Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updates on Andrew Luck

RockThatBlue

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

I would be hesitant to bring him back quickly behind the O Line it looks like we are running out on Sunday. As long as Matt keeps getting In the hot tub time machine before each game there's no reason. 

Hopefully Castonzo and the O Line is healthy when he comes back. 

I am thinking it will be the Dolphins game. That will give Andrew 2 games to get his groove. Even we should be able to run on the Dolphins. 

We were never told the grade laceration Andrew suffered, but many assume Grade II or III.

The medical team will clear Andrew for activity, then limited practice, only when they are 100% sure the kidney is healed and there is no blood (even microscopic) blood in the urine. After that, full practice and later contact.  In the beginning of rehab, he was on strict rest, and limited fluid intake for awhile.    So I'm quite sure he is not quite in football shape.  So he will have to regain his conditioning first when allowed.  Then practice his skills, then be released for contact. It appears Luck is on pace to return within the next couple weeks, at least I hope.  Would be nice to have him vs. the Texans.

• Grade 1: Hematuria with normal imaging studies, contusions, nonexpanding subcapsular hematomas
  • Grade 2: Nonexpanding perinephric hematomas confined to the retroperitoneum, superficial cortical lacerations less than 1 cm in depth without collecting system injury
  • Grade 3: Renal lacerations greater than 1 cm in depth that do not involve the collecting system
  • Grade 4: Renal lacerations extending through the kidney into the collecting system, injuries involving the main renal artery or vein with contained hemorrhage, segmental infarctions without associated lacerations, expanding subcapsular hematomas compressing the kidney
  • Grade 5: Shattered or devascularized kidney, ureteropelvic avulsions, complete laceration or thrombus of the main renal artery or vein

Lucks injury for those not clear:

Kidney laceration Grades.jpg

Obviously he won't be back this week, and since it's the Jags next week, I believe we can get along without him, but I would like to see less restrictions next week.  I definitely want him in there against the Texans though.  That is our season, if we lose to the Steelers AND the Texans.  I don't think that will happen, but I really am skeptical of playing at Pittsburgh.  Historically, it's been a very tough game.  I get history doesn't mean much, but were beat up and Pittsburgh is a very good team.  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pull it out!!

Texans play at Buffalo this week, which will be a tough game, and against the Pats, which I don't forsee them winning, but then they play us.  Jags and Titans to end the season which you can expect them to win.  If we lose and they win on Sunday, that puts us in scary territory, because I think we fall out of the Wild Card (maybe I'm wrong), but assuming they lose the NE game and we beat Jax, that would catch us up, and I think still give us the tie breaker (again could be wrong).  That would setup a HUGE pivotal divisional game, pretty much saying winner takes all.  Again, this is all hypotheticals, but we are literally neck and neck with equally amount of difficult games ahead.  I can't stress enough that Andrew (if he's healthy) or Matt, MUST bring their A game the rest of the season!  The Texans game at home is quite the advantage in itself though.

Another difference maker is within the next 2-3 weeks, we should have most of our players healthy again, and ready to make a postseason push (Luck, Castonzo, Dorsett, Smith, Freeman)!  Not trying to be negative though, just by how the season has gone, we can expect another curveball, with an unexpected injury.  So anybody on the bench, should be ready to be "next man up". 

33 minutes ago, ColtStronger said:

That's a good question.  I was wondering that myself

Last year, the Colts played the Steelers due to playing the entire AFC North division.  This year it's because both finished 1st place last year in their respective divisions.  Different rules determine where the games are played for those 2 situations.

On 12/2/2015, 3:41:03, ColtRider said:

Encouraging news. Really looking forward to Andrew Luck's extended performance under Chudzinski's play calling. The combination could be the launch of Andrew's overall talent on the field of play. I really think since Arians left he's been handcuffed so to speak. Chud will not do that. I hope it's an all out assault on the NFL for a long time to come.

Actually, that is exactly what Chud did to Andrew. No more holding the ball looking for Andrews Long Ball, and no checking out of the run game.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Actually, that is exactly what Chud did to Andrew. No more holding the ball looking for Andrews Long Ball, and no checking out of the run game.

Yep. That certainly looked the case in the 1st half of the Denver game. Looking forward to a lot more of it when Luck returns.