Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Updates

TKnight24

Quarterback injury watch continues at @Colts practice. As expected, Matt Hasselbeck is dressed and practicing. Still no Andrew Luck.

Phillip Dorsett and Hugh Thornton practicing. No sign still of Anthony Castonzo or Jerrell Freeman. Erik Walden back in a boot.

21 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Good about Dorsett & Freeman. We need Castonzo & Luck for a Playoff push if we get there. Hope they're back soon. 

What's Castonzo's timetable, if any?

You mean Dorsett and Thornton? Freeman is still not practicing. We are thin at ILB, I hope Sio Moore can produce and stay healthy. 

Excited to have Dorsett back and it's nice to know MH is practicing. Maybe Dorsett can give our O a little spark. 

1 minute ago, cjrulli said:

You mean Dorsett and Thornton? Freeman is still not practicing. We are thin at ILB, I hope Sio Moore can produce and stay healthy. 

Excited to have Dorsett back and it's nice to know MH is practicing. Maybe Dorsett can give our O a little spark. 

My bad. Yep. I would also like to see Moore produce. Dorsett can certainly give this offense some more spark. Just his speed alone dictates possibilities for him and the other WRs.

41 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Good about Dorsett & Freeman. We need Castonzo & Luck for a Playoff push if we get there. Hope they're back soon. 

What's Castonzo's timetable, if any?

Saw an article where Castonzo said he will be back against the Texans, but trying to make it back this week, although it is a longshot

25 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Anyone know how Hasselbeck is doing, injury wise. I see he's practicing but I wonder if he's playing in pain? I hope we get Castonzo back as soon as possible!

Stiff neck, sore shoulder.  I think he is practicing and will definitely play on Sunday!  With Castonzo and Thornton back our OL should be able to help us make a good push into the post season assuming Andrew is playing up to par.

My sleeper pick is Phillip Dorsett.  I think he will be dangerous come playoffs!  Most teams haven't seen him and fully know what he's capable of.  It's hard enough to stop TY and DM (who played this role late in the season last year).  Now its Dorsett's turn to blow the top off and make some big plays!

I just noticed on the Colts.com Kevin Bowen tweets he says Djoun Smith and or Jalil Brown will replace Greg Toler if he can't go on Sunday.  I saw earlier Toler sat out with knee issues.

Also I saw they tweeted this:

Chud says they will definitely work Phillip Dorsett back into the mix now that he’s healthy. A very crowded WR group for the Colts right now

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

I just noticed on the Colts.com Kevin Bowen tweets he says Djoun Smith and or Jalil Brown will replace Greg Toler if he can't go on Sunday.  I saw earlier Toler sat out with knee issues.

Chud says they will definitely work Phillip Dorsett back into the mix now that he’s healthy. A very crowded WR group for the Colts right now

I know one way to make it less crowded.  Move Andre Johnson to safety.

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Lol!  Get off my bro.  They'll probably make one of them inactive most likely, but you know it won't be Andre.  Don't know what they will decide.

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm hoping Toler can't go and they start Djoun.  He needs to get a full game up under his belt in the secondary.  Can't be any worse than some of those bums we had in there when we beat Jax the first time around.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I'm hoping Toler can't go and they start Djoun.  He needs to get a full game up under his belt in the secondary.  Can't be any worse than some of those bums we had in there when we beat Jax the first time around.

Be careful, their WRs are playing extremely well right now and wouldn't surprise me if they have success like Pitt did

27 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Be careful, their WRs are playing extremely well right now and wouldn't surprise me if they have success like Pitt did

Not really. They've put up 1 good game on the Titans.  All season long the Jags are consistently averaging 13-25 points against most opponents not named the Tennesse Titans who stink.  There was one game against the Bills in London, but the Bills were missing a lot of people on the D and they were missing their starting QB.  If Greg can play fine, but I don't think Toler being out will make that much difference defensively against Jax.  They put up 13 against our D and we didn't even have any of our starters.  I'm more concerned about Hasslebeck executing like expected, as well as us being able to do better on the ground than we did last time.   Jags do not execute as well as Pitt.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Toler has a case of the badly buckled knees from getting rolled so often by avg wide outs in the league. Will need an offseason to repair the damage. Only known resolution to repair is to retire and become a gas station attendant. 

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Toler has a case of the badly buckled knees from getting rolled so often by avg wide outs in the league. Will need an offseason to repair the damage. Only known resolution to repair is to retire and become a gas station attendant. 

I'm thinking the guy is still hurt maybe.  He's playing just like he looked in that KC playoff game when he tried to play with the injured groin. We got to get rid of him for sure!

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

Not really. They've put up 1 good game on the Titans.  All season long the Jags are consistently averaging 13-25 points against most opponents not named the Tennesse Titans who stink.  There was one game against the Bills in London, but the Bills were missing a lot of people on the D and they were missing their starting QB.  If Greg can play fine, but I don't think Toler being out will make that much difference defensively against Jax.  They put up 13 against our D and we didn't even have any of our starters.  I'm more concerned about Hasslebeck executing like expected, as well as us being able to do better on the ground than we did last time.   Jags do not execute as well as Pitt.

Titans give up an average 230.6 yards passing a game...that's 9th best in the league...Allen Robinson lit them up for 155 yards...and in both games he had over 100 yards

He got 86 vs the Texans who give up an average 218.2 passing yards...3rd best

They also have Julius Thomas and we all know what he can do when healthy

The problem for them is that defense is not straightened out, That offense passing wise has been pretty good

5 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Titans give up an average 230.6 yards passing a game...that's 9th best in the league...Allen Robinson lit them up for 155 yards...and in both games he had over 100 yards

The problem for them is that defense is not straightened out, That offense passing wise has been pretty good

He was speaking about the collective of Jags WRs.  I'm more concerned about the amt of times they actually see the end zone.  You're mainly pointing out Allen Hurns who I think is a good player, however when I'm looking at most of the Jags performances they usually avg. out around 13-25 points against most opponents including us. I think this group has the ability to score points, but in most cases they don't.  My main point was I didn't think Toler being out was going to get us killed against Jax.   Allen Hurns had a pretty good day against us last time and it only accounted for the Jags scoring 13 points.   Maybe they'll do a little bit better with Julius Thomas, but who knows.   Overall I think Jax is inconsistent but growing.

59 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I also don't think Tennesee has played very many top level QBs.  When they have they gave up 33(Colts) 28(Saints) 27(Panthers) Raider(24). Jaguars(39)(and Bortles is not even elite). For that matter Carr isn't either, but they are both up and coming.

51 minutes ago, krunk said:

I also don't think Tennesee has played very many top level QBs.  When they have they gave up 33(Colts) 28(Saints) 27(Panthers) Raider(24). Jaguars(39)(and Bortles is not even elite). For that matter Carr isn't either, but they are both up and coming.

Lots of factors go into a team not scoring points. Jax has missed 6 extra point tries this year and 4 field goals..Thats 18 points tacked onto there total of 275(they have 275 total points this year) they could have had but missed for a total of 293 which would have gave them an average of 24.4 points a game (good for 12th)

They are still a couple years away I think but offensively they can challenge ya

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Of course they aren't as good as Pittsburgh, but don't go to sleep on them. They have three receivers who can get behind you, a TE who loves the red zone, and a running game that's put up some numbers. And the QB can make plays with his legs.

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Lots of factors go into a team not scoring points. Jax has missed 6 extra point tries this year and 4 field goals..Thats 18 points tacked onto there total of 275(they have 275 total points this year) they could have had but missed for a total of 293 which would have gave them an average of 24.4 points a game (good for 12th)

They are still a couple years away I think but offensively they can challenge ya

I didn't dispute that they had the ability to move the chains, or that they have the personnel to give us a game.  However I think we both agree that they are still missing a few things mainly in the execution department.  They have potential, but you have to carry it through.  In most cases they land somewhere in the middle or below.   If we play a bad defensive game they do have some pieces that could make it a real hard ball game to win.  I just don't expect we'll come out and play sub par in this one.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Lol seriously this is the jags we're talking their offense is not scary

But our defense is

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Of course they aren't as good as Pittsburgh, but don't go to sleep on them. They have three receivers who can get behind you, a TE who loves the red zone, and a running game that's put up some numbers. And the QB can make plays with his legs.

Oh I'm not sleep.  I'm just saying more often than not Jax lives up to their season averages point wise.  Against this team I don't think Toler being out is enough reason to believe they could put something on us similar to Pitt like the other poster seemed to be suggesting.  I think  Djoun needs to see the field at some point and Jax is as good a time as any if it has to happen.  We can still win the ball game.   I'm more concerned about what we do offensively because we didn't fair that well the last time we saw Jax either.