Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck dosent play next week, our season is over.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want him to play if there is a chance he can get hurt.  This team can't beat anyone that will be in playoffs so time to look at the draft and a new GM and coach. I have been a Colts fan since 1969 and this is the worst year I can remember.  Heck the 1-15 season didn't feel this bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

I don't want him to play if there is a chance he can get hurt.  This team can't beat anyone that will be in playoffs so time to look at the draft and a new GM and coach. I have been a Colts fan since 1969 and this is the worst year I can remember.  Heck the 1-15 season didn't feel this bad.

Not so sure about that. Luck torched the Broncos, a team that will be in the playoffs. I know this has been said before, but this team reminds me of the 2001 Colts. That team had a lot of hype entering that season, and seemed to be on track to advance deep into the playoffs. That team forced management to get rid of Jim Mora, whom was a decent coach. Only difference is that on this year's team, we have a questionable GM, whom I don't trust going forward. Hopefully Irsay sees things the same way I see it

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It's not just the view a fan should take.  I want my front office always doing anything they can to win.  If they aren't they aren't the people I want running my team and more importantly I have a feeling those aren't the people Irsay wants running his team.

There isn't much to be gained from missing the playoffs.  Even if the Colts flame out in the playoffs you are talking about a draft position difference of a handful of spots.  That's not that much and a marginal difference.  Other than that you gain two "easier" games than the division champ would have next year.  That's not that much. 

The rewards of being in the playoffs is at least a chance to maybe do something in the playoffs and have the chance, as unlikely as it would be, to win a Super Bowl.  I'd much rather have that than sitting at home with no shot. 

 

 

Sometimes the front office needs to take a view from 30,000 feet and see what they really have. Colts are in really bad shape with oldest team in the league.  The coach and GM may be gone at season's end. They need to prepare for the future.  If that means sitting your injured franchise QB whom Irsay is about to open the checkbook for then so be it.  Luck has an injured shoulder, abdominal tear, lacerated kidney, and possible cracked ribs. Irsay has to realize that even if we win this division, this team will not go very far.  People act as though Luck has played MVP caliber football before he was injured and that he will come back and save this team. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's amazing how 1 player can have an impact on a team but Andrew does. Andrew even affects the Defense as in they have less stress to stop teams and more rest with him in on Offense.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a team should implode just because they lost one player; no matter who it is. I think the debacle we witnessed when Peyton was out and now this recent scenario with Luck is just evidence of bad coaching and bad front office.

Securing  HOF and potential HOF quarterbacks should have provided us an opportunity to concentrate on building a well-rounded team that can soldier on when a highly talented player has to sit out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fully agree.  Like I said in another thread the only person who can save the Colts right now is Andrew Luck and I think he might not be healthy in enough time to do it. 

I honestly hope the colts don't feel like they have to rush Andrew back a week early because of the last two games. He needs to be 100%. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our season is already over.  Anyone who thinks the Colts will do anything but lose in the playoffs are out of their mind.  Sorry, truth hurts I know, but honestly, if anyone here can look me in the eye and say the Colts are going to be contenders, I fear for your sanity and judgement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

Sometimes the front office needs to take a view from 30,000 feet and see what they really have. Colts are in really bad shape with oldest team in the league.  The coach and GM may be gone at season's end. They need to prepare for the future.  If that means sitting your injured franchise QB whom Irsay is about to open the checkbook for then so be it.  Luck has an injured shoulder, abdominal tear, lacerated kidney, and possible cracked ribs. Irsay has to realize that even if we win this division, this team will not go very far.  People act as though Luck has played MVP caliber football before he was injured and that he will come back and save this team. 

 

Jim Irsay would be the first to tell you he wants and expects this team in the playoffs even today because he knows if your in the playoffs ANYTHING can happen.  There is also the point that if the Colts don't make the playoffs the guys responsible for this team, Grigson and Pagano probably aren't going to be back next season.  So no they aren't going to just give up on the playoffs for a slightly higher draft pick next year and two maybe easier games than they would get if they win the division. 

Luck's shoulder by all reports is healthy.  So let's chill on the he has an injuries shoulder.  That's healed.  The abdominal tear and kidney are different.  I have never once said they should just rush him out there if he isn't healthy.  If anything I've taken the stance that if he's not 100% healthy of course he shouldn't play. 

Playing Luck healthy or not is a separate issue on if the Colts should tank the rest of the season.  Regardless of if Luck is the QB, Hasselbeck, or even clipboard Jesus this team is going to do everything they can to make the playoffs.  They are not just going to give up on the season for a higher draft pick and maybe two easier games next season. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

That's it, if he doesn't play it's over. I'm calling it now.

On the bright side, if we lose, we will have a decent draft pick.

I'm not sure what front office and coaching changes are coming if we lose next week, but i, sure they will, and the decision to let Arians walk looms large.

Luck coming back after weeks of limited activity and out of game shape with a horrendous offensive line, completely incompetent and ineffective defense? Oh, and against a surging Clowney, Watt and company? I choose the decent draft pick...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm afraid for Lucks health. Torn abdominal muscle and lacerated kidney sounds like one good hit will wipe him back out again. Is it worth the risk? I understand the docs have to clear him but I hope they take a good long look at everything for sure.

I agree. It makes no sense to rush him in so we can, maybe, make the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Sometimes the front office needs to take a view from 30,000 feet and see what they really have. Colts are in really bad shape with oldest team in the league.  The coach and GM may be gone at season's end. They need to prepare for the future.  If that means sitting your injured franchise QB whom Irsay is about to open the checkbook for then so be it.  Luck has an injured shoulder, abdominal tear, lacerated kidney, and possible cracked ribs. Irsay has to realize that even if we win this division, this team will not go very far.  People act as though Luck has played MVP caliber football before he was injured and that he will come back and save this team. 

 

Agreed. I think people need to consider what Luck is coming back to- this isn't 2006. We aren't about to embark on a miracle playoff run. The offensive line is in desperate shape. The defense has roughly two or three pieces worth retaining and could very likely use a complete overhaul. The coaching is poor. What talent they have they cannot use effectively. This team quit today...They quit. No one is going to dispute this. The fact is, the Colts have the most blowout losses of any franchise over the Grigson era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThaCaliColt said:

Luck coming back after weeks of limited activity and out of game shape with a horrendous offensive line, completely incompetent and ineffective defense? Oh, and against a surging Clowney, Watt and company? I choose the decent draft pick...

 

If he's cleared to play he should play.  There is a pretty good chance the Colts aren't going to have Matt next week so frankly they can use him if he can play because an out of shape Luck is a better option than Clipboard Jesus.

With that said they shouldn't rush him but if he's legit healthy enough to play he should.  The team isn't going to worry about a "decent" draft pick they are going to want a shot at a Super Bowl this year even if it's a long shot one. 

Look at how the Colts responded when people accused them on tanking during 2011.  They got down right personally insulted and as Mathis put it people were going to lose jobs so they didn't give a "darn" about the top draft pick.  Owners, coaches, and players want to win NOW and will worry about tomorrow tomorrow because they know tomorrow isn't guaranteed to them. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ThaCaliColt said:

Agreed. I think people need to consider what Luck is coming back to- this isn't 2006. We aren't about to embark on a miracle playoff run. The offensive line is in desperate shape. The defense has roughly two or three pieces worth retaining and could very likely use a complete overhaul. The coaching is poor. What talent they have they cannot use effectively. This team quit today...They quit. No one is going to dispute this. The fact is, the Colts have the most blowout losses of any franchise over the Grigson era. 

Disagree with a lot of this.

While I fully agree a 2006 type run is very unlikely so was a Giants run in 2007.  ANYTHING can happen once the playoffs start and often does.  Especially if you look at an AFC where two of the top three seeds might very well be without their starting QBs.  You are also looking at a KC team in all likely hood who is a good match up for the Colts at home to open the playoffs.  It's not impossible to see a road that COULD lead to the AFC Title game.  Is it likely?  Again I am the first to tell you no but at the sametime I'd at least like to have the shot rather than not having one. 

The defense has more than just two or three guys worth retaining, Adams, Davis, Langford, Jackson, Parry, Gathers, and Walden have all been good players in this D.  It's more realistic that the defense is two or three guys away from being what you want them to be.  They need a number two corner which they might have depending on how Smith develops, a pass rusher, and maybe another MLBer who is better at covering tightends. 

I agree the team quit and that is bothersome which is why I am fine with a coaching change baring a miracle playoff run. 

The o-line is a trainwreck that's been well documented.  However, once Castonzo get's healthy it's pretty much the same o-line that got to the AFC Title game last year and looks at least decent.  No they aren't much to write home about but if Luck comes back and plays well they are good enough to win games. 

Here is what the Colts gain if they miss the playoffs, a slightly higher draft pick if they flame out in round one of the playoffs and two teams that on paper should be easier than the division champ next year.  Of that it's going to be an AFC East team and probably either the Bills or Jets and we saw what they did to the Colts this year and an AFC North team which probably means the Steelers or Ravens.  I am going to guess no one wants to see the Steelers again next year and that the Ravens will be much improved over this season.  Frankly the Pats and Bengals are probably better match ups than some of the other options.  That's all they really "gain" from missing the playoffs.  That's not much.  I'd rather have the long shot at the Super Bowl title even if it's a long shot.  If nothing else I like watching the Colts play football and if I can get an extra game or two to do that I am all for it. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

yes, but we haven't heard anything else yet.

 

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Didn't Irsay say week 15?

After the Texans/Pats game tonight, he went and bought a calculator that subtracts one automatically.  So week 14 is now the new week 15.  But what he forgot is that there are 17 weeks in an NFL season.  So he was right to start with and needs to throw that bad calculator away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the craziness of the NFL.  The Colts could lose to anyone.  It happened today.  However, if next week Luck, AC, and some other guys are back, the Colts could also beat any team in the NFL.  They were neck in neck with Panthers when they were still under the Pep Plan.  Beat Denver, close with NE.  So, honestly, I won't hand them a game, but I won't count them out of any game.  Well, unless the game is against the Steelers :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I just wonder where we would be if they actually took my advice:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/35020-fire-manusky/?page=1

You don't have to wonder. I can tell you: We would be the same under-talented team now with a backup QB and with the same record or worse with Arians down field passing attack. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Cardinal team is not superior talent wise compared to the Colts, They unquestionably are

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SilentHill said:

That's it, if he doesn't play it's over. I'm calling it now.

On the bright side, if we lose, we will have a decent draft pick.

I'm not sure what front office and coaching changes are coming if we lose next week, but i, sure they will, and the decision to let Arians walk looms large.

 

Per reports he is more likely to return on week 16.

Anyway I wouldn't rush him back. The season is more or less over for us. Our D is under-performing recently, our O-line doesn't look good neither, run-blocking is well...bad. Texans game is huge in terms of winning AFCS, but that is all, I don't see this team being PO-caliber.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

 

Per reports he is more likely to return on week 16.

Anyway I wouldn't rush him back. The season is more or less over for us. Our D is under-performing recently, our O-line doesn't look good neither, run-blocking is well...bad. Texans game is huge in terms of winning AFCS, but that is all, I don't see this team being PO-caliber.

I agree they won't and shouldn't rush him back, this is a serious injury he has.  

However, a win next week really put the Colts in the drivers seat for a playoff birth.  Will they do anything with it if they get it?  No one knows but stranger things have happened in he playoffs.  So I wouldn't just give up on the season until they are officially out of it because you never know what can happen.

i fully agree that nothing is likely to happen but being in the dance gives you a shot and that's way better than no shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am still going to try to hold onto some hope he plays vs. Houston. Besides, I don't expect us to be completely honest this week with it all either to not make the Texans know what is going on for sure.

 

No reason not to hold out hope by reports its a 50/50 shot he plays this week.  So he could very well play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree they won't and shouldn't rush him back, this is a serious injury he has.  

However, a win next week really put the Colts in the drivers seat for a playoff birth.  Will they do anything with it if they get it?  No one knows but stranger things have happened in he playoffs.  So I wouldn't just give up on the season until they are officially out of it because you never know what can happen.

i fully agree that nothing is likely to happen but being in the dance gives you a shot and that's way better than no shot.

 

The new era Colts took one step forth each year so far, and I expected them to do so this season. I remember, after the first 2 games I had the feeling we took 5 steps backward.

 

Besides you are right: anything can happen in the PO if we are there. I'm just loosing my optimism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

 

The new era Colts took one step forth each year so far, and I expected them to do so this season. I remember, after the first 2 games I had the feeling we took 5 steps backward.

 

Besides you are right: anything can happen in the PO if we are there. I'm just loosing my optimism.

Understandable.  The Colts have done very little this season to inspire optimism.  I just hate the idea that some have (not you so much) that they should just give up on the season before they have to.  I don't care how small of a chance it is I'd rather have the chance than none because tomorrow isn't guaranted.  I remember 2010 with about a month to go the Colts were coming off a four game losing streak I believe and people were saying the Colts should just let the Jags win the division and get a better pick for Manning and company to have a better shot the next year.  

Well turns out those were the last games Manning would play for the Colts and the draft pick turned out to be Castonzo which has worked out well.  Nothing happened in the playoffs but at least the Colts had one last trip with Manning which they wouldn't have had they played for a "tomorrow" that never came.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Understandable.  The Colts have done very little this season to inspire optimism.  I just hate the idea that some have (not you so much) that they should just give up on the season before they have to.  I don't care how small of a chance it is I'd rather have the chance than none because tomorrow isn't guaranted.  I remember 2010 with about a month to go the Colts were coming off a four game losing streak I believe and people were saying the Colts should just let the Jags win the division and get a better pick for Manning and company to have a better shot the next year.  

Well turns out those were the last games Manning would play for the Colts and the draft pick turned out to be Castonzo which has worked out well.  Nothing happened in the playoffs but at least the Colts had one last trip with Manning which they wouldn't have had they played for a "tomorrow" that never came.

This is the thinking of a casual fan,and I know you are above this. This is also a bad way of thinking. You are being a possibility type person rather than a probability type person. This is the type of person who goes to the casino and blows his or her money on the slot machines because there's a chance of hitting a big jackpot rather than play a game of skill in blackjack or poker and earn it by patience. 

Our possibility of making the playoffs could be decent should Luck come back. We would have to beat the Texans, but we'd have a great chance of making it if we do. However, what team can we beat in the playoffs? I'm the biggest conspiracy theory thinker here thinking the NFL wants us to make the SB so we take that next step forward. It's not happening. Even worse, if you're the type of thinking that believes the NFL is based on skill and talent, we are in even worse shape. What team in the AFC that is making the playoffs are we more talented then? Probably none. We could get lucky, yes. The right thing to want as a fan is to build for the future at this point and to get a top 10 draft pick if we lose out. 

We get an elite RT or an ILB/OLB and get a leader on this team to plug a huge hole. Luck isn't healthy either, it would be foolish to put him back out there, especially against the Texans and especially if Constanzo isn't playing. The team won't tank, but we should hope for the future that we lose. We got Luck by losing 2011, and if we didn't, we'd be in bad shape. We overacheived and haven't had time to rebuild with high draft picks like other teams. Reality has caught up, lets get a great pick or two, get healthy, and win the SB next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Understandable.  The Colts have done very little this season to inspire optimism.  I just hate the idea that some have (not you so much) that they should just give up on the season before they have to.  I don't care how small of a chance it is I'd rather have the chance than none because tomorrow isn't guaranted.  I remember 2010 with about a month to go the Colts were coming off a four game losing streak I believe and people were saying the Colts should just let the Jags win the division and get a better pick for Manning and company to have a better shot the next year.  

Well turns out those were the last games Manning would play for the Colts and the draft pick turned out to be Castonzo which has worked out well.  Nothing happened in the playoffs but at least the Colts had one last trip with Manning which they wouldn't have had they played for a "tomorrow" that never came.

 

I hate the idea of any kind of 'tanking', we shall go as fa as we can. Let's see how far can we go. Pagano always emphasizes that NFL was a marathon and not a sprint, so you have to save the best for last. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is the thinking of a casual fan,and I know you are above this. This is also a bad way of thinking. You are being a possibility type person rather than a probability type person. This is the type of person who goes to the casino and blows his or her money on the slot machines because there's a chance of hitting a big jackpot rather than play a game of skill in blackjack or poker and earn it by patience. 

Our possibility of making the playoffs could be decent should Luck come back. We would have to beat the Texans, but we'd have a great chance of making it if we do. However, what team can we beat in the playoffs? I'm the biggest conspiracy theory thinker here thinking the NFL wants us to make the SB so we take that next step forward. It's not happening. Even worse, if you're the type of thinking that believes the NFL is based on skill and talent, we are in even worse shape. What team in the AFC that is making the playoffs are we more talented then? Probably none. We could get lucky, yes. The right thing to want as a fan is to build for the future at this point and to get a top 10 draft pick if we lose out. 

We get an elite RT or an ILB/OLB and get a leader on this team to plug a huge hole. Luck isn't healthy either, it would be foolish to put him back out there, especially against the Texans and especially if Constanzo isn't playing. The team won't tank, but we should hope for the future that we lose. We got Luck by losing 2011, and if we didn't, we'd be in bad shape. We overacheived and haven't had time to rebuild with high draft picks like other teams. Reality has caught up, lets get a great pick or two, get healthy, and win the SB next year.

Here's the difference I don't gamble because I don't think the odds are remotely close to my favor.  However, the Colts making the playoffs is far from a long shot.  If they beat the Texans at home next week they are pretty much in the drivers seat for a home playoff game.  It seems kinda stupid to throw that away for a draft pick that might be maybe 5 spots higher than what you will get if make the playoffs and two games that on paper should be easier than the division champs schedule.

By the way, those two games they would get if they miss the playoffs with be with either the Jets or Bills and either the Steelers or Ravens.  I think I'd rather see the Colts play the Pats and Bengals next year than say the Jets and Steelers who are the two most likely match ups.  So form that stand point missing the playoffs might do more harm than good.  

This isn't like the Colts have to win the last three games and have the Texans lose three straight and then have three other things happen to get in long shot.  This is win one more game and you have basicly a two game lead with two to play.  If you get in and get blown out in the first game okay you lose a handful of draft spots.  Not that big of a loss.  It's not like the Colts would have a top ten pick if they miss the playoffs.  

If they get in they probably get a KC team at home who is a good match up for the Colts.  Outside of that in the AFC two of the top three seeds might be without their starting QBs and the Bengals and Broncos have been good match ups for the Colts.  On top of that there is a pretty good chance a six seeded Steelers team could upset the three seed Broncos or Bengals without their starting QB meaning the Colts would avoid the Pats or Steelers until the AFCCG.  If the Colts got that far regardless of the outcome I think people would be glad the Colts took the shot.

Again, is that a likely scenario?  No, is it completely impossible?  No.  Far stranger things have happened in football.  

There isn't much risk here is making the playoffs and clearly the rewards could be huge.  Like I said earlier tonight.  You play to win a Super Bowl, not get the highest draft pick you can for the following season.  You don't win Super Bowls by giving up on seasons when the playoffs are within reach.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't give a dam about picking higher in the draft. If you'd rather sit at home and watch other teams compete for a title, something's wrong. People on here acting like Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Osemelee grow on trees. Chances of drafting a elite offensive linemen is lower than a team who's in the playoffs winning the SB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Here's the difference I don't gamble because I don't think the odds are remotely close to my favor.  However, the Colts making the playoffs is far from a long shot.  If they beat the Texans at home next week they are pretty much in the drivers seat for a home playoff game.  It seems kinda stupid to throw that away for a draft pick that might be maybe 5 spots higher than what you will get if make the playoffs and two games that on paper should be easier than the division champs schedule.

By the way, those two games they would get if they miss the playoffs with be with either the Jets or Bills and either the Steelers or Ravens.  I think I'd rather see the Colts play the Pats and Bengals next year than say the Jets and Steelers who are the two most likely match ups.  So form that stand point missing the playoffs might do more harm than good.  

This isn't like the Colts have to win the last three games and have the Texans lose three straight and then have three other things happen to get in long shot.  This is win one more game and you have basicly a two game lead with two to play.  If you get in and get blown out in the first game okay you lose a handful of draft spots.  Not that big of a loss.  It's not like the Colts would have a top ten pick if they miss the playoffs.  

If they get in they probably get a KC team at home who is a good match up for the Colts.  Outside of that in the AFC two of the top three seeds might be without their starting QBs and the Bengals and Broncos have been good match ups for the Colts.  On top of that there is a pretty good chance a six seeded Steelers team could upset the three seed Broncos or Bengals without their starting QB meaning the Colts would avoid the Pats or Steelers until the AFCCG.  If the Colts got that far regardless of the outcome I think people would be glad the Colts took the shot.

Again, is that a likely scenario?  No, is it completely impossible?  No.  Far stranger things have happened in football.  

There isn't much risk here is making the playoffs and clearly the rewards could be huge.  Like I said earlier tonight.  You play to win a Super Bowl, not get the highest draft pick you can for the following season.  You don't win Super Bowls by giving up on seasons when the playoffs are within reach.  

I agree we can make the playoffs, that's not the problem. I don't want a one or done. It would probably be an 8-10 spot difference in the draft actually. We would feel good we make the playoffs for a little while, then when draft season rolls around and we have an early pick in the 20s and a lot of top players are out of our range, we would wonder, why did we make the playoffs? Now we can't get this player in the draft and it hurts our future. 

I don't want to be the Manning Colts where we are good and make the playoffs every year and lose. I don't want to be good, I want to be great, if that means sacrificing a year of the playoffs where we probably lose in order to get a guy like Jaylon Smith who is like Luke Keuchly, Taylor Decker to fix the RT position and protect Luck and keep him healthy for 10+ years, or get Myles Jack and finally get that elite pass rusher, it's worth it.

I hate to use the Raiders as an example, but they get a competant GM and a few high picks, and they are on the path to success. When you get someone like Khalil Mack to build around on defense and Amari Cooper on offense with a QB like Derek Carr, that makes you a .500 team right there. We need a top player or two on the Offensive Line or Defense. We have no protection and no pass rush. It's getting to the point where it's dangerous for Luck, and a liability to the defense where we can't get any pressure, and I'll be happy to sacrifice a playoff loss to get that elite player.

Like I said, I want to be great and win SuperBowls, not good. You should too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree we can make the playoffs, that's not the problem. I don't want a one or done. It would probably be an 8-10 spot difference in the draft actually. We would feel good we make the playoffs for a little while, then when draft season rolls around and we have an early pick in the 20s and a lot of top players are out of our range, we would wonder, why did we make the playoffs? Now we can't get this player in the draft and it hurts our future. 

I don't want to be the Manning Colts where we are good and make the playoffs every year and lose. I don't want to be good, I want to be great, if that means sacrificing a year of the playoffs where we probably lose in order to get a guy like Jaylon Smith who is like Luke Keuchly, Taylor Decker to fix the RT position and protect Luck and keep him healthy for 10+ years, or get Myles Jack and finally get that elite pass rusher, it's worth it.

I hate to use the Raiders as an example, but they get a competant GM and a few high picks, and they are on the path to success. When you get someone like Khalil Mack to build around on defense and Amari Cooper on offense with a QB like Derek Carr, that makes you a .500 team right there. We need a top player or two on the Offensive Line or Defense. We have no protection and no pass rush. It's getting to the point where it's dangerous for Luck, and a liability to the defense where we can't get any pressure, and I'll be happy to sacrifice a playoff loss to get that elite player.

Like I said, I want to be great and win SuperBowls, not good. You should too.

One and done would mean the earliest they could pick would be early to mid 20's if they miss the playoffs they are probably looking at a late teens pick.  That's not that huge of a gap, especially in the middle of the first round when the talent is pretty close to even.  It's not like they would go from a top 10 pick fo say a late 20's picks.  Then the gap would matter at whole lot more.  

You know what after the Manning years I just want Super Bowls.  The Manning teams were great (they rewrote the NFL record books for winning in a decade you don't do that if your not great) and that got a Super Bowl win.  So being great doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl win.  I also know, not being in the playoffs means you have no shot at a Super Bowl.  Being there does.  Passing up a chance to get to be in the playoffs for "tomorrow" makes no sense because tomorrow isn't guaranted.  What if they draft another Werner and the new coach (if this team doesn't make the playoffs there will be a new coach) is a bust and this team gets worse.  It could end up being another three or four years until the Colts get another shot.  

They have the shot now they should take it.  Yeah they could one and done.  Oh well at least they got there and that's just more playoff experience they can chalk up.  Maybe they will go on a surprise run.  We don't know but I do know you miss 100% of the shots you don't take and passing up a playoff trip to build for the future is a loser mentality and that mentality doesn't win championships.  

As for health we don't know if Luck can play this weekend or not.  I think just about everyone here agrees that if he's not healthy he shouldn't play.  However, by accounts he's 50/50 which means he could be healthy enough to play.  So if he's cleared he should play, especially if the other option is clip board Jesus.  They would be fools to sit him if he's cleared and if you can win his game at home and pretty much lock up a playoff birth.

As for Castonzo he said on a local radio show last week he would be back for the Texans game for sure. So it sounds like he's playing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

One and done would mean the earliest they could pick would be early to mid 20's if they miss the playoffs they are probably looking at a late teens pick.  That's not that huge of a gap, especially in the middle of the first round when the talent is pretty close to even.  It's not like they would go from a top 10 pick fo say a late 20's picks.  Then the gap would matter at whole lot more.  

You know what after the Manning years I just want Super Bowls.  The Manning teams were great (they rewrote the NFL record books for winning in a decade you don't do that if your not great) and that got a Super Bowl win.  So being great doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl win.  I also know, not being in the playoffs means you have no shot at a Super Bowl.  Being there does.  Passing up a chance to get to be in the playoffs for "tomorrow" makes no sense because tomorrow isn't guaranted.  What if they draft another Werner and the new coach (if this team doesn't make the playoffs there will be a new coach) is a bust and this team gets worse.  It could end up being another three or four years until the Colts get another shot.  

They have the shot now they should take it.  Yeah they could one and done.  Oh well at least they got there and that's just more playoff experience they can chalk up.  Maybe they will go on a surprise run.  We don't know but I do know you miss 100% of the shots you don't take and passing up a playoff trip to build for the future is a loser mentality and that mentality doesn't win championships.  

As for health we don't know if Luck can play this weekend or not.  I think just about everyone here agrees that if he's not healthy he shouldn't play.  However, by accounts he's 50/50 which means he could be healthy enough to play.  So if he's cleared he should play, especially if the other option is clip board Jesus.  They would be fools to sit him if he's cleared and if you can win his game at home and pretty much lock up a playoff birth.

As for Castonzo he said on a local radio show last week he would be back for the Texans game for sure. So it sounds like he's playing.  

Hopefully Luck and Constanzo play next week, this an all or nothing match for us. Win and we beat the Texans and have the tiebreaker over them, lose, and we not only lose, but to the Texans with no chance at the wildcard and a slim chance of catching them. I'll admit I'm pretty frustrated at that Jags game. It really lowers my expectations of what we can do against a real team. 

I'm a Braves fan as well, and they are similar to the Colts in how they have won the division most years and then lost in the playoffs. Recently, they are doing a complete rebuild in order to get better. That was sort of us 3 years ago, and we overachieved. The problem with overachieving is that you have a lot of weaknesses and unless you can draft perfectly, they will be exposed by the top teams. 

I want to get those weaknesses filled. You want to make the playoffs and win the SB, as do I, the difference between us is that I can see that it isn't likely at all that happens. If we don't at least make the SB this year and make the playoffs, it will hurt our future as far as the draft goes and could potentially affect us in a seriously negative way.

Iam a gambler, I live the life every day and I know possibility from probability. I analyze everything and I've also studied the draft so far and found players within our range that can make our team much better from 10-15 that wouldn't be available in the 21-25 range. I don't want to relive the Manning years and go one and done most years. Lets say we say Luck=Manning from a hypothetical standpoint. That's a best case scenario as of now and even Manning was one and done most years. Do you know the theme of this? It's because we had late draft picks year after year after year. We didn't have the ability to get elite guys like other teams and we had to get a lot luckier to get them. This draft fits our needs in the first round, especially the first half of the first round. I want the pick and the elite guy.

You can call it a loser's mentality, I will call what you want to do, going down the Manning route with a QB who isn't as good as Manning yet and wasting his prime years with the same tactics a loser's mentality. Strategy comes into play, and while we can't rig the games, we should hope for what's best for the Colts and that's 10+ years of winning down the road, not a one and done for an extra game of entertainment.

Look at the draft, you'll see 6 or 7 players that are O-Lineman or ILB/OLBers in the top 15 that can benefit this team at a position of need and weakness and be BPA. I want my Luke Keuchly, I want my Khalil Mack, I want protection for Luck. Can't stand seeing this team lose or be as weak as they are. Lets do something about it. As I said, reality has caught up to us. We've regressed. It's time to have a solid draft and get some proper players to help this team. The reason get Bjeorn Werners is because of our late picks. We are gambling. This cuts the gamble a lot. Lets leave the rest to Grigson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...