Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud called a hell of a game. Again.

zibby43

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Don't understand how chud doesn't use the same "language" when pep was the oc he's been around atleast a year now but it's killing us the offense doesn't click like it's suppose to

I think it is because Pep speaks R2-D2, and Chud speaks BB-8....  and nobody on the team seems to understand either of them very well....

;-)   {winky / smiley thingy here...}

On 12/15/2015 at 1:02 AM, Coltfreak said:

Luck was injured in either the buffalo or jets game so he wasn't healthy for those games.  Also Luck is the one that changed the plays that Pep called from runs to passes in the Buffalo game and that is from Pagano The NE Pagano told Pep to change gameplan for second half and go up tempo. Again that is straight from Pagano 

dont forgrt get in those first 3 games Luck had 7 interceptions and 2 fumbles one lost one recovered   In his next 4 games he threw 5 more picks.   It's hard for any OC to look good when your QB is turning the ball over multiple times a game 

just sayin.  If Luck comes out forcing the ball and turning it over the offense is gonna look like butt again 

You use excuses for Pep by saying Luck was injured, then criticise Chud whose QB Matt Hasselbeck is clearly injured. Why is there a double standard?

14 minutes ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

You use excuses for Pep by saying Luck was injured, then criticise Chud whose QB Matt Hasselbeck is clearly injured. Why is there a double standard?

\

Wasnt a double standard,  I was responding to a comment that Pep had a healthy Luck and lost and I simply pointed out he was injured.  Luck tried to play through it and struggled which IMO caused the 12 picks which turned into losses.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

3.5 yards per play.  Worst game of the year AGAIN! 

Is there a worse offense in the NFL?   We have fallen so far from a year ago.  Top 3 offense to the worst in the NFL.     Chud  sucks

Wait a second here.

Why don't you hold any of the players accountable?  Particularly Matty H.  I respect his guts but he cannot move and he cannot make all of the throws anymore.

No one can play call you out of bad QB play in the NFL.  No one can play call you out of the following either:

1) Not being able to run the ball

2) Not being able to throw the ball downfield (by the way, did you see what happened when Matt tried to do so?  One of the ugliest NFL INTs I've seen this year.  Didn't have a chance.)

Do you know how easy it is for defenses to tee off against an offense when there is no threat of a deep pass and no need to commit extra assets toward stopping the run?

I don't know what else to say.

Chud has had 1 game with Luck and in that 1 game, the Colts beat one of the best defenses in the NFL and had 0 turnovers.

4 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

\

Wasnt a double standard,

You realize that an injured Andrew Luck is about 100 times more dangerous/effective than an injured, 40-year-old Matty H (who barely knows the offense himself)?

How many 40-year-old starting QBs do you see in the NFL?  Matty H was signed to come in for a quarter or two/game or two.  He was not supposed to have to start half a season.

Chud also had to call games when Dorsett was out, AC was out, Reitz was at LT, and Good was at RT.

Oh, and Chud lost Bradshaw too.

23 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Nope I was there......   that wasnt even close.   Luck threw 3 picks     Offense still had 5.6 yd per play and tonight was a season low 3.5

Not even close

Are you not noticing we've got a 40-year backup who is beat-up playing quarterback?

Are you not noticing we've got the worst offensive line in football?      We can't pass block and we can't run block,  other than that,  they're doing fine.

What the heck is your problem?

Your comparisons are beyond ridiculous.....

On December 21, 2015 at 11:34 AM, DougDew said:

Pep always had Luck ....and still sucked.

No he didn't.  He had MH and was undefeated with him. 

And Anytime Luck didn't have multiple turnovers we also won. Lots of turnovers by others the first few games too.  Dorsett fumbling Gore fumbling etc  Except for the NE debacle.  And we could have and should have won that one 

18 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

No he didn't.  He had MH and was undefeated with him. 

And Anytime Luck didn't have multiple turnovers we also won. Lots of turnovers by others the first few games too.  Dorsett fumbling Gore fumbling etc  Except for the NE debacle.  And we could have and should have won that one 

2-0 this year with MH...HOU and JAX.  And during the HOU game, MH success also came from MH changing the play at the LOS example:  pass to TY at the LOS because he saw the DB playing 10 yards off.  Just pitch and catch.  Success during the two wins and better (different) QB play has nothing to do with comparing OC's. 

And more importantly, the offense sucked last year when Reggie was out/not healthy.  Since Arians left, Reggie was the key to the offense's success in the past.

I still don't understand what is the matter with firing Pep and replacing him with Chud..even if it resulted in only a wash (which it didn't).  Are you claiming there is some sort of injustice going on?  Why care otherwise?

The offense stunk, so the team fires its OC and tries another for the rest of the season.  Seems pretty straight forward to me.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

2-0 this year with MH...HOU and JAX.  And during the HOU game, MH success also came from MH changing the play at the LOS example:  pass to TY at the LOS because he saw the DB playing 10 yards off.  Just pitch and catch.  Success during the two wins and better (different) QB play has nothing to do with comparing OC's. 

And more importantly, the offense sucked last year when Reggie was out/not healthy.  Since Arians left, Reggie was the key to the offense's success in the past.

I still don't understand what is the matter with firing Pep and replacing him with Chud..even if it resulted in only a wash (which it didn't).  Are you claiming there is some sort of injustice going on?  Why care otherwise?

The offense stunk, so the team fires its OC and tries another for the rest of the season.  Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Sorry TY and MH say otherwise. And I I would bet the farm they are not the only ones. 

Luck already said he knows when he is coming back but he's not saying.   I bet he means I'll be back when these dumb * get me a coordinator that actually knows the offense 

12 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Sorry TY and MH say otherwise. And I I would bet the farm they are not the only ones. 

Luck already said he knows when he is coming back but he's not saying.   I bet he means I'll be back when these dumb * get me a coordinator that actually knows the offense 

TY is a receiver, not a very physical one at that, who gets paid to run the deep route and would prefer any coordinator who calls routes that take 5 seconds to develop...not to mention having a QB that can throw it far enough

Not sure what MH said.

"The offense" will undoubtedly change.  Because it sucked.  And these Dumb * will get Luck somebody who knows that offense.  Kind of hard not too.

13 hours ago, DougDew said:

TY is a receiver, not a very physical one at that, who gets paid to run the deep route and would prefer any coordinator who calls routes that take 5 seconds to develop...not to mention having a QB that can throw it far enough

Not sure what MH said.

"The offense" will undoubtedly change.  Because it sucked.  And these Dumb * will get Luck somebody who knows that offense.  Kind of hard not too.

Seriously?  You are going to take a shot at a guy on the team who obviously knows what is going on a million times more than you? 

He said it... he meant it...  you dont have to like it... and sorry it didnt fit your argument...but that doesnt make it less true

MH said the same thing in different terms.  They were taking no chances and just trying to win the TO war.  They were going to play very conservative with little to no downfield play. He said they should have tried to open it up more also.

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Seriously?  You are going to take a shot at a guy on the team who obviously knows what is going on a million times more than you? 

He said it... he meant it...  you dont have to like it... and sorry it didnt fit your argument...but that doesnt make it less true

MH said the same thing in different terms.  They were taking no chances and just trying to win the TO war.  They were going to play very conservative with little to no downfield play. He said they should have tried to open it up more also.

Seriously, do you think that one speedy WR knows what's going on more than an OC?   

I'm sure that most perceptive people on this board believe that TY sincerely thinks that Chud should be calling more downfield passing plays.  I'm not sure what an opinion from TYs perspective has much to do with either Pep or Chud being a bad or good play caller.

I don't recall any comments made by MH.  Besides, I'd guess the Colts have been throwing downfield less than 5 plays per game, so "taking more shots downfield" may mean they should double it to 8....not take about 28...and not on about every 3rd and 6.

Again, I'm not defending Chud.  I'm saying that from a perspective of a person  "knowing what is going on a million times" LESS than a GM, you can't reasonably fault firing Pep.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Seriously, do you think that one speedy WR knows what's going on more than an OC?   

I'm sure that most perceptive people on this board believe that TY sincerely thinks that Chud should be calling more downfield passing plays.  I'm not sure what an opinion from TYs perspective has much to do with either Pep or Chud being a bad or good play caller.

I don't recall any comments made by MH.  Besides, I'd guess the Colts have been throwing downfield less than 5 plays per game, so "taking more shots downfield" may mean they should double it to 8....not take about 28...and not on about every 3rd and 6.

Again, I'm not defending Chud.  I'm saying that from a perspective of a person  "knowing what is going on a million times" LESS than a GM, you can't reasonably fault firing Pep.

Yes  TY knows more than Chud.... TY actually knows the playbook....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nf ... /77776154/

Hasselbeck said the Colts “probably could have been a little bit more aggressive. Just kind of was in this mode of we win the turnover battle, we win the game. We win the turnover ratio, we win the game. We kind of thought to win this game, no one had to do anything superhero. We just had to do everything right, just play a clean game.”

5 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Yes  TY knows more than Chud.... TY actually knows the playbook....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nf ... /77776154/

You've still lost me.  You're arguing that the Colts should have retained Pep because he and TY knows Pep's playbook better than Chud does? 

Oh, that article was your source.  I read it before and couldn't imagine that it would be considered a source for anything.

Have you watched MH throw the deep ball?  He can't.  It floats.  Almost every completion downfield has required the WR to slow down to catch it.  The lack of downfield play calls is not Chud's fault, its MH's fault for having a weak arm...and Chud knows it...so why bother calling those plays.  Having said that, I agree with MH "we could have thrown it down field a bit more".   As opposed to Pep/Luck who attempted to throw it 18 yards on a lot of 3rd and 6s.

You are being unreasonable.  Your statements are taking on the look of someone searching for logical reasons to validate an opinion that has been already cemented in some sort of bias.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

You've still lost me.  You're arguing that the Colts should have retained Pep because he and TY knows Pep's playbook better than Chud does? 

Oh, that article was your source.  I read it before and couldn't imagine that it would be considered a source for anything.

Have you watched MH throw the deep ball?  He can't.  It floats.  Almost every completion downfield has required the WR to slow down to catch it.  The lack of downfield play calls is not Chud's fault, its MH's fault for having a weak arm...and Chud knows it...so why bother calling those plays.  Having said that, I agree with MH "we could have thrown it down field a bit more".   As opposed to Pep/Luck who attempted to throw it 18 yards on a lot of 3rd and 6s.

You are being unreasonable.  Your statements are taking on the look of someone searching for logical reasons to validate an opinion that has been already cemented in some sort of bias.

so you admit Luck was throwing deeper than needed.  And yet you forget the history of this. Luck has come out and said HE likes to go downfield.  HE is also the one forcing it into double and triple coverage.  He did it with Reggie and now he does it with TY.   Which this ur has resulted into turnovers.  Those are on Luck not Pep. Luck had other options but chose to throw stupid passes and wasn't very accurate at the beginning of the yr.   That is why we were losing. You can't turn the ball over multiple times a game and expect to win 

I don't care who the OC is. I just think Pep got a raw deal he took the blame and it wasn't all his fault. But people want to give Chud a pass when it's even worse now. Even the players are saying it. 

I mi am pretty sure TY knows if MH can throw deep or not a lot better than you do 

not sure why you think you know more than actual players on the team 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 10:14 PM, Coltfreak said:

so you admit Luck was throwing deeper than needed.  And yet you forget the history of this. Luck has come out and said HE likes to go downfield.  HE is also the one forcing it into double and triple coverage.  He did it with Reggie and now he does it with TY.   Which this ur has resulted into turnovers.  Those are on Luck not Pep. Luck had other options but chose to throw stupid passes and wasn't very accurate at the beginning of the yr.   That is why we were losing. You can't turn the ball over multiple times a game and expect to win 

I don't care who the OC is. I just think Pep got a raw deal he took the blame and it wasn't all his fault. But people want to give Chud a pass when it's even worse now. Even the players are saying it. 

I mi am pretty sure TY knows if MH can throw deep or not a lot better than you do 

not sure why you think you know more than actual players on the team 

TY wants any QB to throw it downfield. Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how it helps to validate your bias for Pep.

Luck threw less down field when Chud was OC.  Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how it helps to validate your bias towards Pep.

Think about how you feel that Pep was a scapegoat ........

MH isn't going to admit that he can't throw the deep ball.  Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how that helps to validate your bias towards Pep.

I use my own eyes and ears to judge what I see and hear...not someone else's propaganda.

The O stunk and in the NFL, the OC gets fired....if the team isn't going to release the QB.  You find an OC that helps to develop the QB..which Pep didn't do well enough if the reasons we were losing fell on Luck.  Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how doing that validates your biased opinion towards Pep.

Chud was not expected to be a savior, and he will probably go too unless there are real reasons why Chud is confined by the current O system....a situation that anybody on this forum wouldn't know.  Why do you not consider that Chud may be confined by the current O system...because refusing to consider this helps you to validate your bias towards Pep?

On 12/27/2015 at 11:04 AM, DougDew said:
On 12/27/2015 at 11:04 AM, DougDew said:

TY wants any QB to throw it downfield. Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how it helps to validate your bias for Pep.

Luck threw less down field when Chud was OC.  Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how it helps to validate your bias towards Pep.

MH isn't going to admit that he can't throw the deep ball.  Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how that helps to validate your bias towards Pep.

I use my own eyes and ears to judge what I see and hear...not someone else's propaganda.

The O stunk and in the NFL, the OC gets fired....if the team isn't going to release the QB.  You find an OC that helps to develop the QB..which Pep didn't do well enough if the reasons we were losing fell on Luck.  Think about why you are refusing to admit this and how doing that validates your biased opinion towards Pep.

Chud was not expected to be a savior, and he will probably go too unless there are real reasons why Chud is confined by the current O system....a situation that anybody on this forum wouldn't know.  Why do you not consider that Chud may be confined by the current O system...because refusing to consider this helps you to validate your bias towards Pep?

Do you just make this % up?     

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm

3rd most yards per attempt when Chud was calling the game

Also, please look at the turnovers per game.   All but one game with multiple turnovers did the Colts win.

The OC has almost no chance to succeed if the QB is giving the ball away