Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Postgame reactions vs Texans (merge)

peytonmanning18

2 hours ago, Superman said:

That's a laugh. Pep's offense was awful, that's why he was fired. Chud hasn't had Luck since his first day on the job.

Actually Chud and Luck were together one game and it was very effective. Denver game ... right ?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

If we win out and Texans lose to either Tenn or Jax, Colts are in due to better division record

No, we would both be 4-2 in the Division, and 1-1 head to head.  So then it comes down to win-loss-tied percentage in common games.  I count 7 of them (removing Jags Titans as we are same if Texans lose one of them)..  Texans have played them all, and are 3 - 4 in those games.  We have played 6, and are 1 - 5 in those (that out of division record killing us here!).  So even if we beat the Dolphins, we will be 2 - 5 and lose that tiebreaker.  Texans would be in.  They must lose both  (7-9) and we have to win both  (8-8)  or Texans get AFC South crown.

That is why this game was so crucial.  And the medical team didn't knuckle under pressure and let Luck play this crucial game, because they didn't feel he was ready.  And the coaches must have felt MH gave us a better shot overall to win than Charlie Whitehurst.  I was at a family function, but was keeping track on iPad mini... seems we squandered a lot of opportunities and wasted the constant field position battle edge, not to mention lights out defense, in the first half.  I knew there was fumes in MH gas tank.  Needed to put more distance (points) on in the first half in order to hope to coast in at the finish ahead.

*** EDIT: I missed a game- Falcons where we won, Texans lost.  Makes this post moot, and tiebreker rule 5 would apply!  Strength of Victory which is in flux until all games have played out **

5 hours ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Exactly. Top 12 pick likely coming. Address OL, DL. Pass Rush, CB in the first 4 rounds and we will have 4 new impact players in 4 positions.

hopefully we have picks in the first 4 rds. Everybody knows how Grigson loved to trade upper draft picks for lousy players

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

The problem is that we have been depending on too many free agents and we haven't been drafting and developing talent like we should.  Grigson wanted to rebuild and win now.  With that approach either you win now and mortgage the future or lose now and still mortgage the future.  

the problem isn't free agents, it's the free agents he decided to sign.  It's not like he wasn't allowed to draft after signing these veterans.

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

the problem isn't free agents, it's the free agents he decided to sign.  It's not like he wasn't allowed to draft after signing these veterans.

No, it's also depending on free agents to fill major positions instead of drafting and developing talent.  We need to draft well, develop those draftees, and fill some gaps with free agents.  

11 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

No, it's also depending on free agents to fill major positions instead of drafting and developing talent.  We need to draft well, develop those draftees, and fill some gaps with free agents.  

Instead?  He was still allowed to draft and develop talent.  Unfortunately the colts haven't done very well in FA or the draft.

47 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Since that game, it's been Old Man Matt, and it's gotten progressively worse each week. 

Older guys have slower reactions and are more injury prone. MH was a classic example of that. As I think about todays game , it became evident that the Colts could not throw the ball down field. As a result , Houston really didn't have to defend a lot of the field. You had better have a heck of a running game to have a chance with what was left of MH.

6 hours ago, peytonmanning18 said:

What he has done with this team this year is nothing short of incredible.  Absolutely zero support from the front office and ownership yet he has somehow kept the team together all while being forced to play with a 40 year old backup QB.   

Yeah, he also had a great wasted timeout, and getting outcoached 73-3 in the second half the last three games really proves how good he is.

5 hours ago, get an 0-line said:

grigs has made bad draft picks as well as well as bad free agents, although when these same players go to another team they some are good,is this coaching?

Though sometimes it is schemes. yes., that is typically bad coaching.  But many of Grigson's mistakes are still bad players for other teams (or have washed out of the league).  Mike Adams who may have come here and tried out on his own (rather than being sought out by us) is a rare example of a FA making a big big difference on our team (when he's not hurt). I sure wish he was 10 years younger and had a future with us to enjoy rather than a slow decline to nothingness to watch.  But man, he's been a difference maker more than most of Grig's FA's combined.  

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Oh, and can I just ask for one thing for Xmas... that Harrison is run out of town on a rail?  Did you see his ole play where Hasselbeck got hurt?  He's by far an insult to all professional linemen who have gone before him.  But Grigs just can't get enough of him by golly.  

We need a center bad. Hopefully the new GM either drafts one or finds one in free agency. Harrison is god awful and they stick with him.

7 hours ago, Gavin said:

I'm actually looking at Coles snaps played this year and while his numbers were lower then many expected he only played in 469 snaps not counting today which not counting today averages 39 snaps a game and he has only played in more then 68% of the snaps in a game twice, Last year he had 806 on defense with the Eagles...Maybe he is just done and that's the reason for far less snaps.

Anyway some changes need to be made to the team and coaching staff and I think it needs to start with Joe Gilbert and Hal Hunter and I'd also be looking for week links among our scouting department...I think we might have one...I'm 100% sure on that. I also don't think it would hurt to see if we can talk Howard Mudd into a short term deal quite honestly but I've had it with Gilbert regardless

The WR coach needs to go as well. Its unbelievable how poorly that group has played this year.

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No, we would both be 4-2 in the Division, and 1-1 head to head.  So then it comes down to win-loss-tied percentage in common games.  I count 7 of them (removing Jags Titans as we are same if Texans lose one of them)..  Texans have played them all, and are 3 - 4 in those games.  We have played 6, and are 1 - 5 in those (that out of division record killing us here!).  So even if we beat the Dolphins, we will be 2 - 5 and lose that tiebreaker.  Texans would be in.  They must lose both  (7-9) and we have to win both  (8-8)  or Texans get AFC South crown.

That is why this game was so crucial.  And the medical team didn't knuckle under pressure and let Luck play this crucial game, because they didn't feel he was ready.  And the coaches must have felt MH gave us a better shot overall to win than Charlie Whitehurst.  I was at a family function, but was keeping track on iPad mini... seems we squandered a lot of opportunities and wasted the constant field position battle edge, not to mention lights out defense, in the first half.  I knew there was fumes in MH gas tank.  Needed to put more distance (points) on in the first half in order to hope to coast in at the finish ahead.

After reading a few explanations, including yours, I stand corrected. Texans need to lose both and we need to win both. What a nightmare of a season. I do hope if Pagano and Grigson are gone, the Colts will try and get Sean Payton.

6 hours ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

The WR coach needs to go as well. Its unbelievable how poorly that group has played this year.

Luck had a ton to do with that, He was awful this year. Also we really don't have a physical wr which has been a huge problem this year at different times. Johnsons done. Moncrief is not physical for a guy his size. Hiltons built like a young teenager...That's not a shot at him just the truth......He has been great for us however way more often then not though

12 men on the field at a critical game point and you see Pagano's expression is that of a person with no emotion/interest. His post game talk is as exciting as the Colts are on he field. I don't dislike Pagano but he has a division game yesterday with only two more games in the season and just finished losing big to Jacksonville last week and he acted like he wanted to be on the golf course.  Get rid of him now before the season is over to send a message to the players. I am sick to think his season, one we all thought would be the biggest shot at a SB has turned out to be one of the biggest jokes in NFL history.

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

After reading a few explanations, including yours, I stand corrected. Texans need to lose both and we need to win both. What a nightmare of a season. I do hope if Pagano and Grigson are gone, the Colts will try and get Sean Payton.

Reading others posts, I found a few other possibilities too!  In addition to the lose 2 / win 2 scenario, if Texans lose 2, we really only need to beat the Titans!  Because at a 7-9 tie, we own the tiebreaker  (tiebreaker rule #2) number of Division games won!!

And if the Texans Split, (only by losing to the Titans and beating the Jags, not the other way around) and we win 2, the tiebreaker for the crown will be tiebreaker rule #5, Strength of Victory.  That is in flux until all games have been played.

The point is, we still have a chance to get into the playoffs, and there is a chance Luck could be healthy enough to QB the Colts in the post season.  Not a highe percentage chance, but a chance nevertheless.  This is not yet the time for many of our 'optimistic' fans to jump ship and ride the high draft choice train, IMHO.

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

Luck had a ton to do with that, He was awful this year. Also we really don't have a physical wr which has been a huge problem this year at different times. Johnsons done. Moncrief is not physical for a guy his size. Hiltons built like a young teenager...That's not a shot at him just the truth......He has been great for us however way more often then not though

Yeah bad QB play doesn't help, but I'm talking about the fact that nobody besides a play here or there by TY gets open.