Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Postgame reactions vs Texans (merge)

peytonmanning18

2 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

I think this may be the happiest I've been all season.

1. Everyone gets fired. No more bozo decisions with the team

2. Luck gets healthy

3. We get rid of what we don't need (players) and we keep who we really need.

4. Restructuring contracts-ty hilton, castonzo. Save some money

5. No resigning players like Dwayne, fleener and toler.

6. 30% off lucks contract for his poor play this season. Jk that's on the oline.

7. More time to save up for the super bowl for us fans.

8. Top 10 pick to get another wide receiver.

Excited to see what comes next this offseason. This team ain't going down without a fight as long as luck is the quarterback. He's a leader and will turn this team around if we can build a good line finally.

But wait here is the catch. Hopefully everyone gets fired tomorrow and if we somehow make it to the playoffs miraculously, no more bonehead grigson making decisions for the team.

Ryan, is that you???

Luggage already packed?

:D

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, had we even won I wouldn't of talked smack because we just didn't look good all day. I thought our Defense played great in the 1st Half but we just played sloppy at many times, committed dumb penalties, and our Offense without Andrew is wishy-washy. Hass is decent but Andrew is a Top 10, if not Top 5 QB today.  

Dumb penalties have pretty much been the whole story all year on both sides of the ball.

21 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

My take on this is that Chuck was coaching with a handicap of Grison being a micromanager (via the reports Grigs was making some coaching decisions).  Going on that assumption I don't think we have really seen how well Chuck can do.  I agree that he still seems to have player support.

Luck and Chud had one game together and Luck had his best game of the year.  If you bring in a new coach you probably let the coach bring in a new system though Chud may also do the same in the off-season.  The difference is that Chud and Luck already have a relationship.  How much better would this team be if Chuck had a Chud/Luck combo?

That is what Irsay has to figure out.  From there he has to look at the relationship between Grigs and Chuck along with his draft choices.  Does Grigs deserve aa chance to improve or has he seen enough and he finds another GM.

Personally, I think Chuck and Chud could work, but i think we should get rid of Grigs.  I would prefer someone with better draft success.  Fix the darn O-Line!

Any coach would be much better with a healthy Luck all season  These bozo's won a lot of games off that kid (though let's be serious, the first year was primarily about Chuck's guardian angel who flew to Arizona).  I predicted with a healthy Luck all season that we'd struggle to win our division and we could easily go 8-8 or 9-7 and that Houston should be favored to win the division.  And I never dreamed Luck would be out most of the year and hurt almost all of it.  Playing the AFC East was ALWAYS going to be a nightmare for us and I knew that the NFC South was going to be better (I even expected Atlanta to win a lot more games, though they fell off due to some mystery no one has really solved).  I predicted we'd get blown out by NE and Pitt before the season and said we'd have a solid shot at Denver due more to Manning knowing it was his last game in Indy.  

I supported Chuck most of the season, but these last 3 weeks he's made so many poor decisions and his teams have not played inspired football nor have they seemed prepared, something you could say about stretches in every single season.  His ongoing terrible decisions like wasting a time out in an end game stretch where time outs were gold on that utterly dumb unwinnable challenge.  He did it last week and again this week.  He's gotta go... they all need to go.  And take Chud with you because his call on the last play was so *ic with an injured QB who couldn't throw long and had no accuracy on even short balls all day that he isn't fit to coach this team or any other.  It's a rare example of Cleveland getting something right.  

The only successful plays were typically short tosses to the outside, crossing routes, tosses to tight ends and rb's on screens, but he barely ran any of those plays, opting instead to try and run on the line that was crushing us over and over just because we gained 10 yards twice.  190 yards?  We've given that much up on D in several games haven't we?.  

These last two games can't be over soon enough and then the long wait til next year while we watch New England waltz to another Super Bowl with only Pittsburgh to stop them in the AFC.  And the Pacers lately have caught the Colts disease.  

Oh, and can I just ask for one thing for Xmas... that Harrison is run out of town on a rail?  Did you see his ole play where Hasselbeck got hurt?  He's by far an insult to all professional linemen who have gone before him.  But Grigs just can't get enough of him by golly.  

Couldn't watch the game today, however I did follow it on my score. I'm done with Pagano and Grigson. Thornton and Harrison are awful and the main reason our QB's are always hurt. Hasselbeck played the best he can. He was obviously injured.

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

Oh, and can I just ask for one thing for Xmas... that Harrison is run out of town on a rail?  Did you see his ole play where Hasselbeck got hurt?  He's by far an insult to all professional linemen who have gone before him.  But Grigs just can't get enough of him by golly.  

I would like this post over and over. don't understand it. Team need a NFL caliber center badly.

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

Couldn't watch the game today, however I did follow it on my score. I'm done with Pagano and Grigson. Thornton and Harrison are awful and the main reason our QB's are always hurt. Hasselbeck played the best he can. He was obviously injured.

You're lucky...I don't know why did I punished myself by watching it...

6 minutes ago, MTC said:

This is an unpopular opinion, but we now know that firing Pep was not a smart idea. Just bad personnel on offense. 

The skill positions have not been anything close to what they were billed to be.  Guys can't get open and aren't making plays. Been that way all season.

If this was "all in", after two terrible butt whippings, then this team just doesn't have anything to offer.  Pagano been here long enough to put his stamp on the team. We should have showed something that looks like a team pushing for the playoffs. So I guess this is his stamp.

Luck or no Luck, we allowed a 4th string street free agent QB and a 2nd & 3rd string RB to simply beat us with nothing to offer in repsonse. NO excuses. No, if we had Luck or if we had whatever. Every team this time of year is dealing with injuries- NE, Seattle, etc have all lost important players and yet are able to play well & compete.  

We played like we were all out of ideas & really just lacked the talent to truly compete with a Houston team, with all respect, that is not exactly world beaters.  Poor showing. Poor coaching. Poor execution. No excuses. No whining. 

The wood has been chopped, the process has been stuck to, the next man has come up- and this is what we have to show for it.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The skill positions have not been anything close to what they were billed to be.  Guys can't get open and aren't making plays. Been that way all season.

TY is our only talent on offense (and Luck obviously). Moncrief is good, but he's not reliable as a top receiver. Fleener needs to go and Allen is a blocking TE now because our offensive line is garbage. It's unfortunate because Allen is very talented. 

This  has been said many times but if we had even an average offensive line this season would be much different as would be past seasons.

The main focus the only important focus it's too create an offensive line that can block and create holes.

The window is closed on Luck's first contract. We had a chance with a much friendlier salary cap to build an offensive line but failed miserably

End of story!

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

TY is our only talent on offense (and Luck obviously). Moncrief is good, but he's not reliable as a top receiver. Fleener needs to go and Allen is a blocking TE now because our offensive line is garbage. It's unfortunate because Allen is very talented. 

I agree, it is unfortunate. In some ways it almost hard to know how talented these guys might be if we could have decent pass protection, keep the QB on his feet and some kind of running game, any kind of running game, for defenses to respect. 

I'd really like to see Chuck fired immediately and hand the team over to anyone... hell the water boy, who cares.  Let every player know they are playing for their jobs because there's going to be a massive house cleaning and all the dead wood is going away so you better suit up., stop making * penalties, and start acting like professionals not phoning it in.  I feel sorry for a handful of players who were clearly trying hard to make up for the garbage around them.  The team was 100% unprepared to play that game just like the previous two weeks.   Dumb penalties, uninspiring play calls, bad routes, bad throws, confusion on where to be, who to block, how to tackle, how to play your position.   Only our ancient Safety seemed to be trying to win the game.   Houston loses it's 3rd string QB on the Road where they have never won and bring in a retread like Weeden who likely had little to no snaps with any of the players on the field and he smoked us along with the back up running backs.  On offense, our receivers who were typically not where the QB thought they should be, once they actually made a catch were too worried about strutting like a chicken in a barnyard than getting serious and winning the game.  That's all about poor coaching and poor team discipline.  Charlie Whitehurst, who sucks very badly, looked Superhuman for a few plays because he actually had zip on the ball, tossed it to the right spots and didn't turn it over.  I know Hasselbeck was hurt but the game call all game was trying not to lose, until it came down to 2 minutes when they called a hail mary with plenty of time on the clock and no one on the route where the ball was thrown but several defenders playing center field.  A lump of coal in their stockings. 

PS: PLEASE oh PLEASE cut Harrison... please... Santa? Anyone there?  Is it too much to ask?

I'm actually looking at Coles snaps played this year and while his numbers were lower then many expected he only played in 469 snaps not counting today which not counting today averages 39 snaps a game and he has only played in more then 68% of the snaps in a game twice, Last year he had 806 on defense with the Eagles...Maybe he is just done and that's the reason for far less snaps.

Anyway some changes need to be made to the team and coaching staff and I think it needs to start with Joe Gilbert and Hal Hunter and I'd also be looking for week links among our scouting department...I think we might have one...I'm 100% sure on that. I also don't think it would hurt to see if we can talk Howard Mudd into a short term deal quite honestly but I've had it with Gilbert regardless

54 minutes ago, MTC said:

Why are you putting Harrison's awfulness on Thornton? How did Thornton get anyone hurt?

21 minutes ago, MTC said:

I agreed with this sentiment much of the season, but when the team isn't remotely prepared, then the coaching staff is to blame.  Penalties, clueless assignment gaffes, not knowing what play is being run, horrendous challenges over multiple weeks, mind numbingly dumb play calls at the worst times... on and on... all are coaching problems Mr. Harnish.  I do wish we'd had you at QB today though... might not have lost.  

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

Why are you putting Harrison's awfulness on Thornton? How did Thornton get anyone hurt?

The whole Harrison thing is just baffling to the point of madness. If any one of us performed our jobs as badly as he does his, we would have been fired and sent packing. I know these coaches and GM's are supposed to be able to spot talent and potential, but they cannot be watching the same game the rest of us watch.  If you want him to develop, let him develop on the practice squad where he doesn't get our starting QB pulverized every week.

If I were the QB's on this team I would have to have a serious conversation with Pagano & Gilbert, enough of getting killed behind his matador blocking.

Right now Matt is at home taking a handful of Advil and cursing Harrison's name.

2 hours ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

I think we will cut Aj, Cole, and let toler, Mathis and walden go to free up money for free agent linemen and draft all defense

The problem is that we have been depending on too many free agents and we haven't been drafting and developing talent like we should.  Grigson wanted to rebuild and win now.  With that approach either you win now and mortgage the future or lose now and still mortgage the future.  

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

The problem is that we have been depending on too many free agents and we haven't been drafting and developing talent like we should.  Grigson wanted to rebuild and win now.  With that approach either you win now and mortgage the future or lose now and still mortgage the future.  

I'm no cap expert, but if we release a lot of these guys we signed this year, we will be eating a lot of dead money in cap space for the next couple of years (maybe one of our resident cap guru's can fill us in). Which unfortunately would hamper the next guy coming in to try to build a roster. Don't mind the GM gambling  with some FA, but you are right, the bulk of the work better be done through the draft especially with the way the rookie salary scale is set up. And must say he hasn't exactly filled the pipeline with great talent.

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

grigs has made bad draft picks as well as well as bad free agents, although when these same players go to another team they some are good,is this coaching?

22 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

I'm no cap expert, but if we release a lot of these guys we signed this year, we will be eating a lot of dead money in cap space for the next couple of years (maybe one of our resident cap guru's can fill us in). Which unfortunately would hamper the next guy coming in to try to build a roster. Don't mind the GM gambling  with some FA, but you are right, the bulk of the work better be done through the draft especially with the way the rookie salary scale is set up. And must say he hasn't exactly filled the pipeline with great talent.

Not really on the dead cap space. Depends on who you're talking about, but most of the contracts on the books can be terminated after this season without a lot of dead money.

48 minutes ago, get an 0-line said:

after 4 years of the grigs era, we still cant protect the qb. we still cant run the ball, we still cant sack the qb, we still cant stop the run, and now we cant stop the pass or pass the ball, should we have 4 more years of grigs?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! No more! It's been decades since we could do all that... If ever. We've been given false promises ladies and gents.