Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it a coincidence....????? Just in...

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

If brent's assumption is true (which is probably is because Brent is a smart guy), this could mean the Colts will tank the rest of the season it would not be hard to do, just keep Luck on the injured list and have Charlie Whitehurst start the last three games.  This way Cowher has a longer offseason to work with (assemble his staff, etc) and a higher draft pick.

It's not a bad thing IMO.  With the successful years of Manning, many people forget that in 2001 the Colts went 6-10 and that put the Colts in position to draft Freeney.

Was it me, or did Whitehurst throw like he had been drinking Boulevard Wheat before and during the game....he threw like my sister.  HA!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

If Pagano/Grigson go, I'd love to see Sean Payton as coach. Always thought he was one step ahead of other coaches, other than Belichick. Might have to give him GM responsibilities though

I'm not totally against Sean Payton but what bothers me about him is that his Saints teams constantly have some of the worst defenses in the NFL.  

And defense is a big weakness of ours.  

Saints would probably be contenders if they shored up the defense.  

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm hoping John harbaugh gets let go from the Ravens but I still am not sure he will. Sean Peyton would also be a good choice 

Interesting....:)

As info, I am unable to quote now for some reason.  I even hit reply and it shows CF12's post I already replied to.  Keep the comments comin.  Everyone has great opinions on this.  Love it. :)

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm not totally against Sean Payton but what bothers me about him is that his Saints teams constantly have some of the worst defenses in the NFL.  

Depends on the DC too he's had Rob Ryan and he couldn't hold Rex's jock when it comes to coaching D

32 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Depends on the DC too he's had Rob Ryan and he could t hold Rex's jock when it comes to coaching D

But that's the other thing, coach needs to find a good DC, especially when he's an offensive coach.  Saints havn't had a good one in a while now.  

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Yes but the question is if Payton would or even could bring them into the fold.  

Who knows I'm sure both will be available good chance Pettine in canned and Horton I'm not sure if he's still with the Titans on not but if so likely he gets replaced when they hire a new HC and he picks a new staff

22 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

My concern about Cowher is how much the game has changed in the last 10 years and whether he is the type of thinker who could adapt on the fly at the rate needed.  

Some say you cannot go back and do the job you used to do after 1 or 2 years.  Heck I had trouble coming back from vacation and could not do the job...:spit:

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm hoping John harbaugh gets let go from the Ravens but I still am not sure he will. Sean Peyton would also be a good choice 

This is the first time i saw John Harbaugh mentioned as a possible new hc, as oposed to jim... That would be nice, but i think there is no chance he gets fired.. The ravens would be crazy to let him go..

Btw, know your Peyton/Paytons ;)

1 minute ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

This is the first time i saw John Harbaugh mentioned as a possible new hc, as oposed to jim... That would be nice, but i think there is no chance he gets fired.. The ravens would be crazy to let him go..

Btw, know your Peyton/Paytons ;)

Yeah I think it's more likely he stays with the Ravens but still a chance lol 

18 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Some say you cannot go back and do the job you used to do after 1 or 2 years.  Heck I had trouble coming back from vacation and could not do the job...:spit:

Ha! I didn't drink brewski for a couple of minutes, and then found I had no problem picking it back up. 

Oh wait, you said years. 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Meh.  I just don't like that meathead.

LOL I'm in such a Star Wars mood today. I looked at your post and instantly thought of the old Battlefront games... "Republic meatbags score by one!"

2 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Andrew may not want to stay past his contract.  This would be the worst scenario possible...I think I just got a stomach ache thinking about it....

Would you? From the Owners drug rehab trickle down from there.  We can't even find a competent C. What would make you want to be apart of this dumpster fire? 

Yes we could tag him and make him stay but not an ideal situation to say the least.

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Would you? From the Owners drug rehab trickle down from there.  We can't even find a competent C. What would make you want to be apart of this dumpster fire? 

Yes we could tag him and make him stay but not an ideal situation to say the least.

Nothing reactive here...really?

So, the Colts are a dumpster now that they've run into a little adversity?  Funny how the rest of the world sees them as one of the best run franchises in all of sports.

It is very unlikely that Andrew Luck, and those close to him, are anything but grateful for the franchise that happened to be picking first when he came to the market.

8 minutes ago, akcolt said:

If he is not happy, he may be gone the next year.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Guy has been out of coaching for a while and retired of his own free will (Wasn't fired or forced out).  Seems awefully odd that he would suddenly come back now.  Although I suppose it could have been at the time he retired wanting to spend more time with wife and kids but now his wife is dead and his kids are all grown up so I suppose that might have him wanting to get back in it.  However I have my doubts, it's been a while.  

If it had anything to do with the coaching situation then I should think it was more then likely Cowher giving advice on who to bring in as coach more then Cowher and Irsay talking about him taking over.  

Getting Cowher`s opinion on all things football sounds Wise.
 If not Chuck AND his staff then Who?
And doing it Before seasons end seems Very Wise.
 Serious evaluation time is here.

59 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I'm more concerned with the talent of the roster then I am the HC.

Championship caliber teams typically have quite a few clearly deserving Pro Bowlers.

Guys that you Expect to compete at that level yearly.

Not Counting their kickers!
 Vontae has that ability.

TY is a nice player but i see his stats as overblown because Andrew just doesn`t checkdown like a Good QB should so he over targets him. (Reggie)
  I don`t see another player on our Roster that is close to being a Top NFL Playmaker.
 Go Grigson!

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

The saints remind me of the colts. Elite offenses but poor defenses year after year. A lot of us know the colts underachieve but the saints underachieve just as much. They are basically the colts of the NFC.

1 hour ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

The saints remind me of the colts. Elite offenses but poor defenses year after year. A lot of us know the colts underachieve but the saints underachieve just as much. They are basically the colts of the NFC.

I agree and the elite offenses rely heavily upon the pass and the QB.  

It's one of the reasons I'm not too eager to bring in Sean Payton.  As bad as the Colt's defense has been, the Saints have been worse.  And despite this being a problem for multiple years, Payton has failed to get it fixed.  

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

If Pagano/Grigson go, I'd love to see Sean Payton as coach. Always thought he was one step ahead of other coaches, other than Belichick. Might have to give him GM responsibilities though

They are in cap hell right now bc of Loomis. wonder what Payton would/could have done to help avoid it.

Cowher has the toughness this organization would need.  No doubt he could coach up a defense and put together a staff of hard-nosed,  old school coordinators. 

But, I also remember Cowher for his bone headed decisions during games.  I remember his teams consistently underachieving in the playoffs before they finally pulled off their improbable championship run in 2005. This guy was on the hot seat those last few seasons. 

Of course,  he never truly had a franchise QB until Big Ben got drafted