Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Colts Draft (With Player Trade)

-Indy tags and trades Robert Mathis to Carolina for their 2012 and 2013 2nd round picks.(I think a new defensive coordinator will hopefully properly use Jerry Hughes and Philip Wheeler as added pressure from the LB spot so we can replace Mathis with these options. Plus I think Jamaal Anderson is capable enough to play DE on running downs and we can put Mario Addison in on passing downs.)

-Indy trades Dallas Clark to St. Louis for their 2012 3rd round pick. (Im making this trade along with the Mathis trade assuming that Manning wont be completely healthy and therefore respectfully released to free up cap space and start rebuilding.)

-Indy signs FA OG Carl Nicks with the money they saved from releasing Peyton. This gives us a darn good OL that is very good at run blocking with the addition of this beast. And he will only be 27 when the season starts so we can sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal and still have him in his prime during those years.)

Draft...

1st- QB Andrew Luck (No brainer pick. Can start right away and be effective.)

2nd- NT Dontari Poe (A bit of a project but has enormous upside and could allow us to have 3-4 looks from time to time. Also frees up Nevis and the rest of our DL to make more plays.)

2nd(via trade)- TE Dwayne Allen (We have our very athletic TE of the future and a great weapon for Luck.)

3rd- S Bacarri Rambo (He may return for his senior season but if he comes out this would be a great pick.)

3rd(via trade)- CB/KR Jayron Hosley

4th- DE Julian Miller

5th- WR AJ Jenkins

and then Irsay wakes up in a cold sweat, "what was my brain dreaming up, sheesh that was insane". and oddly enough the same thing happens to Ron Rivera...he tells the owner "Had the worst nightmare, gave up not one but TWO second round picks for a 31 year old defensive end" Panthers owner "haha I'd have to fire you if that crazy event went down".

-Indy tags and trades Robert Mathis to Carolina for their 2012 and 2013 2nd round picks.(I think a new defensive coordinator will hopefully properly use Jerry Hughes and Philip Wheeler as added pressure from the LB spot so we can replace Mathis with these options. Plus I think Jamaal Anderson is capable enough to play DE on running downs and we can put Mario Addison in on passing downs.)

-Indy trades Dallas Clark to St. Louis for their 2012 3rd round pick. (Im making this trade along with the Mathis trade assuming that Manning wont be completely healthy and therefore respectfully released to free up cap space and start rebuilding.)

two 2nd round picks for a free agent, and a 3rd for a over payed te that hasn't done anything in two years.

you have to be at least a little fair to the other team.

not to mention, the amount of money that Mathis would make under the franchise tag would be ridiculous...it would make his salary the same as the average of the top paid DEs in the NFL

exactly right!

too many posters must think player moves are like playing madden or are completely one sided for their team.

lol ... ur asking alittle to much for mathis even if we did tag him hes not worth a two 2nds if he was worth 2 seconds we would keep him are self...as for clark u might be able to get a late second for him being that there isnt any te in this years draft maybe the giants .....you were better off stayin that we sign and traded manning that would be more realistic...then ur draft was ok but it still make nosense why draft a te when u have a capable te in tamme hes just as good as clark..good effort but not really realistic..