Pagano: Luck will not play Sunday

GoColts8818

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Phew. I thought he would be returning to torment us once again, this is big news. 

It's a big blow but I still think the Colts can win with Hass in there. We already did it once in Houston. Yates isn't really that good so we will see. Watt is injured as well. I look for a low scoring ugly game. I pretty much knew deepdown Luck wouldn't play, I posted yesterday that I would bet money on him not playing. I am hopeful if we do beat you guys Luck can come back so we can have sort of Playoff run because without him we definitely cant win in the Playoffs.

It would be fitting for Andre Johnson and Hasslebeck to get hot again sending the Texans to their doom.  I think if we can get Matt back to his play action game again for this one the offense should be more efficient and actually put up some points for crying out loud.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a big blow but I still think the Colts can win with Hass in there. We already did it once in Houston. Yates isn't really that good so we will see. Watt is injured as well. I look for a low scoring ugly game. I pretty much knew deepdown Luck wouldn't play, I posted yesterday that I would bet money on him not playing. I am hopeful if we do beat you guys Luck can come back so we can have sort of Playoff run because without him we definitely cant win in the Playoffs.

Yates is a more then adequate back-up. You might not have seen it yet but I quoted you in another thread. Yates has taken down two top defensive teams in the Bengals and Jets. He's going to force feed Hopkins the ball, regardless of who is covering him. The running game may still be an issue but I think our defense will play much better this time around. I guess we will see. A Texans win this Sunday and against the Jaguars gives them the division, so it is do or die for both teams. 

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Yates is a more then adequate back-up. You might not have seen it yet but I quoted you in another thread. Yates has taken down two top defensive teams in the Bengals and Jets. He's going to force feed Hopkins the ball, regardless of who is covering him. The running game may still be an issue but I think our defense will play much better this time around. I guess we will see. A Texans win this Sunday and against the Jaguars gives them the division, so it is do or die for both teams. 

This week is for all the marbles! I am ok with Hass in there, I would of course feel 100 times a better with Luck but the situation is what it is. You guys perhaps have your best chance of all-time to finally beat us but I still trust Hass. If Charlie plays you guys will win.

8 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm interested to see how we play this thing on offense.  I don't know where Hasslebeck is right now in terms of his health. Nor do I know if he will be able to push the ball down the field.  I did notice against the Jags he was pushing the ball down the field more than once to T.Y.  T.Y. had a pretty big game against Jax.  My gut is Crennel will probably copy New England or Pitt and try to clog the passing lanes with 8 defenders. If he doesn't it won't surprise me to see Matt go up top a couple times to T.Y.  And we all know what happens if T.Y. gets going.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm interested to see how we play this thing on offense.  I don't know where Hasslebeck is right now in terms of his health. Nor do I know if he will be able to push the ball down the field.  I did notice against the Jags he was pushing the ball down the field more than once to T.Y.  T.Y. had a pretty big game against Jax.  My gut is Crennel will probably copy New England or Pitt and try to clog the passing lanes with 8 defenders. If he doesn't it won't surprise me to see Matt go up top a couple times to T.Y.  And we all know what happens if T.Y. gets going.

He had his arm in a sling yesterday, didn't he? I'm not sure what his injury is but of course that could impact the passing game. He might not be able to get many deep balls to Hilton if his arm isn't in good shape. You're right about that though, if he gets hot then that could spell trouble for the Texans. 

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Because that texans offense is so potent? 

The Colts starting QB is not playing. The backup QB is not practicing and will most likely be a game time decision. Even if Hasselbeck plays, is the arrow pointing up or down him, with all of his injuries taking a toll on his 40-year old body? Odds are, he will continue to struggle because his body has not healed.

The Colts scored only 16 points on the Jags, and the only Colts TD was a defensive TD. The offense struggled mightily with Hasselbeck, who was less banged up then than he is this week.

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

He had his arm in a sling yesterday, didn't he? I'm not sure what his injury is but of course that could impact the passing game. He might not be able to get many deep balls to Hilton if his arm isn't in good shape. You're right about that though, if he gets hot then that could spell trouble for the Texans. 

MH has a hard time getting TY deep throws even when his arm is healthy.

30 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

but he's only been cleared for individual work and not 11-on-11 or team drills

I look forward to a Healthy - Much Improved Andrew - Next Season!

Umm, he's not out for the season. If we win this week he could very well be back for the Phins game and we can make a run. Some people give up on the season way too easy. It's not like Hass cant beat Yates here in Indy.

10 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm not sure if we're just playing coy with that or what.  Pagano said the sling was to help him deal with the spasms he's getting from the rib injury.  I didn' t think he'd be able to push the ball down the field as much as he did against Jax coming off the original Pitt rib injury but he was.  Maybe/Hopefully it'll be the same deal.

21 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

They may play him with 8 defenders back, but with Hasslebeck and the rib injury they may just play the run real heavy and leave the deep ball open.  Hopefully Hass can take advantage of a couple of those.  It won't be done a whole lot I'm sure of that, but I do believe they'll probably leave us some opportunities due to the circumstances. Most of his throws are going to be short, but I'm hoping he takes his shots like last week.

Just now, krunk said:

They may play him with 8 defenders back, but with Hasslebeck and the rib injury they may just play the run real heavy and leave the deep ball open.  Hopefully Hass can take advantage of a couple of those.  It won't be done a whole lot I'm sure of that, but I do believe they'll probably leave us some opportunities due to the circumstances.

I think TY and Moncrief both may have 2 or 3 key opportunities deep. We need to take advantage of all the key breaks, get Turnovers, not Turn it over etc.. Maybe this could finally be the week Frankie gains 100?