Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud called a hell of a game. Again.

zibby43

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Are we going back to the Pep shouldn't have been fired argument?

The offense stunk...stunk...the past two years during the games that Reggie was hurt.  When he was healthy, the offense worked.  There was even complaints two years ago on this very forum that Luck was targeting Reggie all of the time.  The O worked because Reggie could get open and had a catch radius of 8 feet.  Reggie consistently beating coverage also helped TY.

The O worked the past two years because of Reggie, not because of Pep.

Pep failed to recognize the loss of Reggie and couldn't adjust his play calling.  Chud adjusted the play calling but can't mix in enough go routes, deep post routes, and deep outs (like Pep always called) because MH doesn't have the arm for it.  Defenses have figured that out and are sitting on the short routes, like defenses did against Manning this year.  The rest of the year will be a struggle for the O, unless Luck comes back.  Chud has nothing to do with that

22-10  AFC Championship game  I think 90% of the teams in the NFL would take that

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

We learned last week that the system being run is Pep's .  His stench lingers.

I don't think it's the system that's the problem....

I think it's the terrible o-line combined with a limited QB.

The "system" that hurt was Pep's play calling.........     Chud is a better play caller,  even if the last two weeks haven't shown it.

Chud, like with Cam, needs a running QB with a big arm to have his entire playbook work.

Hasselback being injured has really hurt this offense the last 2 weeks and I'm not so sure we're running a complete Chud playbook either. It's still band aids to Pep's playbook, IMO.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think it's the system that's the problem....

I think it's the terrible o-line combined with a limited QB.

The "system" that hurt was Pep's play calling.........     Chud is a better play caller,  even if the last two weeks haven't shown it.

Pep installed his system.  It has some Oline block schemes and route trees that aren't optimal..as well as language that is rumored to be complex.  Working around these issues by stripping some plays out I don't think provides the same efficiency as if Chud was able to work with his entire system...which is why I say that Pep's stench lingers.

But yes, the main problem the past two weeks has been the limitations of the QB...and the oline shuffle hasn't helped.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Says the guy who thinks Pep Hamilton was a good coordinator. 

3 POINTS IN THE LAST 2 SECOND HALVES.  A TOTAL OF 16 POINTS IN THE LAST 2 GAMES!  1 FOR 9 IN THE REDZONE. 

AGAIN 3 DAMN POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2 GAMES!!!!!  AVERAGING LESS THAN 5 YARDS PER PLAY ON OFFENSE.

25% 3RD DOWN CONVERSIONS TODAY!!!!!

Pep Hamilton  Top 5 offense for the last 2 years.  22-11 record...  Luck setting records in his offense.  Afc Championship game

Please tell me how Chud is better?     

7 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

3 POINTS IN THE LAST 2 SECOND HALVES.  A TOTAL OF 16 POINTS IN THE LAST 2 GAMES!  1 FOR 9 IN THE REDZONE. 

AGAIN 3 DAMN POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2 GAMES!!!!!  AVERAGING LESS THAN 5 YARDS PER PLAY ON OFFENSE.

25% 3RD DOWN CONVERSIONS TODAY!!!!!

Pep Hamilton  Top 5 offense for the last 2 years.  22-11 record...  Luck setting records in his offense.  Afc Championship game

Please tell me how Chud is better?     

Pretty sure Luck was involved in the wins last year. Chud has had Andrew for 1 game this year a win over Denver.Chud has been very limited with Hasselback and the shufled line.

1 minute ago, ALL BLUE said:

Pretty sure Luck was involved in the wins last year. Chud has had Andrew for 1 game this year a win over Denver.Chud has been very limited with Hasselback and the shufled line.

Fair enough....    Lets hope next week is the big turn around.  Bad part about this argument is that Luck may actually be calling the plays.  If hes good the OC looks great, if not the OC gets blamed.   Which isnt fair to Chud just like it wasnt to Pep.

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

Fair enough....    Lets hope next week is the big turn around.  Bad part about this argument is that Luck may actually be calling the plays.  If hes good the OC looks great, if not the OC gets blamed.   Which isnt fair to Chud just like it wasnt to Pep.

Have a feeling that we wont see Luck next week,hope I am wrong.

27 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

22-10  AFC Championship game  I think 90% of the teams in the NFL would take that

How is scoring 10 points in a playoff game a good response for my post that claimed the offense stunk whenever Reggie wasn't healthy.  Those games span at least two 16 game seasons.

On 11/29/2015 at 5:29 PM, zibby43 said:

I was ecstatic when Chud was handed the reigns to the Colts offense.

However, I never expected he would put his mark on the offense so quickly.

Chud has done a masterful job of staying balanced and unpredictable in his play-calling.

Furthermore, Chud has been able to game plan for a 40-year-old, backup QB.  Today, Chud did a terrific job of designing ways to exploit the soft spots in the Cover/Tampa 2.

Really, really hope the Colts can hang on to Chud.

Yeah Manusky called a heck of a game as well.  

There's only so far this team can go with a 2-3rd string offense.  D played phenomenal allowing the Jaguars to score a mere 51 points.  

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

How is scoring 10 points in a playoff game a good response for my post that claimed the offense stunk whenever Reggie wasn't healthy.  Those games span at least two 16 game seasons.

It shows that the offense was plenty good without Reggie.  Obviously Reggie was a big part of it but Reggie was NOT GOOD last yr

It shows that the offense was plenty good without Reggie.  Obviously Reggie was a big part of it but Reggie was NOT GOOD last yr

Reggie was good enough before the elbow problem.  The O moved and TY got lesser attention.  But after the elbow, Reggie was not good, and neither was the O.  And this year it picked up where it left off last year.

8 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Well it could be Andrew Luck, Matt or Charlie seeming Matt may be banged up.  If Luck doesn't play I'd literally throw a grand on the Texans winning.  

haha

On 11/29/2015 at 5:29 PM, zibby43 said:

I was ecstatic when Chud was handed the reigns to the Colts offense.

However, I never expected he would put his mark on the offense so quickly.

Chud has done a masterful job of staying balanced and unpredictable in his play-calling.

Furthermore, Chud has been able to game plan for a 40-year-old, backup QB.  Today, Chud did a terrific job of designing ways to exploit the soft spots in the Cover/Tampa 2.

Really, really hope the Colts can hang on to Chud.

The complete lack of success today begs to differ with your point.  I thought he called 2 great games to start off and then has gotten worse each game since.  We were hopeless most of the game and our Red Zone offense was egregiously bad.  So I am not sure what genius you're referring to.  He barely used the Tight Ends, seldom ran crossing routes effectively, threw to a washed up Johnson multiple times to no avail in key downs.  I thought he was solid to start, but he was as miserable as our D was after Q1. 

The play calling, especially in the third quarter was really suspect.  It seemed like they just kept calling the same three plays over and over.  That just tells me Chud might not be the right guy for the job.  It in no way means firing Pep was a mistake.

I think there is something more telling here though, when the QB has played well this season rather it be Luck or Hasselbeck the play calling has looked good.  When the QB play has been poor the play calling has looked back.  I think the issue might be QB play

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

He was fired because he sucked. I can see how this hard for you to grasp.  If you don't get it, that's your problem, but it was blatantly clear to apparently everyone but you.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He was fired because he sucked. I can see how this hard for you to grasp.  If you don't get it, that's your problem, but it was blatantly clear to apparently everyone but you.

I guess Chud should be right behind him then.....    because it is not too hard to see that the offense is a lot worse now

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Coltfreak must be related to Pep.

No I am just not stupid,    The offense is not better.  In any way shape or form.  The only thing that will make it better is if Luck gets his head out of his butt and starts playing like he can.  If he plays like he did in thebegining of the season the texans will blow us out.

Who the OC is doesnt matter.  Can't believe you cant figure that out. Luck calls the plays and the protections.  He changes plays and audibles on almost every play.

No I am just not stupid,    The offense is not better.  In any way shape or form.  The only thing that will make it better is if Luck gets his head out of his butt and starts playing like he can.  If he plays like he did in thebegining of the season the texans will blow us out.

Who the OC is doesnt matter.  Can't believe you cant figure that out. Luck calls the plays and the protections.  He changes plays and audibles on almost every play.

Well if you say so.  Just don't have an OC at all, just let Luck do it all.

3 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah Manusky called a heck of a game as well.  

There's only so far this team can go with a 2-3rd string offense.  D played phenomenal allowing the Jaguars to score a mere 51 points.  

Have no idea whatsoever why you quoted my post addressing Chud.  Never said a thing about Manusky.

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

The complete lack of success today begs to differ with your point.  I thought he called 2 great games to start off and then has gotten worse each game since.  We were hopeless most of the game and our Red Zone offense was egregiously bad.  So I am not sure what genius you're referring to.  He barely used the Tight Ends, seldom ran crossing routes effectively, threw to a washed up Johnson multiple times to no avail in key downs.  I thought he was solid to start, but he was as miserable as our D was after Q1. 

Nice how you popped up after 1 bad game on the road with a banged up, 40-year-old backup QB, and an even more battered offensive line.

Why weren't you begging to differ earlier?

It's not Chud's fault that Matt H. has decided to completely stop going through his progressions.  I don't blame Matt.  The protection is starting to falter and he is beat to absolute crap. 

It's not Chud's fault that the o-line is missing arguably its best, most complete, and most important player.

It's not Chud's fault our offense likes to commit Red Zone penalties like they're going out of style.

It's not Chud's fault that Matty H. got strip-sacked - a play that COMPLETELY turned the momentum of the game.  Prior to that, the Colts were moving the ball and getting scoring opportunities.

At a certain point, the freaking players have to EXECUTE.

Was it Chud's best game?  No.  But he was far from being the only problem.  If you have not paid attention to the execution of the plays, particularly today, that have been called, there is no way I can have a serious football discussion with you.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The play calling, especially in the third quarter was really suspect.  It seemed like they just kept calling the same three plays over and over.  That just tells me Chud might not be the right guy for the job.  It in no way means firing Pep was a mistake.

I think there is something more telling here though, when the QB has played well this season rather it be Luck or Hasselbeck the play calling has looked good.  When the QB play has been poor the play calling has looked back.  I think the issue might be QB play

Some of that was Matty H. 

Bingo on the QB play issue.  It's not Chud's fault that Matt got happy feet/eyes

I cannot count how many times during the last 2 games that Matty H. has missed a completely wide open/uncovered WR/RB.  A few of the missed opportunities would've been for-sure TDs in the Red Zone.

Nope.  That's Chud's fault, according to JPFolks.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

Pep installed his system.  It has some Oline block schemes and route trees that aren't optimal..as well as language that is rumored to be complex.  Working around these issues by stripping some plays out I don't think provides the same efficiency as if Chud was able to work with his entire system...which is why I say that Pep's stench lingers.

But yes, the main problem the past two weeks has been the limitations of the QB...and the oline shuffle hasn't helped.

I think right now we might have the worst offensive line in football.

From the Center - Right.....     Harrison,  Thornton,  Good.

Currently 3 of the 5 are back-ups or players playing out of position.     We struggle to run as well as pass block.

Add a 40-year old QB who has limitations and suddenly we have a recipe for disaster.    Only TYH was a weapon today,  otherwise we got mostly nothing from everyone else.     Chu didn't get stupid overnight.    

I'm not sure how this gets better fast?    We've got Texas and Luck "might" be back this week.    Is Luck back enough to change things?     Not sure with this o-line?    

I think this is going to be a strange last 3 weeks to the season.....

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think right now we might have the worst offensive line in football.

From the Center - Right.....     Harrison,  Thornton,  Good.

Currently 3 of the 5 are back-ups or players playing out of position.     We struggle to run as well as pass block.

Add a 40-year old QB who has limitations and suddenly we have a recipe for disaster.    Only TYH was a weapon today,  otherwise we got mostly nothing from everyone else.     Chu didn't get stupid overnight.    

I'm not sure how this gets better fast?    We've got Texas and Luck "might" be back this week.    Is Luck back enough to change things?     Not sure with this o-line?    

I think this is going to be a strange last 3 weeks to the season.....

The team has struggled all season for various reasons.  I really don't care if we make the playoffs or how the remainder of the season unfolds.

5 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Crazy that Superman has his head burried in the sand..... and by in the sand I mean in his butt

Normally, I would let this remark stand on it's own intoxicating staggered legs. Not this time. You do realize the remark made above is directed at one of the most intelligent NFL guys I've ever come across in my 51 years of watching this league, right? Don't know what could possibly be the intent. But, you ramble on with the most incredulous insane comment I've seen here in 14 months. 

Seems it would serve some members well to investigate & digest thoughts before hitting the "reply"   icon. And not only that, especially when they're aimed at extremely educated, intelligent, and knowledgable NFL members of this forum.

But hey, roll on to the high-spirited nonsense that espouses from a distinct opposite. The colors that are shown, cannot contain the diagram of triangular pointed perfection from the University of High Thinking.

4 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Normally, I would let this remark stand on it's own intoxicating staggered legs. Not this time. You do realize the remark made above is directed at one of the most intelligent NFL guys I've ever come across in my 51 years of watching this league, right? Don't know what could possibly be the intent. But, you ramble on with the most incredulous insane comment I've seen here in 14 months. 

Seems it would serve some members well to investigate & digest thoughts before hitting the "reply"   icon. And not only that, especially when they're aimed at extremely educated, intelligent, and knowledgable NFL members of this forum.

But hey, roll on to the high-spirited nonsense that espouses from a distinct opposite. The colors that are shown, cannot contain the diagram of triangular pointed perfection from the University of High Thinking.

"The colors that are shown, cannot contain the diagram of triangular pointed perfection from the University of High Thinking. "

That's deep right there :funny:

When you have a QB who struggles to through anything further than 15 yards with a patchwork offensive line, I don't know that Bill Walsh could scheme that much better.  All teams have to do is play press and do shallow coverage.  When he does get off a longer pass, it usually works.   He doesn't do it much.

Chud is a good play caller.  He has a history of it.  Just watch when Luck is back and more guys are health.  Game he called against Denver was very good.

2 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

It's probably too deep for some, G. That's where drowning enters the picture. 

Once you put triangles into the equation ya made me have to think quite a bit I must admit. I am not nor never will be aspiring to major in geometry