Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cyber Monday Mock draft

Here is my weekly mock...

-Indy trades 1st and 2017 2nd for 12th overall pick.

-Indy trades 2nd to Carolina for their 2, 3, 5 (moved down 10 picks in round 2)

-Indy trades 3rd from Carolina, 7th, and 2017 5th for 3rd round pick from Houston (moved up 10 spots in round 3)

-Indy trades 4th away to get extra 3rd in 2017 (makes up for trading away 2017 2nd)

Round 1 Pick 12 (WASH): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (CAR): Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A+)
Round 3 Pick 22 (HOU): Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29 (CAR): Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (A-)

Indy gets their great coverage ILB in Smith, a physical hardworking RT/RG in Conklin, an underrated OLB in Lawson to take over Mathis' spot when he retires, a talented DT in Rankins to share time with Parry at NT, a long CB in Canady, and an athletic RT whom I like a lot in Haeg in case Conklin is better suited at RG.

In free agency, Indy signs RB Charcandrick West, CB Sean Smith (Indy needs a good pass catching RB who has breakaway ability. Indy could also use a corner with size such as Smith.)

Indy releases WR Andre Johnson, Todd Herremans

Indy restructures DT Art Jones, OLB Trent Cole

On November 29, 2015 at 7:35:13 PM, Mr. Too Proud said:

Like I said we seen the bpa before with Griggs. Also I think we make playoffs so I see most of those guys off the board. I do like Ogbah though. What do you think of the off season though?

I like the offseason pick ups. I think we should go after Irvin as well. Upshaw would be really cheap. Don't know too much about Battle though.

17 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is my weekly mock...

-Indy trades 1st and 2017 2nd for 12th overall pick.

-Indy trades 2nd to Carolina for their 2, 3, 5 (moved down 10 picks in round 2)

-Indy trades 3rd from Carolina, 7th, and 2017 5th for 3rd round pick from Houston (moved up 10 spots in round 3)

-Indy trades 4th away to get extra 3rd in 2017 (makes up for trading away 2017 2nd)

Round 1 Pick 12 (WASH): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (CAR): Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A+)
Round 3 Pick 22 (HOU): Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29 (CAR): Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (A-)

Indy gets their great coverage ILB in Smith, a physical hardworking RT/RG in Conklin, an underrated OLB in Lawson to take over Mathis' spot when he retires, a talented DT in Rankins to share time with Parry at NT, a long CB in Canady, and an athletic RT whom I like a lot in Haeg in case Conklin is better suited at RG.

In free agency, Indy signs RB Charcandrick West, CB Sean Smith (Indy needs a good pass catching RB who has breakaway ability. Indy could also use a corner with size such as Smith.)

Indy releases WR Andre Johnson, Todd Herremans

Indy restructures DT Art Jones, OLB Trent Cole

Conklin shouldn't be there In the 2nd and Lawson shouldn't be there in the 3rd. I think both guys are 1st round picks,

On 11/30/2015, 10:13:24, BleedBlu8792 said:

To the bolded - You can't be that naive. Is Texas better than Oklahoma, even though Oklahoma is in the playoff despite losing to Texas who is horrible?

Who can stand losing period? Again, it's the first time Zeke has EVER questioned the playcalling - hell ever questioned anything, and AGAIN, he was right - confirmed by Urban. However, he did come out and apologize not only to his team for what he said to the media, he even reiterated it again after the Michigan game. Meanwhile, he gets 30 carries and over 200 yards rushing. He must have said something right...

Conjecture much?.... Pressure? What pressure? The guy just lost a game to a rival that cost them a chance a repeating as National Champs. He was * about the circumstances. He wasn't being interrogated. Jeff Fisher was the same way however unlike Jeff there wasn't "times" with Zeke, only this time, so the two have no correlation to each other. The media tried making this big deal, much like you are, and it pretty much died out by that Monday - after Urban's press conference. My grain of salt -  you're making it out to be bigger than it was.

I'd love to see him in a Colts jersey, but we have other underwhelming areas to fix before we look at a running back that early.

First, coming out and apologizing to the media means nothing, in fact, it proves my point. He apologized after to protect his image. When he had a bunch of mics in his face and had to say something on the fly, he lashed out at the media and started blaming everyone, that's the pressure, being questioned at a random moment by the media and having to give a split second answer, when you do, there's no time to make up a lie, there's no time to prepare a statement and memorize it, it's your true self. You are revealing your true character and your true personality in a moment you aren't prepared for. He apologized later, probably under the advice of his coaches and teammates.

I'm studying to be a draft scout and eventually a GM when I'm not working, and if I was a GM of a team right now that needed an rb, I would take notice of that. Under Ezekiel Elliott, it would read "character concerns" has a bad attitude, immaturity issues, hard to get along with, blames coaches for losing, can't handle losing, and has trouble talking to the media. He's a heck of an athlete and player, he may have a Todd Gurley type of rookie year next year, but he's going to be a pain in the butt to deal with. He has an ego, and it could be ugly if he goes on a team like the Browns and they go 5-11 or 6-10.

Elliot in the first?  No thanks.  Give me Prosise or Perkins in the 3rd.  I'm not sure where they fall in the draft rankings as far as the 32 teams go, but if I felt I had to package the 3rd and a future 3rd, I would consider it.  

Also, Jack Conklin appears to be pretty unrealistic at this point that late in round 2.  I haven't watched film yet, and obviously there's a long way to go before things get into focus.  If we were looking hard at an OL with our 2nd round pick, a realistic option I would consider taking there is Max Tuerk... and I would do it over Nick Martin (note, this unfortunately is based off of Martin's 2014 tapes, since there is no 2015 available, but I will say he hasn't stook out to me in 2015 much either to warrant the draft position he's at so far IMO).