Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano: Luck will not play Sunday

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Flash said:

The Colts starting QB is not playing. The backup QB is not practicing and will most likely be a game time decision. Even if Hasselbeck plays, is the arrow pointing up or down him, with all of his injuries taking a toll on his 40-year old body? Odds are, he will continue to struggle because his body has not healed.

The Colts scored only 16 points on the Jags, and the only Colts TD was a defensive TD. The offense struggled mightily with Hasselbeck, who was less banged up then than he is this week.

The Texans starting QB isn't playing either. Just saying.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

The Texans starting QB isn't playing either. Just saying.

I hear ya. They also don't have Foster. 

The Texans don't have a "starting QB." They have a guy that starts, (Hoyer) but he's no starting QB. Yates is okay as the back up.

I'm more worried about the Colts offense, or lack of. It's gonna be an ugly game.

If he said out of his own mouth that his kidney isn't healed I'm not sure how they were projecting him to play against the Dolphins.  If it's not healed this week I just can't see how it would be fully healed next week either. Sounds to me like he may just end up having to sit for the rest of the regular season at least.  Just keep practicing and what not.  Maybe we somehow win the Texans game and give ourselves a chance for the playoffs and he's ready then.   Ooh this season has been painful!

1 hour ago, krunk said:

We are darn sure going to have to run the football a lot, which I am definitely open to because that will get Hass back into the play action game.  Seems Chud has kind of gotten away from it a little bit.  I certainly like Gore against the Texans front, although I'm starting to think they will put more emphasis on stopping our run game this time.  With Hass arm situation as I put more thought into it they will probably play the run hard and try to play tight man to man coverage so that if we decide to go deep we'll have to execute a real good throw to beat it.  They are probably betting he won't be able to beat them too many times.

If we do run a lot i want boom to get more carries. Gore is taking a beating right now. 

Just now, LuckIsAwesome said:

If we do run a lot i want boom to get more carries. Gore is taking a beating right now. 

I'd like to see Chud give them about 15 carries a piece or maybe 15 for Gore, 10 for Boom and 5 to 7 carries for Tipton.  Chud tends to run Gore a little bit too much more than the other backs and it's clear he's getting a bit worn out.

54 minutes ago, krunk said:

Andrew Luck on returning to practice, but not being cleared yet for a game:

“My kidney is not fully healed, so that does not allow me to get in a position that with contact could further injure myself.”

http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Colts-Wednesday-Notebook-Andrew-Luck-Returns-To-Practice-Will-Not-Play-Sunday/6ffda4a2-fd21-44fe-b65b-3b69f7b70ab3

God this is so gut wrenching!  Hearing him say this it makes you wonder if he will even be back next week.  I would have to be pretty doubtful about next week either.

I would think next week he would be fine.  We also need to win next week (if we win this week),  Because it's not a guarantee that we will beat the Titans in the season finale  with their phenomenal rookie QB. 

==============================

Scenario A

Indy 7-7 after this week

Texans 6-8 after this week

If Scenario A

We lose our last two weeks finish 7-9

Texans win their last two they finish 8-8

We lose the division

If Scenario A

We go 1-1 our last two weeks finish 8-8

Texans go 1-1 their last two weeks finish 7-9

We win the division

Scenario B, C & D  (I don't want to talk about it)

2 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I would think next week would be fine.  We also need to win next week (if we win this week),  Because it's not a guarantee that we will beat the Titans with their phenomenal rookie QB. 

Scenario A

Indy 7-7 after this week

Texans 6-8 after this week

If Scenario A

We lose our last two weeks finish 7-9

Texans win their last two they finish 8-8

We lose the division

If Scenario A

We go 1-1 our last two weeks finish 8-8

Texans go 1-1 their last two weeks finish 7-9

We win the division

Scenario B  (I don't want to talk about it)

To me after all this time the kidney has not healed I don't see how just one more week will have him there either.  I don't know a whole lot about the healing process of a kidney, but to me it doesn't seem that likely he'd be fully healed by next week.  Could certainly be wrong though.

38 minutes ago, dw49 said:

You already acknowledged that your strongpoint was not figuring out what clinches divisions and what does not. A texan win vs the Colts does not put them in a position to win the division with a win over the Jags. That combination could put them in the playoffs by some other tie breaker but not the # 2 tiebreaker which would be division standing . Last I looked at it a Colt loss ve Houston and subsequent wins over Tenn and Miami , couples with a Houston loss at EITHER Jacksonville OR TENNESSEE would result in the following..

1) 1-1 record head to head play.

2) Same division records  5-2

3) Same Conference record   Both would have 2 of their 7 losses vs NFC teams.

4) Record in common games . This also looks to be a tie.

5) Strength of victory. This would be the tie breaker. Houston would need the Jets , Cinn and N.O to finish well. The Colts fans would pull for Denver , Atlanta and Miami*.   That * means the Colts would need to beat Miami to make the above scenario worth looking at.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/14618/division-winning-scenarios-for-the-houston-texans

I got my info here. I still am not claiming to be good at these clinching scenarios lol.

21 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/14618/division-winning-scenarios-for-the-houston-texans

I got my info here. I still am not claiming to be good at these clinching scenarios lol.

Just throw out all of the other stuff. We pretty much know whoever wins Sunday will win the Division LOL. That is your teams and my team Playoff game Qwiz.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just throw out all of the other stuff. We pretty much know whoever wins Sunday will win the Division LOL. That is your teams and my team Playoff game Qwiz.

Yep. It's been a good season....hell who am I kidding it's been hard on all of us with these two teams lol. Whoever wins will definitely deserve it. 

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep. It's been a good season....hell who am I kidding it's been hard on all of us with these two teams lol. Whoever wins will definitely deserve it. 

I agree, whoever wins this game deserves the Division. If the Colts lose that would be 3 in a row so at that point we don't deserve it. Hopkins scares the heck out of me. I think the Colts shouldn't take any chances with him and double him.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, whoever wins this game deserves the Division. If the Colts lose that would be 3 in a row so at that point we don't deserve it. Hopkins scares the heck of me. I think the Colts shouldn't take any chances with him and double him.

Your star receiver scares me as well. Hilton always seems to save his best games for us. I hope he and Andre don't start acting a fool against our secondary. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you would love it if Andre had his best game of the season (sarcasm). He actually played Good in the 1st meeting.

Too good...I'm gonna have to send Cortland Finnegan to the game so he can get him ejected again lol.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

If he said out of his own mouth that his kidney isn't healed I'm not sure how they were projecting him to play against the Dolphins.  If it's not healed this week I just can't see how it would be fully healed next week either. Sounds to me like he may just end up having to sit for the rest of the regular season at least.  Just keep practicing and what not.  Maybe we somehow win the Texans game and give ourselves a chance for the playoffs and he's ready then.   Ooh this season has been painful!

Yeah if someone told me in August or July that we'd be 6-7 entering a make or break Week 15 match up vs Houston possibly having to turn to Charlie Whitehurst as our QB, I wouldn't have been able to imagine it.

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

She's should not "delve into the playoff machine. "Really stupid assessment on her part. Houston is 2-1 in the division. If they beat the Colts and lose to the Jags oe Tenn , they will finish at 4-2. The Colts are 3-1. If they lose to the Texans and beat the Titans , they are also 4-2. As I said earlier , the Texans need to beat the Colts , Titans and Jags to win the division

A win over the Colts and either the Jags or Titans , which she states , does not win the Division for the Texans. If you want to see the exact , correct scenario , go to the post where I gave it correctly.

So not your bad as you did read her pile of poop correctly . 

She says if the Texans beat the Colts in week 15 , the following is true...It's wrong.

"The Texans only need one more win after beating Indianapolis to secure the division. If they lose to the Titans this week, their next game will essentially be a play-in game."  

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

She's should not "delve into the playoff machine. "Really stupid assessment on her part. Houston is 2-1 in the division. If they beat the Colts and lose to the Jags oe Tenn , they will finish at 4-2. The Colts are 3-1. If they lose to the Texans and beat the Titans , they are also 4-2. As I said earlier , the Texans need to beat the Colts , Titans and Jags to win the division

A win over the Colts and either the Jags or Titans , which she states , does not win the Division for the Texans. If you want to see the exact , correct scenario , go to the post where I gave it correctly.

So not your bad as you did read her pile of poop correctly . 

She says if the Texans beat the Colts in week 15 , the following is true...It's wrong.

"The Texans only need one more win after beating Indianapolis to secure the division. If they lose to the Titans this week, their next game will essentially be a play-in game."  

I'll take your word for it. I still don't get all this SOS hullabaloo lol. In any case, I think whoever wins is like 99% likely to win the division. 

17 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'll take your word for it. I still don't get all this SOS hullabaloo lol. In any case, I think whoever wins is like 99% likely to win the division. 

No doubt the winner has a huge advantage. To be honest about it , the Colts would almost for sure lock it up as they would clinch with just one win in the next two games . Reason being they win the first tee breaker which is head to head. The Texans have a little more work to do as they would need to win their remaining two games. Jags are kind of tough and if they win this week vs Atlanta , they would still be in the hunt for the division. 

But that said , I agree that odds are if the Texans win this week , they are big favorites to win the division. Heck... we don't even know if Luck will be ready the following week vs the Dolphins.

I kinda figured this. This wasn't your standard injury that you could possibly mess around with coming back too soon. We could be talking losing a KIDNEY if he reinjured it. It isn't something that you can play at 80% or 90%. It has to be FULLY healed. It wasn't a pain threashold thing or something...its a career thing. I know our shot at winning diminishes greatly without him but its the smart thing to do. We still have a shot at this...win or lose we will deserve what we get. We have had numerous chances to put distance between us and this division and its our own fault if we don't win it.

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

No doubt the winner has a huge advantage. To be honest about it , the Colts would almost for sure lock it up as they would clinch with just one win in the next two games . Reason being they win the first tee breaker which is head to head. The Texans have a little more work to do as they would need to win their remaining two games. Jags are kind of tough and if they win this week vs Atlanta , they would still be in the hunt for the division. 

But that said , I agree that odds are if the Texans win this week , they are big favorites to win the division. Heck... we don't even know if Luck will be ready the following week vs the Dolphins.

Too true. That's my thinking as well. There are some who think Andrew might be shut down for the season if the Texans win, because a miraculous recovery wouldn't be realistic to expect for the Dolphins game. I guess we will see. That defense is pretty nasty too, don't want to see Andrew get clobbered by Suh. 

8 hours ago, krunk said:

To me after all this time the kidney has not healed I don't see how just one more week will have him there either.  I don't know a whole lot about the healing process of a kidney, but to me it doesn't seem that likely he'd be fully healed by next week.  Could certainly be wrong though.

Why Not?  The time frame is within the accepted medical field realm of recovery.  I'm pleased they have allowed Luck Limited practice and increased his activity level.  They are checking him out to make sure he is on track for full practice / hitting soon. They must build his stamina, and ease him in to high level activity.  They want to do it slowly and monitor the effects.  If no setbacks, no biggie.  My goal is he is active vs. Miami, but Lucks body will tell the Medical team whether he is ready or not.  But the time frame is ripe...

19 hours ago, Finch23 said:

Damn, was really hoping to see Luck play considering I'm making the trip to Indy for my first home game. Oh well.

Could be worse, sir.  I traveled to Indy for what turned out to be Manning's last game - the last minute playoff loss to the Jets.  Talk about a crushing event.

11 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Why Not?  The time frame is within the accepted medical field realm of recovery.  I'm pleased they have allowed Luck Limited practice and increased his activity level.  They are checking him out to make sure he is on track for full practice / hitting soon. They must build his stamina, and ease him in to high level activity.  They want to do it slowly and monitor the effects.  If no setbacks, no biggie.  My goal is he is active vs. Miami, but Lucks body will tell the Medical team whether he is ready or not.  But the time frame is ripe...

In my opinion (which I'm no doctor and not affiliated with the team in any way lol) but the only safe course of action and really the prudent course of action is to put Luck on the IR and let him come back next year. I don't feel comfortable playing around with someones health (kidney for crying out loud) for the sake of a playoff game or maybe two. If he doesn't fully heal and he takes a shot and re-injures it he could lose it. I don't want to risk a guys career possibly over a couple games that if we can't win without him we don't deserve to play in the playoffs anyways. Just my opinion but we aren't talking about playing through pain...or being a percentage healed....he needs to be 100%..and I find it hard to believe we or the medical staff could be certain of that this year. If we value player safety in the NFL and our Colts players long term health we should hold him out. To me its doing right by him...not putting him in a position where he feels obligated to play through this situation. It also builds goodwill down the road when we talk contracts..knowing this team cares about a player more than just the $$...well its a gesture at that lol.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In my opinion (which I'm no doctor and not affiliated with the team in any way lol) but the only safe course of action and really the prudent course of action is to put Luck on the IR and let him come back next year. I don't feel comfortable playing around with someones health (kidney for crying out loud) for the sake of a playoff game or maybe two. If he doesn't fully heal and he takes a shot and re-injures it he could lose it. I don't want to risk a guys career possibly over a couple games that if we can't win without him we don't deserve to play in the playoffs anyways. Just my opinion but we aren't talking about playing through pain...or being a percentage healed....he needs to be 100%..and I find it hard to believe we or the medical staff could be certain of that this year. If we value player safety in the NFL and our Colts players long term health we should hold him out. To me its doing right by him...not putting him in a position where he feels obligated to play through this situation. It also builds goodwill down the road when we talk contracts..knowing this team cares about a player more than just the $$...well its a gesture at that lol.

Looks like Hass is playing this week so if we win that puts us in the driver seat in the Division. The timetable for Andrew's injury to heal is 6 weeks and it's right at that. I see no reason why he cant come back for the Playoffs. The Playoffs are still almost a month away. Of course if he isn't healthy I wouldn't play him but for his type of injury he should be fine in a week or 2 going by what the Doc's have said so far and their timetable. You are right though a kidney is nothing to play around with so we will see over the next 2 weeks what transpires.