Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay expects Luck back week 15

RockThatBlue

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Shouldn't be broadcasting this....should have kept it down to a game time decision, make the Dolphins game plan for either QB

We play the Texans prior to the Dolphins. Irsay is anticipating Luck back for the Texans, at that point Miami would already know. 

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

I was hoping to have him back vs the jags oh well. hopefully castanzo and dorsett will be ready to go as well. getting healthy at the right time

Jags? Why? They lost again today and are 2 wins behind. Even if they beat us, they will still be behind us. Besides, we can beat them with Matt. 

I still have the feeling Luck will be Questionable by the Texans game (50%, game day decision type of thing). But should be Probable ( >90% chance ) for the Dolphins game.  I don't see anybody rushing him in before it is certain he is 100% recovered from the kidney laceration.  The risk is not worth it in the organization, so they'll await medical team full clearance. The abdominal muscle pull/partial tear I'm less worried about.  My hope is no setbacks, so he plays sooner rather than later.

Sounds good. Lets hope he plays better when he comes back because I'm by no means opposed to benching him for some of the decisions he made passing earlier in the season till he gets his head on straight and stops watching so many Brett Favre highlights(And I say that with Favre being my 2nd favorite QB of all time behind Peyton) but watches some Peyton Manning highlights from earlier in his career

5 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Sounds good. Lets hope he plays better when he comes back because I'm by no means opposed to benching him for some of the decisions he made passing earlier in the season till he gets his head on straight and stops watching so many Brett Favre highlights(And I say that with Favre being my 2nd favorite QB of all time behind Peyton) but watches some Peyton Manning highlights from earlier in his career

That Denver game showed me he was back to his previous 3 seasons. That was enough for me, it just stunk he got injured.

32 minutes ago, James said:

Jags? Why? They lost again today and are 2 wins behind. Even if they beat us, they will still be behind us. Besides, we can beat them with Matt. 

to give luck a game under his belt before we face jj watt

6 hours ago, ColtRider said:

Hope we're 9-5 going into that game, and Andrew paving the way to the Playoffs from Week 15.

We won't be 9-5.      How do I know this?    

Because if Luck is back in week 15,  then the Colts will have 3 games left to play.     Meaning they'll have only played 13 games, and not 14.

Remember,  back week 15 is not the same as back for the 15th game.    Don't forget the bye week.....

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because if Luck is back in week 15,  then the Colts will have 3 games left to play.     Meaning they'll have only played 13 games, and not 14.

Remember,  back week 15 is not the same as back for the 15th game.    Don't forget the bye week.....

Good catch newcoltsfan!

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

"Don't forget the bye week....."

Knock to the noggin. I sure did! 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck could be back as early as Week 15 against the Houston Texans.

#Colts owner Jim Irsay told me he believes QB Andrew Luck will be back for Week 15 vs. the #Texans. Week 16 vs. #Dolphins at the latest

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 6, 2015

Soundss just like what I thought and posted earlier-

"I still have the feeling Luck will be Questionable by the Texans game (50%, game day decision type of thing). But should be Probable ( >90% chance ) for the Dolphins game. "

That's within typical timetables for that injury.

On certain injuries, it's out of the coaches hands when a player returns.  Here is Ron Rivera, HC of the Panthers getting extremely vigorous in his reply to a reporter concerning the health information he supplied earlier, and how he is/was forthright and everything else is not his call.  Watch him reveal the 'new NFL' in the concussion age...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000596476/Ron-Rivera-gets-heated-during-press-conference