Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updates on Andrew Luck

RockThatBlue

Encouraging news. Really looking forward to Andrew Luck's extended performance under Chudzinski's play calling. The combination could be the launch of Andrew's overall talent on the field of play. I really think since Arians left he's been handcuffed so to speak. Chud will not do that. I hope it's an all out assault on the NFL for a long time to come.

1 hour ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I think he will be ready to go for the last 2 games of the season, and for the playoff of course.

I think we may need him sooner. MH is playing great, but he has a huge test to keep up with Pitt's offense and Houston has been playing very very well. 

This is very good news. I wasn't sure how he was doing, but I'm glad to hear he is on the right track. Giving big money to Hasselback ended up being a very smart thing to do. When Luck recovers, I think even with a less talented team at some positions, we have a chance to win the SB when he comes back as long as we don't break down in the next few weeks.

Have a personal anecdote relevant to the subject of this thread.

This past weekend, a close relative of mine attended a charity event hosted/sponsored by Reggie Wayne.  Several active Colts players attended the event (Hilton, Mathis, etc.).

Luck was also there.  My relative spoke to Luck for a little while and had some photos snapped (will share upon request).  My relative said Luck looked great - was smiling, cracking jokes, and overall very energetic.

While I fully realize that one cannot really "feel" a minor laceration of the kidney, I was certainly very pleased to hear that Luck was out and about and having fun (while also supporting a great cause).

I think we shall see young Andrew return in the next 2 weeks.  :thmup:

11 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I think he will be ready to go for the last 2 games of the season, and for the playoff of course.

Yes HCF, I agree 100% Luck will need a couple of regular season games to shake the cobwebs & knock the rust off. Glad to hear that Chewy is on the mend.

Good to hear. Hope he gets back to health sooner rather than later. 

I do think, though, that the Steelers' defense is suspect enough for MH to pick apart this week. We definitely have the right kind of personnel on offense to score TDs on them in a variety of ways. It's on the defensive end that this game could be lost.

Pittsburgh has a really good trio of WRs and their TE lit us up last time we played. It looks like Big Ben will be able to play. 

I heard Venturi talking about how bad their LT is last Monday. I think that's a good place to start strategically, but getting to Roethisberger is only half the battle... Gotta wrap him up or strip the ball...

Mathis was so close so many times last week... I'd love to see him get a strip sack or two in this one. 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would sit him out until the Texans game. Take no chances. I think we can beat the Jags without him. I am not even concerned about rust if the Texans game is his first. The rest is actually doing him a lot of good IMO.

Don't believe anyone wants him 'rusty' when he goes up against the Houston D.

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Good to hear. Hope he gets back to health sooner rather than later. 

I do think, though, that the Steelers' defense is suspect enough for MH to pick apart this week. We definitely have the right kind of personnel on offense to score TDs on them in a variety of ways. It's on the defensive end that this game could be lost.

Pittsburgh has a really good trio of WRs and their TE lit us up last time we played. It looks like Big Ben will be able to play. 

I heard Venturi talking about how bad their LT is last Monday. I think that's a good place to start strategically, but getting to Roethisberger is only half the battle... Gotta wrap him up or strip the ball...

Mathis was so close so many times last week... I'd love to see him get a strip sack or two in this one. 

I believe Vontae can keep AB under control like Sherman did, but worried if Toler & Butler can do the same against Bryant & Wheaton. T.Y. & Donte did have big games against them last year & I expect much of the same & hopefully we're on the right side of the scoreboard this time around.

Defensively I think we have to force them into beating us underneath and with the running game. Take away the big plays and make them work their way down the field.  Offensively I think we need to go tempo with a little more passing than runs since their secondary is weak.  Move down the field quickly and pick up some points 3 or 7.  Steelers blitz a lot so I'm sure Chud will have some good screens and other short stuff to counter punch.  If we can score early and continuously force them to take the long route to the end zone I think they'll make some mistakes and play into our hands.

would def love to have luck for the steelers espesically since this game can have playoff implications down the road, but the upcoming division games are more important to win the division. texans are playing the bills pats and us the next three games so we can win the division if they lose those two games then lose to us if we take care of business ourselves of course.

On December 3, 2015 at 12:14:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would sit him out until the Texans game. Take no chances. I think we can beat the Jags without him. I am not even concerned about rust if the Texans game is his first. The rest is actually doing him a lot of good IMO.

I would be hesitant to bring him back quickly behind the O Line it looks like we are running out on Sunday. As long as Matt keeps getting In the hot tub time machine before each game there's no reason. 

Hopefully Castonzo and the O Line is healthy when he comes back. 

I am thinking it will be the Dolphins game. That will give Andrew 2 games to get his groove. Even we should be able to run on the Dolphins. 

Not so sure.  To be honest with you I've noticed that we seem to have trouble running against the teams with 4-3 fronts that slant a lot.  That Seattle style, Tampa 2 style of football with the lightning quick defensive tackles that penetrate.  That's Atlanta, That's Tampa, That's Carolina, That's Jacksonville.   Every team I've seen us play that runs a two gap scheme, or any type of 3-4 front we've ran the ball well against.  Hopefully we can pick things up again against the Pittsburgh  3-4.  If we can we'll score some consistent points.

I don't think all those pulling guards and power type stuff works as well against the penetrating front.  I remember even in the preseason we had bad problems running against the penetrating front.  Specifically that St Louis Rams game, which was basically a regular season audition.  Donald and those guys kept penetrating through and blowing our runs up when we pulled the guards.  I think it may be better to run more misdirection type runs against that style of play.  I don't think Chud has put enough emphasis on misdirection in these cases.  I do remember him trying to go there with that little pitch out he did to Frank but Frank had a hard time catching the ball and it got blown up.  We faked like we were running one way and then we pitched it out the other way.  To me misdirection works well against the penetrating style of D line play.  Take the penetration one way and attack back the other way.  I'm suspecting we'll run better against Pitt.

Last year was just one of those anomaly type games for the Colts defense. Guys were just wide open no matter what type of coverage they were in. Davis also got hurt that game while Toler got worked in coverage continuously. I expect a different effort this game.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think all those pulling guards and power type stuff works as well against the penetrating front.  I remember even in the preseason we had bad problems running against the penetrating front.  Specifically that St Louis Rams game, which was basically a regular season audition.  Donald and those guys kept penetrating through and blowing our runs up when we pulled the guards.  I think it may be better to run more misdirection type runs against that style of play.  I don't think Chud has put enough emphasis on misdirection in these cases.  I do remember him trying to go there with that little pitch out he did to Frank but Frank had a hard time catching the ball and it got blown up.  We faked like we were running one way and then we pitched it out the other way.  To me misdirection works well against the penetrating style of D line play.  Take the penetration one way and attack back the other way.  I'm suspecting we'll run better against Pitt.

Not sure Frank can catch a cold.  He has become a drop-monster and a bigger fumbler than Delone Carter way back in 2011.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Not sure Frank can catch a cold.  He has become a drop-monster and a bigger fumbler than Delone Carter way back in 2011.

Yeah I don't know what the deal is.  I know at one point in the season around the Jets game one or two of his fingers were swollen so that is certainly a factor.  I don't know if his hand is healed up or what.  Too much of a beast to sit him though, so we'll just have to ride it out.  That misdirection pitch that he muffed I don't think it's a play he's used to running so maybe there was an angle adjustment I assume.  However I've seen him kind of hot potato some tosses before so it's not much of an excuse.

Just now, krunk said:

Yeah I don't know what the deal is.  I know at one point in the season around the Jets game one or two of his fingers were swollen so that is certainly a factor.  I don't know if his hand is healed up or what.  Too much of a beast to sit him though, so we'll just have to ride it out.  That misdirection pitch that he muffed I don't think it's a play he's used to running so maybe there was an angle adjustment I assume.  However I've seen him kind of hot potato some tosses before so it's not much of an excuse.

That was maybe his ugliest play as a Colt.....other than goal line fumbles!! :)