Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18Manning

Pittsburgh Ramping Up

Recommended Posts

Pittsburgh is looking really good lately. I think they can play well wherever they go. If I was a betting man, I'd put them in the AFCCG with an excellent chance of winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitt can win the division. They have a tough game vs Denver next week but if they can win that then I think they can win out. Not sure how many games Cincy will win without Dalton. If Pitt does take the division by winning out they also probably take the 2 seed from Denver as they will have beaten them h-to-h. Denver looks real vulnerable right now as their offense can't score so Pitt is set up to be the 2 or 3 seed IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pitt can win the division. They have a tough game vs Denver next week but if they can win that then I think they can win out. Not sure how many games Cincy will win without Dalton. If Pitt does take the division by winning out they also probably take the 2 seed from Denver as they will have beaten them h-to-h. Denver looks real vulnerable right now as their offense can't score so Pitt is set up to be the 2 or 3 seed IMO.

I agree, Denver's O isn't so hot right now. I don't think Denver can win in Pittsburgh with Osweiler, even with a good D. Pittsburgh can score a bunch of points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pitt is the #6 seed, I'd expect the Patriots to take care of them in the divisional round. Their weakness vs TEs is exposed best by NE, IMO.

 

If the Bengals go 2-1 in the next 3 games vs the 49ers, Broncos and Ravens, they win the division. The #4 seeding is that of the AFC South, so only the #2 and #3 seedings are up for grabs. I do not anticipate the Patriots to lose another game, so pencil them in at #1.

 

If the Broncos go 1-2 and the Chiefs go 3-0 the next 3 games while the Bengals go 2-1 and the Steelers go 3-0, the Chiefs win the divison and the Broncos end up at #6 with the Steelers at #5.

 

If the Broncos go 2-1 and the Chiefs go 3-0 the next games, the Broncos win the division and that puts the Chiefs at #5 and Steelers at #6. I like this scenario for the Colts who match up better vs the Chiefs in the playoffs.

 

Broncos, Chiefs, Bengals and Steelers will decide seeds #2, #3, #5 and #6 in the AFC with the #1 belonging to the Patriots and #4 to the AFC South winner.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If Pitt is the #6 seed, I'd expect the Patriots to take care of them in the divisional round. Their weakness vs TEs is exposed best by NE, IMO.

 

If the Bengals go 2-1 in the next 3 games vs the 49ers, Broncos and Ravens, they win the division. The #4 seeding is that of the AFC South, so only the #2 and #3 seedings are up for grabs. I do not anticipate the Patriots to lose another game, so pencil them in at #1.

 

If the Broncos go 1-2 and the Chiefs go 3-0 the next 3 games while the Bengals go 2-1 and the Steelers go 3-0, the Chiefs win the divison and the Broncos end up at #6 with the Steelers at #5.

 

If the Broncos go 2-1 and the Chiefs go 3-0 the next games, the Broncos win the division and that puts the Chiefs at #5 and Steelers at #6. I like this scenario for the Colts who match up better vs the Chiefs in the playoffs.

 

Broncos, Chiefs, Bengals and Steelers will decide seeds #2, #3, #5 and #6 in the AFC with the #1 belonging to the Patriots and #4 to the AFC South winner.

 

 

 

I disagree on the Pit/NE matchup.  Pit was at the disadvantage of a new DC breaking himself in.  They won't have that this next time.  Plus the biggest factor that will change the game will be Bryant and Wheaton's sudden rise in play.  I think Pit is the team to knock off NE.

 

And I'll say this.  No one forget about Indy.  Right now Indy might get the exact same (and easiest) track to the AFC championship game as last year.  The only problem is that most likely 2 teams that have Indy's number will be there... Pit and NE. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Pittsburgh & Seattle are the two best and hottest teams in the league right now. In my opinion  

How about the panthers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They got to beat down a dinosaour Hasselbeck, then a crappy QB out of Alabama, and now they get to beat down a washed up needs-to-retire Peyton Manning. 

 

 

Must be nice playing such garbage QB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bogie said:

 

They got to beat down a dinosaour Hasselbeck, then a crappy QB out of Alabama, and now they get to beat down a washed up needs-to-retire Peyton Manning. 

 

 

Must be nice playing such garbage QB's. 

Not sure if Peyton is returning this weekend. But, I don't think he will be the savior people are expecting vs. good teams.

Brock did beat NE and has shown enough to me despite losing to Oakland.

Pittsburgh always gets these lucky runs though.......I can never count them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Not sure if Peyton is returning this weekend. But, I don't think he will be the savior people are expecting vs. good teams.

Brock did beat NE and has shown enough to me despite losing to Oakland.

Pittsburgh always gets these lucky runs though.......I can never count them out.

 

The thought of anyone seeing him as a savoir this year lmao

 

 

Denver's offense has went down the drain this year with Kubiak's offensive style, and Manning's declined old man state. 

 

 

I think Denver would be CRAZY, absolutely CRAZY to go back to Manning, and sit Brock. Sure, he had a bad game vs Oakland but he did beat New England, and he has played so much better than Manning has.

 

If Manning started the Patriots game, they would have got blown out bad, since he was on pace to throw 30 interceptions before he was benched 

 

I know everyone still loves him and it's hard to tell them the truth, but the truth is, he's not going to save that team. They are better off with Brock, much better QB going by the results so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bogie said:

 

The thought of anyone seeing him as a savoir this year lmao

 

 

Denver's offense has went down the drain this year with Kubiak's offensive style, and Manning's declined old man state. 

 

 

I think Denver would be CRAZY, absolutely CRAZY to go back to Manning, and sit Brock. Sure, he had a bad game vs Oakland but he did beat New England, and he has played so much better than Manning has.

 

If Manning started the Patriots game, they would have got blown out bad, since he was on pace to throw 30 interceptions before he was benched 

 

I know everyone still loves him and it's hard to tell them the truth, but the truth is, he's not going to save that team. They are better off with Brock, much better QB going by the results so far. 

 

I like Brock and would like to see him keep going. Not to mention next year I would like to see Luck vs. Brock or even in the playoffs if I can dream that much.

 

I want to see the younger QBs with potential be out there to start and flourish. These guys are our future.

 

Some of the older QBs this year still show they have it though.  Brady, Palmer and even Brees has had some good games this year despite his bad team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie said:

 

The thought of anyone seeing him as a savoir this year lmao

 

 

Denver's offense has went down the drain this year with Kubiak's offensive style, and Manning's declined old man state. 

 

 

I think Denver would be CRAZY, absolutely CRAZY to go back to Manning, and sit Brock. Sure, he had a bad game vs Oakland but he did beat New England, and he has played so much better than Manning has.

 

If Manning started the Patriots game, they would have got blown out bad, since he was on pace to throw 30 interceptions before he was benched 

 

I know everyone still loves him and it's hard to tell them the truth, but the truth is, he's not going to save that team. They are better off with Brock, much better QB going by the results so far. 

Again..the only one with the 'truth'. Actually I understand the out-of-town point of view...but Peyton will play this week or next because he's the best QB they have .

The truth is: Folks have been trying to retire Peyton for 4 years and the words dont take

Brock has struggled for 2 games now..its time...for the Sherriff to ride again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..and the Steelers really have defensive issues....almost 280 a game allowed passing.

..facing a few backup QBs...

 

Des anybody think Pitt beats NE? Steelers are need a lot of help for the '2' seed so that could easily be an early matchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bogie said:

 

They got to beat down a dinosaour Hasselbeck, then a crappy QB out of Alabama, and now they get to beat down a washed up needs-to-retire Peyton Manning. 

 

 

Must be nice playing such garbage QB's. 

 

I wouldn't categorize Hasselbeck and Manning as "garbage QBs". Beyond their peak, yes, but not garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bogie said:

 

The thought of anyone seeing him as a savoir this year lmao

 

 

Denver's offense has went down the drain this year with Kubiak's offensive style, and Manning's declined old man state. 

 

 

I think Denver would be CRAZY, absolutely CRAZY to go back to Manning, and sit Brock. Sure, he had a bad game vs Oakland but he did beat New England, and he has played so much better than Manning has.

 

If Manning started the Patriots game, they would have got blown out bad, since he was on pace to throw 30 interceptions before he was benched 

 

I know everyone still loves him and it's hard to tell them the truth, but the truth is, he's not going to save that team. They are better off with Brock, much better QB going by the results so far. 

 

IMO, assuming Manning is healthy, he would be a much better option than Osweiler. Osweiler's lack of experience is catching up to him/Denver. Denver has won a few games with him under center, but I wouldn't give him the majority of the credit for those wins. Just because Denver beat NE doesn't make Osweiler the better option. It's not like NE played lights-out and Osweiler played even better. I think Denver would be better off with an experienced, healthy back-up QB (like Hasselbeck) than an inexperienced QB like Osweiler. Denver's D is very good. An average O is all they need right now. They haven't even been average with Osweiler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bogie said:

 

The thought of anyone seeing him as a savoir this year lmao

 

 

Denver's offense has went down the drain this year with Kubiak's offensive style, and Manning's declined old man state. 

 

 

I think Denver would be CRAZY, absolutely CRAZY to go back to Manning, and sit Brock. Sure, he had a bad game vs Oakland but he did beat New England, and he has played so much better than Manning has.

 

If Manning started the Patriots game, they would have got blown out bad, since he was on pace to throw 30 interceptions before he was benched 

 

I know everyone still loves him and it's hard to tell them the truth, but the truth is, he's not going to save that team. They are better off with Brock, much better QB going by the results so far. 

There is an even bigger issue for Denver if they sit Brock now as it will be difficult to go back to him if Manning struggles or gets injured. If I was a Denver fan, I would want to roll with Brock because he is the future there (assuming Denver signs him in the off-season) and he can run the Kubiak offense better than Manning. He has played better than Manning and the run game has also been better because Brock can run things from under center. As you say, the reality is neither QB is going to lead this team by himself anywhere. Denver is predicated on their defense so at this point, Kubiak has a huge decision. Do you play a wounded Manning whose foot will not be at 100 percent this season and go back to 2 INTs per game or do you roll with Brock who is still green but can run the offense better? It is by far the most fascinating story of 2015 as we head into the post-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amfootball said:

There is an even bigger issue for Denver if they sit Brock now as it will be difficult to go back to him if Manning struggles or gets injured. If I was a Denver fan, I would want to roll with Brock because he is the future there (assuming Denver signs him in the off-season) and he can run the Kubiak offense better than Manning. He has played better than Manning and the run game has also been better because Brock can run things from under center. As you say, the reality is neither QB is going to lead this team by himself anywhere. Denver is predicated on their defense so at this point, Kubiak has a huge decision. Do you play a wounded Manning whose foot will not be at 100 percent this season and go back to 2 INTs per game or do you roll with Brock who is still green but can run the offense better? It is by far the most fascinating story of 2015 as we head into the post-season.

I am rolling with a healthy Peyton. He has had plenty of rest and probably is very motivated to prove people wrong that say he is washed up. He has a great Defense to help as well. Should be interesting to see how things play out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am rolling with a healthy Peyton. He has had plenty of rest and probably is very motivated to prove people wrong that say he is washed up. He has a great Defense to help as well. Should be interesting to see how things play out.

But he is not healthy and may not he healthy the rest of the season. It is a big gamble IMO but I do think you start him vs SD maybe and see where he is at physically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am rolling with a healthy Peyton. He has had plenty of rest and probably is very motivated to prove people wrong that say he is washed up. He has a great Defense to help as well. Should be interesting to see how things play out.

 

 He couldn`t throw it 20yds downfield worth a ____ in the 2013 Playoffs.
 It was 10 yds last season against us in the playoffs (says he was injured).
  Keep dreaming!
 If he wants to play you play him. He is Peyton ___ Manning for goodness sakes.
 He has earned that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, amfootball said:

But he is not healthy and may not he healthy the rest of the season. It is a big gamble IMO but I do think you start him vs SD maybe and see where he is at physically.

 

If he's not healthy, don't start him. If he is healthy, it's ridiculous to not start him. He only needs to be effective a few games, not the entire season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

..and the Steelers really have defensive issues....almost 280 a game allowed passing.

..facing a few backup QBs...

 

Des anybody think Pitt beats NE? Steelers are need a lot of help for the '2' seed so that could easily be an early matchup

 

The Steelers have DB issues.  But they have a great pass rush and can stop the run.  I completely think that they can beat NE.  Steelers now that they actually have every piece (except Bell), can score a ton on anyone.  And I don't think NE can keep up.  Even with Edelman/Gronk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The Colts have had their fair share of injuries the past few seasons.   Many of these players were either expected to have good/great years, or contribute much more than they did, because of their season being cut short. If there was a single player on the roster right now, whom has had injuries in the past 3 seasons, that you could put imaginary 'bubble wrap' around to guarantee they don't get injured this season, who would it be?   Mine = Kemoko Turay. There are many players i'd want to have a healthy season, Hilton/Campbell/Hooker/ect. But to me, I truly believe if Turay had not had that season ending injury last year, he could have seriously broken out. I am praying for a healthy season for him, because having him on all the passing downs for the season with the rest of the talent we have on the front 7, I think he could have a massive season. He was leading the NFL last season in QB pressures per snap, before he was hurt. Not to mention that he was held so many times, and it was not called.  I mean blatant holding.  Because he is a real issue for O-linemen.  Just so fast, with great bend, and his hand/arm work is stellar since he's been working with Mathis. A full healthy season, I could easily see him getting 10+ sacks.
    • they cant just go from waiver claim to practice squad on another team, he would have to be on their roster a while before they can do that.
    • It will be interesting to see how Watson does without Hopkins. If they won the division again that would show me a lot. Losing Hopkins is a huge blow.
    • That's fair. Watson is mostly due to age, but I think he's finally good enough to lead them to the playoffs. However, they will decline soon with some contracts running out. I see Luck as 32 in football years because I believe he'd be rusty for a year. Just a guess though. I would take Watson too because I feel he's non injury-prone, and that's good for a long-term answer at QB. I would take Luck back in a heartbeat though as long as we didn't have to pay him anything if he retired again.
    • I got my refund notice email today. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...