LucasOilStadium

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was a bad one. We just have to flush it and forget about it. Still in 1st place in the division with 4 games left. Texans lost and the Pats even lost so I am ok. Not happy with our play but games like these happen from time to time.

I have to think NE won't lose 3 in a row and will beat Houston. I think thats next week. I can't ever recall Brady/BB losing 3 in a row. 

2 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

same story, good enough against the afc south and terrible against every other team (except denver apparently)

- make the playoffs by default

- exit first round 

You forgot:

- get worse draft position

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Im talking about the 4th and 4 call they suggest improved our odds of winning by 13%.   We took a delay of game and punted in that sequence.
    • Ok but we are getting into the weeds there.   "Expected value" is not a term I personally like the sound of, and to me, seems like a way of polishing a turd.    Im more of a "if I make this decision and it works, this is what I get as a result" type of guy.   Handling the unexpected is a key to winning and what seperates coaches from good coaches. And creating your own adversity is never a good thing.    Heres the simplest way I can explain it.....   If I am after sex, and only ask girls out that are drunk, look at me and bite their lip.......and never get rejected, am I really as irresistible as I feel??? Or am I just good at making choices that lead me to where I get what I want? And how much do I increase my odds of getting herpes in this process?    So, if I am up 14 in the 3rd quarter and decide to go for it on 4th down and 1, because I like the matchup and i dont think they can stop me, and Im successful........did I win because I went for it on that 4th down? Maybe not. But the stat still gets charted and used down the road to suggest that decision heavily weighted my odds of winning......when in reality it was likely completely insignificant.   These decisions are usually made when you deem the odds favorable, so is it even a true representation of the odds when hou apply it to every situation? Of course not.    
    • Yup, and they tie the use of their products with the word "smart".   A person is smarter if they use analytics.  When in fact, the industry of processing stats is a money making industry on its own....of course they want their customers to think of themselves as being smarter than the folks who don't use their products.  Its a common sense marketing ploy.   Young males tend to be influenced by that kind of product/image association.  Not to go OT, but Congress had to step in when it involves something harmful, like Cigarettes.
  • Members

• Btown_Colt

Btown_Colt 532

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 24,358

• cbear

cbear 446

• CoachLite

CoachLite 512

• Myles

Myles 4,996

• BigQ