Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Your Mock Draft Simulations Here

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I would LOVE this draft, but I don't see Jones or Williams falling that far.

18: R1P18

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE
48: R2P17

OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
82: R3P19

C MAX TUERK
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
116: R4P18

CB RASHARD ROBINSON
LSU
155: R5P16

ILB DEION JONES
LSU
239: R7P18

RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS

I agree with your assessment on 5.16 and 7.18.  But there will be a couple of guys there that will be good picks at those spots.  One guy I really like who I'm thinking of doing a write-up on (my OPC's 3rd Day Prospect) is the ILB from West Virginia, Nick Kwiatkoski.  Really like what that guy brings to the table.  If available at 5, I'd be more than happy to take him there.  A good 7th round RB that might be there is the Coprich kid from Illinois St. that the Colts spoke to at his pro day.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a pretty huge fan of this draft.  The Washington pick may be on the low end, but plausible I think, given his placement in a lot of big boards is inconsistent (CBS @ 55 overall, NFL.com @ 86 overall).  The Jaylon Smith pick is obviously the wildcard here since we don't know where he's going to go.  Depends on his medical rechecks on 4/15.  As an alternative pick, Christian Westerman was available here.

DT JARRAN REED
ALABAMA

OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON
OHIO STATE

OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME

C ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE

RB DANIEL LASCO
CALIFORNIA

RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
OHIO STATE

C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA

OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
S DEANDRE HOUSTON-CARSON
WILLIAM & MARY

DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
OLB DE'VONDRE CAMPBELL
MINNESOTA

I'm not a fan of drafting anything other than defense in the first, but Elliott was there. And in the third Jaylon Smith being there I just could not pass on him, that is too big of a steal. Overall, I would be very happy with this draft. I addressed Our BIGGEST need with Ryan Kelly( I believe we really only need to find a center to really fix our O-Line). I found Gore's replacement and our future at RB in Elliott.. If Jaylon returns healthy that would arguably the biggest steal in the draft. Carson is still a little raw and some time behind Adams would help very much. I like Hargrove A LOT. Campbell very underrated, I think he will also be a contributor in a year or so.

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE
OLE MISS

CB KENDALL FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH.

C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME

OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE ST.

OLB YANNICK NGAKOUE
MARYLAND

S KEVIN BYARD
MIDDLE TENNESSEE

I have watched film on Robert Nkemdiche and I am so amazed watching him. His off-the-field problems will cause him to slide, but with the right mentor, this kid could be outstanding. Fuller, very good press CB, reminds me of Vontae A little bit. I could not pass on Nick Martin in the third. Solves our Center problem. I think a combo of Correa & Ngakoue could be our next Freeney & Mathis. Kevin Byard still raw, but posses a very strong football I.Q. With Pagano (The DB Whisper) I could see Byard becoming Adams replacement in 2017.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I think you focused a little to much on the secondary.  Perhaps with that 3rd pick there was a DL available?  But I otherwise like what you've done.

Yeah Thats what I thought after I did it to. I would probally change 3rd or 5 pick to a ILB or D line like you said.

I just had this using composite big board:

DE NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY

DT CHRIS JONES
MISS. STATE

OLB JORDAN JENKINS
GEORGIA

G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI

C ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE

CB RONALD ZAMORT
WESTERN MICHIGAN

i like it

i have a hard time believing chris jones will be for our second pick but whateva

Another one I absolutely love, but maybe not the most realistic (I don't find the Fanspeak board to be too realistic). We get 2 day one O-line starters, a solid D-lineman, a potential #2 CB (not worried about his red flags), LB depth, and a beast of a RB coming off a foot injury.

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE

DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH

C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME

CB RASHARD ROBINSON
LSU

ILB NICK KWIATKOSKI
WVU

RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS

Reggie Ragland will be our Vontaze Burfict the next 10 years, without the penalties.

Josh Perry and Kamalei Correa as pass rushers, especially with a very porous and aging OLB core (all 3 starters over 30, two almost 35).

Christian Westerman and his bear paws hands of 12'' to provide an instant starter at either Center or Guard.

Javon Hargrave to provide competition as a 1-Gap NT.

Halapoulivaati Vaitai to compete with Denzelle Good at RT, allows Reitz to move back as a backup primarily for all OL positions.

I find the composite board the most realistic.

Here are a couple of different runs I had with it:

First one:

DE NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
DT JONATHAN BULLARD
FLORIDA
G JOSHUA GARNETT
STANFORD
OLB YANNICK NGAKOUE
MARYLAND
RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS
DE STEPHEN WEATHERLY
VANDERBILT

I guess this is the pass-rush draft, with addition of a guard and our 3-down RB of the future.

Second one:

DT ANDREW BILLINGS
BAYLOR
C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA
ILB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO STATE
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BYU
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
WR JAKEEM GRANT
TEXAS TECH

This one is more balanced. I went with Ryan Kelly as the best C in the draft in the second, addressed ILB in the third. I like the potential of Kaufusi and SImmons is an athletic freak at FS. He needs to gain some weight and he needs some refinement in his game but i like his tools. Jakeem Grant finishes the draft. He can be our returner and be used in some funky plays if Pagano hasn't developed aversion to them last year.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I find the composite board the most realistic.

Here are a couple of different runs I had with it:

First one:

DE NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
DT JONATHAN BULLARD
FLORIDA
G JOSHUA GARNETT
STANFORD
OLB YANNICK NGAKOUE
MARYLAND
RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS
DE STEPHEN WEATHERLY
VANDERBILT

I guess this is the pass-rush draft, with addition of a guard and our 3-down RB of the future.

Second one:

DT ANDREW BILLINGS
BAYLOR
C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA
ILB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO STATE
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BYU
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
WR JAKEEM GRANT
TEXAS TECH

This one is more balanced. I went with Ryan Kelly as the best C in the draft in the second, addressed ILB in the third. I like the potential of Kaufusi and SImmons is an athletic freak at FS. He needs to gain some weight and he needs some refinement in his game but i like his tools. Jakeem Grant finishes the draft. He can be our returner and be used in some funky plays if Pagano hasn't developed aversion to them last year.

In your first one, I don't think Garnett at 82 or Williams at 155 will be there when we pick.

In your second one,  I don't think Kelly at 48, Perry at 82 or Kafusi at 116 will be there.....

These games are fun and even addictive,  but they aren't the least bit accurate or predictive....    they never have been and they never will be.....

This was just done on Fanspeak.  I don't think it's realistic, but it did turn out this way and the draft does funny things.  What do you guys think?

CB VERNON HARGREAVES III
FLORIDA

S KARL JOSEPH
WEST VIRGINIA

C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME

G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN
ARIZONA STATE

ILB NICK VIGIL
UTAH STATE

OLB VICTOR OCHI
STONY BROOK

Just messing around and did this mock too.  

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE

C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA

S JEREMY CASH
DUKE

OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA

DT LUTHER MADDY
VIRGINIA TECH

RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS

15 minutes ago, indyman411 said:

Just messing around and did this mock too.  

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE

C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA

S JEREMY CASH
DUKE

OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA

DT LUTHER MADDY
VIRGINIA TECH

RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS

In both drafts, id have like to see a DL  /Edge Rusher in the first couple rounds, but thats just my personal preference. I think DL is just too deep this year to not take one or even two.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In your first one, I don't think Garnett at 82 or Williams at 155 will be there when we pick.

In your second one,  I don't think Kelly at 48, Perry at 82 or Kafusi at 116 will be there.....

These games are fun and even addictive,  but they aren't the least bit accurate or predictive....    they never have been and they never will be.....

Yeah, I know some of them won't be there, but in reality the draft is so dynamic and different teams have so very different boards that even in the real draft players you thought would go high would fall. Might not be those specific ones, but some would.

You are right about the addictiveness though. :D I've probably ran about 15 of them so far.

I used the CBS biard, which I find is the most realistic one I've used so far. Chances of Kelly falling that far are slim, so maybe sub that pick with Nick Martin if Kelly's not there.

DT JARRAN REED
ALABAMA

C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA

OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE

RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS