LucasOilStadium

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For everyone criticizing our play and bashing our play did anyone feel like we were going to win anyway. I mean we are playing with our backup QB who has been Good but he isn't Andrew. We haven't lost in a month and still are in 1st place in the South. Relax people.

Defense is healthy. What's their excuse 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I feel bad for him and had very high hopes for Blackmon, but think he is an average to below average safety when healthy Getting him back next year, isnt a solution that will bring much difference to one the worst pass defenses in football   We arent getting much PR, but at least a percentage of the extremely poor pass defense is the safety play   We need a playmaking safety, to go with the need of passrusher (even if its a 3rd down guy)   I hope we invest in the off season for these two critical spots     The good news.... sarcasm alert.....  we cant be the 38th ranked pass defense       
    • Now we just need a good Lt
    • PPR 20 players. Can't decide between Davante Adams or DeAndre Hopkins. Adams has a good connection with Rodgers, and I like the Arizona-Houston matchup. I'm not sure how many targets Hopkins would get, though, if Arizona has a large lead.  They might go to the running game instead. 
    • Multiple thought post alert:   I liked Dayo as a potential draft pick long before he hurt his achilles late in the year.  Afterwards, I totally forgot about him as I thought he would be off the draft board, but I was happy that Ballard liked him and thought that he was a first round player. I wanted Ballard to get one of the LTs at 54 or trade down to take Spencer Brown, but taking Dayo sort of muted the miss on a OT because I liked him as a replacement tweener for Lewis before his injury.   Dayo is a tweener.  Plays DE on "running downs" and DT (in place of Grover) on "passing downs".  His job as DE is not to get sacks, per se, so any statistical analysis or rankings that compare him to other NFL LDEs might be a poor measure of evaluating Dayo.   In modern NFL where there are more mobile QBs than pocket QBs, Dayos job will be to hold the edge and keep the QB contained in the pocket so that Paye and Defo can collect the sacks.  Dayo will get his sacks when the QB is chased or is trying to escape.  Compare this approach to the typical Robert mathis type of LDE that loops around the RT.  In the days of pocket passers like Marino and Brady, Mathis's would approach the QB from nearly directly behind them.  In today's NFL, that type of LDE will leave a gaping hole for the Mahomes, Allens. and Lamars to run through.       Dayo will have the QB come to him, whereby his length can disrupt the escape, redirect it, or even get a sack.    Dayos sacks will not come from him running to the QB, but from the QB running to him.  That's going to make comparing his stats to other LDEs stats almost moot if the other LDEs have a more "get to the QB" approach.  Also, since Dayo will be holding the mobile QB in the pocket, Paye's rankings and sack stats will be inflated when compared to RDE that have a LDE that allows the QB to escape.   Separate thought:   At 6'6 285, Dayo runs the risk of filling out more as young humans tend to do when they hit their mid 20s.  Since our 43 does not employ a traditional fatty NT, if Dayo would gain 10 to 15 pounds he could displace Grover as the NT...perhaps even become a 3 down NT to pair with 3 down 3T Defo.....so, Dayo puts the risk on Grovers future contract rather Defos, IMO.   But who knows, injuries to Defo or Grover, or Dayos ability or inability to maintain weight, or gain it, is going to influence his future way more than we can predict today.   As of today, he is a tweener who is not really expected to collect the sack stats as some others in the NFL might, JMO.          
    • I don’t think Glow has been playing bad per se.  Reed has just been surprisingly very effective.  Rotating ensures both are fresh and playing at their peaks.
  • Members

• ColtsFan_98

ColtsFan_98 0

Rookie
    • MPStack

MPStack 4,339

• JMichael557

JMichael557 280

• Wentzszn

Wentzszn 15,307

• adubb84

adubb84 468