the end, this team is probably better off not getting in the playoffs. Luck can now rest for the entire year, and not risk another injury, so hopefully he don't come back, and is well rested for next year. Further more, the organization can sit down and work out their issues and look into building for the future. 

Hope is not all lost. Next year will be better for the Colts. 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Yeah.. they could get a win vs any of the 3 teams they might face. The following week which will probably be at NE will be unlikely.

But hey... just thinking that they could luck out and be at the 2nd seed. Cinn and Denver have serious QB problems and that makes the 3rd seed really vulnerable in the wild card round. So maybe this will be an incredible year for a 8-8 or 9-7 Texan team ? Colts have a terrible year and a decent path to avoid NE in the 2nd round . 

Denver does not have a QB problem whatsoever. Brock has stepped up and turned out to be a terrific quarterback, and the best successor to a legend that is at the door of retirement. Cincy on the other hand, is completely screwed if Dalton isn't back come January. 

The AFC this year is a complete mess. I think the real SB is going to come down to the NFC, and it will be Carolina vs Seattle, or one of them vs Arizona. The NFCCG is going to be the game to watch for. 

Just now, Bogie said:

To be fair, they have been due for a win in Indy for several years now. 

It happens. It took Detroit 24 years to win in Green Bay again, this year. 

In the end, this team is probably better off not getting in the playoffs. Luck can now rest for the entire year, and not risk another injury, so hopefully he don't come back, and is well rested for next year. Further more, the organization can sit down and work out their issues and look into building for the future. 

Hope is not all lost. Next year will be better for the Colts. 

I am not to upset about the loss. It's disappointing considering the Colts goals but with Andrew being out this was really inevitable. I just always tried to stay positive and thought Hass had his moments this season.

16 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Denver does not have a QB problem whatsoever. Brock has stepped up and turned out to be a terrific quarterback, and the best successor to a legend that is at the door of retirement. Cincy on the other hand, is completely screwed if Dalton isn't back come January. 

The AFC this year is a complete mess. I think the real SB is going to come down to the NFC, and it will be Carolina vs Seattle, or one of them vs Arizona. The NFCCG is going to be the game to watch for. 

Yeah Oswieller had a nice run today. But they did go 7 straight quarters without a TD . Most thought he looked pretty lost out there.