Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano: Luck will not play Sunday

GoColts8818

4 hours ago, Jim H. said:

Could be worse, sir.  I traveled to Indy for what turned out to be Manning's last game - the last minute playoff loss to the Jets.  Talk about a crushing event.

Sorry for that. I've had some bad luck like that over the years....I even remember having tickets to the Pacers vs Magic the game AFTER the Brawl in the Palace....like the whole team was suspended. I think Fred Jones was our leading scorer...it happens lol.

On the bright side I went to the TB game this year after Thanksgiving and we played a GREAT second half so you may get to see a good game regardless. They will need your support even more now so have fun and cheer loud!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jim H. said:

Could be worse, sir.  I traveled to Indy for what turned out to be Manning's last game - the last minute playoff loss to the Jets.  Talk about a crushing event.

Yeah that game stunk! The best game I have ever attended was the 2009 Pats game where we won 35-34. Down 34-14 in the 4th and came back! Reggie from Peyton for the win! The ol 4th and 2 game! I will always cherish that moment.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don't want to risk a guys career possibly over a couple games that if we can't win without him we don't deserve to play in the playoffs anyways. Just my opinion but we aren't talking about playing through pain...or being a percentage healed....he needs to be 100%..and I find it hard to believe we or the medical staff could be certain of that this year.

The medical staff will not jeopardize Luck's health and safety.  Yes, they have the science and diagnostic imaging tools to know when he's 100% healthy.  They also have a recovery program and exercise routine for recovering patients to go through. And they monitor every step along the way. They will tell the Colts when Luck is ready, not one  moment sooner.  If there are football games still to be played, the coaching staff will determine if Luck is in good enough football shape to compete, and if so, will let him play.  It's the way it works.

On 12/16/2015 at 1:57 PM, QwizBoy said:

Phew. I thought he would be returning to torment us once again, this is big news. 

Sorry...but  for some strange reason this made me laugh. Can't say that I begrudge you for those sentiments coming from you perspective though.   Also noticed your tagline.  lol  Don't count your chickens too early Qwiz.    I know my boys look to be in bad shape but we will see how it plays out on the field.

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Sorry...but  for some strange reason this made me laugh. Can't say that I begrudge you for those sentiments coming from you perspective though.   Also noticed your tagline.  lol  Don't count your chickens too early Qwiz.    I know my boys look to be in bad shape but we will see how it plays out on the field.

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it as far as Andrew is concerned haha. I never root for injury but I don't think there's a Texan fan in the world who's mad that he's not playing Sunday. Also my signature has been the same all season man lol...I never count my guys out till they're actually out, and I thought we could have a chance to win this division. I couldn't have predicted the Colts demise, but I did know that we would have a chance. 

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Qwiz knows though without Andrew playing, his Texans stand a much better chance. That is actually a sign of respect by what he Posted because Andrew has played pretty good vs the Texans in his 3 seasons. He is 5-1 and has put up big numbers.

They need to put Luck on injured reserve for the year. He has taken a beating along with Hasselback and soon to be beat up Whitehurst. We will be lucky to see Luck sign a new contract with this offensive line situation. The defense could be better if they were not playing from behind with no chance at coming back.

Let Whitehurst hand the ball off 35 times, throw short every once in a while. If you win great, if not so what. This team is not going to shock the world and win a play off game. Get ready for next year.

Manning, Roethlisberger, Luck, Dalton, Gronk, Edelman. All key players that missed games due to injuries this year. Who's to say the teams in the playoffs don't get a few key injuries which opens the door for some upsets?

You never know what will happen and you never give up on an opportunity to make the playoffs.

As soon as Luck is cleared by the doctors, he plays.

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it as far as Andrew is concerned haha. I never root for injury but I don't think there's a Texan fan in the world who's mad that he's not playing Sunday. Also my signature has been the same all season man lol...I never count my guys out till they're actually out, and I thought we could have a chance to win this division. I couldn't have predicted the Colts demise, but I did know that we would have a chance. 

I guess your tagline never caught my eye until it now because the reality of it happening didn't seem as likely as it does now.  Crazy season. lol