Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano: Luck will not play Sunday

GoColts8818

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Umm, he's not out for the season. If we win this week he could very well be back for the Phins game and we can make a run. Some people give up on the season way too easy. It's not like Hass cant beat Yates here in Indy.

Umm, i said Nothing about this season.

And the odds of the lame Hass making it to the 2nd half, And not Hurting us with his play then...
  Making a run? To the Bathroom maybe!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think TY and Moncrief both may have 2 or 3 key opportunities deep. We need to take advantage of all the key breaks, get Turnovers, not Turn it over etc.. Maybe this could finally be the week Frankie gains 100?

We are darn sure going to have to run the football a lot, which I am definitely open to because that will get Hass back into the play action game.  Seems Chud has kind of gotten away from it a little bit.  I certainly like Gore against the Texans front, although I'm starting to think they will put more emphasis on stopping our run game this time.  With Hass arm situation as I put more thought into it they will probably play the run hard and try to play tight man to man coverage so that if we decide to go deep we'll have to execute a real good throw to beat it.  They are probably betting he won't be able to beat them too many times.

55 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

but he's only been cleared for individual work and not 11-on-11 or team drills

I look forward to a Healthy - Much Improved Andrew - Next Season!

Look at your last sentence. If you are not implying we are pretty much done and rest Luck for next season then my apologies. I basically thought that's what you meant. We have so many people on here just giving up on the season so I don't know what to think when someone posts something.

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

The Colts starting QB is not playing. The backup QB is not practicing and will most likely be a game time decision. Even if Hasselbeck plays, is the arrow pointing up or down him, with all of his injuries taking a toll on his 40-year old body? Odds are, he will continue to struggle because his body has not healed.

The Colts scored only 16 points on the Jags, and the only Colts TD was a defensive TD. The offense struggled mightily with Hasselbeck, who was less banged up then than he is this week.

Yes, but if Castonzo is back this week, then the OL will be much improved over what was in front of Matt against the Jags.  That alone will make a huge difference.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Good season guys, time to move the conversation to the draft forum.

Yea,this really stinks to high heaven.  I believe Yates is younger and for us it is not looking good with nasty pass rushers coming at old Hassey.  But I will keep the faith until there is no time on the clock (unless we spot them a 50 burger again).  RIP Pagano

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This week is for all the marbles! I am ok with Hass in there, I would of course feel 100 times a better with Luck but the situation is what it is. You guys perhaps have your best chance of all-time to finally beat us but I still trust Hass. If Charlie plays you guys will win.

Their best chance all-time to beat us was when we had Dan Orlovsky starting at QB.

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

what about the health of the other 6 players that couldn't go last time (I believe 5 starters other than luck......)

Looks like most of them will be playing. Definitely Walden and Freeman, I believe Toler should make it too.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Looks like most of them will be playing. Definitely Walden and Freeman, I believe Toler should make it too.

Excellent !!  Put Hassey in a Hyperbolic chamber and let's play!!! Crossing fingers for Castanzo even though he hasn't had a stellar year (if nothing else, he's got the best Offensive Linemen name in the league).

6 minutes ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

If there was ever a time for Frank Gore to crank out 130 rushing yards and 2 TDs, Sunday is the time.

He was the main reason we had so much success last time.  With Hasslebecks rib injury I'm thinking they'll load the box against Gore, play tight man to man and see if we can win deep.  They'll probably mix it up from time to time and play some 8 defenders just to throw Hass off. All in all I think they'll want to get that run game bottled up. Force Matt to extend drives to the end zone.  I think I would do that just based on how he's been playing lately.

Just now, krunk said:

He was the main reason we had so much success last time.  With Hasslebecks arm injury I'm thinking they'll load the box, play tight man to man and see if we can win deep.  They'll probably mix it up from time to time and play some 8 defenders just to throw Hass off. All in all I think they'll want to get that run game bottled up. Force Matt to extend drives to the end zone.  I think I would do that just based on how he's been playing lately.

Probably. I just don't see Matt being able to have a game like he did against TB on Sunday with his health issues. The only way we win is by running the football and the defense showing up.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

Probably. I just don't see Matt being able to have a game like he did against TB on Sunday with his health issues. The only way we win is by running the football and the defense showing up.

Yeah I believe we'll have to run a lot too.  I'm just saying I think they are going to load up against the run in most cases. I think they want to have us put it in Hass. hands to win the game.  To do that you have to be very effective against Gore.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

They may play him with 8 defenders back, but with Hasslebeck and the rib injury they may just play the run real heavy and leave the deep ball open.  Hopefully Hass can take advantage of a couple of those.  It won't be done a whole lot I'm sure of that, but I do believe they'll probably leave us some opportunities due to the circumstances. Most of his throws are going to be short, but I'm hoping he takes his shots like last week.

That's what I was thinking. Focus on what should be the strength for the Colts on Sunday which I think will be the run game. Force the pass and collapse the pocket. It could lead to big plays or it could lead to picks (which is basically a big play for the opposing team lol). Or this could all be a smoke screen and Whitehurst will trot out there on Sunday with his hair blowing in the wind.

12 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Excellent !!  Put Hassey in a Hyperbolic chamber and let's play!!! Crossing fingers for Castanzo even though he hasn't had a stellar year (if nothing else, he's got the best Offensive Linemen name in the league).

Reitz would go back to the other T position where he plays better also!

14 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

what is a hyperbolic chamber???

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

That's what I was thinking. Focus on what should be the strength for the Colts on Sunday which I think will be the run game. Force the pass and collapse the pocket. It could lead to big plays or it could lead to picks (which is basically a big play for the opposing team lol). Or this could all be a smoke screen and Whitehurst will trot out there on Sunday with his hair blowing in the wind.

If Whitehurst plays I give up!  And you know I never do that....LoL

17 minutes ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

If there was ever a time for Frank Gore to crank out 130 rushing yards and 2 TDs, Sunday is the time.

Idk, it's been a while since a Colts back had 100 yards, but you're right, this is the game the Colts really need it to happen. 

Andrew Luck on returning to practice, but not being cleared yet for a game:

“My kidney is not fully healed, so that does not allow me to get in a position that with contact could further injure myself.”

http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Colts-Wednesday-Notebook-Andrew-Luck-Returns-To-Practice-Will-Not-Play-Sunday/6ffda4a2-fd21-44fe-b65b-3b69f7b70ab3

God this is so gut wrenching!  Hearing him say this it makes you wonder if he will even be back next week.  I would have to be pretty doubtful about next week either.

16 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

what is a hyperbolic chamber???

Look it up, but I know it's a pod like contraption that you'd enclose yourself in, and I believe it pumps pure oxygen in, which expedites the healing process. DFree used to use it.

The only way I know anything about it is because there's been some limited success using it for developmental delays.

2 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Yates is a more then adequate back-up. You might not have seen it yet but I quoted you in another thread. Yates has taken down two top defensive teams in the Bengals and Jets. He's going to force feed Hopkins the ball, regardless of who is covering him. The running game may still be an issue but I think our defense will play much better this time around. I guess we will see. A Texans win this Sunday and against the Jaguars gives them the division, so it is do or die for both teams. 

You already acknowledged that your strongpoint was not figuring out what clinches divisions and what does not. A texan win vs the Colts does not put them in a position to win the division with a win over the Jags. That combination could put them in the playoffs by some other tie breaker but not the # 2 tiebreaker which would be division standing . Last I looked at it a Colt loss ve Houston and subsequent wins over Tenn and Miami , couples with a Houston loss at EITHER Jacksonville OR TENNESSEE would result in the following..

1) 1-1 record head to head play.

2) Same division records  5-2

3) Same Conference record   Both would have 2 of their 7 losses vs NFC teams.

4) Record in common games . This also looks to be a tie.

5) Strength of victory. This would be the tie breaker. Houston would need the Jets , Cinn and N.O to finish well. The Colts fans would pull for Denver , Atlanta and Miami*.   That * means the Colts would need to beat Miami to make the above scenario worth looking at.

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Look it up, but I know it's a pod like contraption that you'd enclose yourself in, and I believe it pumps pure oxygen in, which expedites the healing process. DFree used to use it.

The only way I know anything about it is because there's been some limited success using it for developmental delays.

That's a hyperbaric chamber

4 minutes ago, buccolts said:

hyberbaric? :P

for hyperbolic chamber, I'm envisioning some sort of box you sit in while people yell gross exaggeration at you lol

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Argh, but I don't want to scroll further down the page! Is this my punishment for supporting a losing team?

I'm likely the only one that has not been in the dark or surprised by anything related to Andrew Lucks condition and rehab. I would have wished it never happened, but it did and someone slipped with lacerated kidney . Right then I knew what he was up against. All along I Am  Hoping he is full practice next week and probable for Phins game

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, right after I typed that I realized.

Hyperbolic chamber is where you're locked in a chamber and pumped in a lot of exaggerated statements.

I think most of us here know that by now.   :)

yeah, this forum is a hyperbolic chamber most of the time lmao

Call me crazy, but I'm actually happy about this. I think we can all agree this team is extremely flawed and even with Luck would have a huge mountain to climb to reach the Superbowl.

That being said, I would rather have Luck sit the rest of the year, completely heal up for next year, and take advantage of our top 15 draft position with a new regime who knows how to properly draft for defense and OL.