Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud called a hell of a game. Again.

zibby43

I sure dont know what everyone is excited about.

This was the worst game the offense had produced all yr, against a not very good D.

4.7 yds per play and the red zone offense was the worst it has been in years. 

Frank Gore is up the middle runner, not an outside runner, and especially not behind  a new RT  that was making his first start in his first game. That was dumb play calling.  23 run plays against 42 pass plays.  Seems to me like the run got abandoned and that was a mistake.

Again remind me what was so good about the offense because I must have watched the wrong game.  Horrible in the first half and yes better but definitely not great in the second half, but they did enough to win.  The defense again won this game.  Why not start a thread about Manusky and what he has done with 1  legit playmaker on that side of the ball.

The run did not get abandoned at all.  The short passes were working beautifully.

Why continue to pound it for less than 2 YPC when Moncrief and Hilton are accounting for approximately 200 receiving yards?

Dude, with all due respect, your post makes zero sense.

And you conspicuously omit the fact that the offense had:

- 0 turnovers

- 300+ yards passing

- 100+ yards for Moncrief

- 2 TDs to Hilton

Yeah, that was our worst offensive game.

Not Buffalo.  Or against the Jets.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the worst game the offense had produced all yr, against a not very good D.

Frank Gore is up the middle runner, not an outside runner, and especially not behind a new RT that was making his first start in his first game. That was dumb play calling. 23 run plays against 42 pass plays. Seems to me like the run got abandoned and that was a mistake.

Again remind me what was so good about the offense because I must have watched the wrong game. Horrible in the first half and yes better but definitely not great in the second half, but they did enough to win. The defense again won this game. Why not start a thread about Manusky and what he has done with 1 legit playmaker on that side of the ball.

Pep, what are you doing on this forum? Go call 25 straight pass plays somewhere else

Frank Gore is up the middle runner, not an outside runner, and especially not behind  a new RT  that was making his first start in his first game. That was dumb play calling.  23 run plays against 42 pass plays.  Seems to me like the run got abandoned and that was a mistake.

Again remind me what was so good about the offense because I must have watched the wrong game.  Horrible in the first half and yes better but definitely not great in the second half, but they did enough to win.  The defense again won this game.  Why not start a thread about Manusky and what he has done with 1  legit playmaker on that side of the ball.

I didn't even see the game and I can tell you what everyone is excited about....

Our running game was terrible and yet we found a way to beat one of the hottest teams in the NFL.

It shouldn't have happened,  but it did.      We trailed by 6 and somehow shut out the Bucs in the 2nd half and won by 13.

And by the way,  that defense we played today was better than you give it credit for....

So,  how is it you're confused again?

There's nothing spectacular or overly imaginative about the play calling. While Pep was complete chaos, making virtually every play look excruciatingly difficult, Chud calls a smart, calm game. There's rhythm to the play calling.

You think we're running the same offense we ran under Pep?

Does it even remotely look like the offense Pep ran?

The play calling doesn't look different to you?

I think the playbook/plays are the same. Only thing thats changed is the frequency and timing of calling certain plays.

I didn't even see the game and I can tell you what everyone is excited about....

Our running game was terrible and yet we found a way to beat one of the hottest teams in the NFL.

It shouldn't have happened, but it did. We trailed by 6 and somehow shut out the Bucs in the 2nd half and won by 13.

And by the way, that defense we played today was better than you give it credit for....

So, how is it you're confused again?

That is a very good defense. Typical Lovie Smith/Dungy swarming to the ball. The were fast, active and tackled well.

On 11/30/2015, 2:29:48, Jcolt72 said:

I have not seen so many play action passing since Manning was QB.

I believe I read some where that it was the most play action used by the Colts in a while or highest percentage of PA this year, something like that.

I loved the play action...and it worked because we were committed to the run even when it wasn't working. I kinda wish we would have kept the runs up inside that seemed to work better since we didn't have the speed to get to the corner on the outside against them. A couple of play calls I had an issue with was the no-look flip toss to Gore there in the second half.....omg I about had a heart attack there in the stands. That play can be taken out of the playbook and I would be fine lol. The other was trying to throw a fade to TY when we got down close in the redzone ...didn't understand that when we got bigger targets like Coby or at least AJ/Dante that could work that route.  It was a well played and coached game....looked even better because of the W. As long as Matt doesn't take too many hits he should be fine. Even though he doesn't have the arm to really push it down the field or fit it into tight spaces if we play against zone defenses he is smart enough to find the holes.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I loved the play action...and it worked because we were committed to the run even when it wasn't working. I kinda wish we would have kept the runs up inside that seemed to work better since we didn't have the speed to get to the corner on the outside against them. A couple of play calls I had an issue with was the no-look flip toss to Gore there in the second half.....omg I about had a heart attack there in the stands. That play can be taken out of the playbook and I would be fine lol. The other was trying to throw a fade to TY when we got down close in the redzone ...didn't understand that when we got bigger targets like Coby or at least AJ/Dante that could work that route.  It was a well played and coached game....looked even better because of the W. As long as Matt doesn't take too many hits he should be fine. Even though he doesn't have the arm to really push it down the field or fit it into tight spaces if we play against zone defenses he is smart enough to find the holes.

That's one thing I'll say I haven't seen us take advantage of much this year.  You would think we would make more use of Andre Johnson in the red zone.  Seems like it would be money in the bank like it was when we played Houston. Box out with that big body and what not.  I think there's some plays we can make there.

On 11/30/2015, 7:33:00, RomanianColtsFan said:

Believe it or not, Nate Dunlevy of Colts Authority dislikes Chud so much that he won't renew his season tickets if Chud is still the OC next year.

I understand his argument about the running game, but the offensive line is weak. Any coordinator would have trouble running the ball.

On November 30, 2015 at 7:33:00 PM, RomanianColtsFan said:

Believe it or not, Nate Dunlevy of Colts Authority dislikes Chud so much that he won't renew his season tickets if Chud is still the OC next year.

It's Nate Dunlevy, so yeah, I believe it.

19 hours ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

OK,  I read it, and Dunlevy is a complete tool.     He's comparing Chud, who is working with a line that was sub-par to begin with and now has lost it's starting left tackle,  (Castanzo) and is playing a rookie seeing his first NFL action at right tackle (Good)     And he's comparing this make-shift line with what Pep has had to work with.

I can't say anything worse than tool otherwise,  the software goes to work on my post....  

I mean,  come on.....          :facepalm:

The only issue I have with the Chud Offense so far is it seems Dwayne Allen has been reduced to a blocker.  Doesn't seem we are utilizing his receiving skills much.  Coby Fleener has been featured mostly and is playing good so that's a plus.  However I still think we could involve Dwayne more.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎00‎:‎34‎, Malakai432 said:

Well as happy as I've been with the wins, I don't think the Colts D will hold the Steelers O under 500 yards. 40 points will most likely be needed to win it. It's going to be ugly, but anything could happen.

Agree.

On December 2, 2015 at 3:06:29 AM, NewColtsFan said:

OK,  I read it, and Dunlevy is a complete tool.     He's comparing Chud, who is working with a line that was sub-par to begin with and now has lost it's starting left tackle,  (Castanzo) and is playing a rookie seeing his first NFL action at right tackle (Good)     And he's comparing this make-shift line with what Pep has had to work with.

I can't say anything worse than tool otherwise,  the software goes to work on my post....  

I mean,  come on.....          :facepalm:

To me, the ironic part of his argument is that it comes from a man that despises the running game and sees it only as an auxiliary part of the offense ("Even if the overall play-call split in this game leaned heavily on the pass, it wasn’t heavy enough for my liking.").

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Superman said:

Oh, you're back from Ray Finkle Football Camp...

Enlighten me on how I am wrong....

Make some excuses.....  this will be good I am sure.\

The same excuses you make for this coordinator will magically not be relevant to the last one right?

51 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Enlighten me on how I am wrong....

Make some excuses.....  this will be good I am sure.\

The same excuses you make for this coordinator will magically not be relevant to the last one right?

We learned last week that the system being run is Pep's .  His stench lingers.

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Nope  it was awesome when we beat Denver,   so that can't be it

Its actually the fact that our vet QB can't provide a deep ball threat and the defenses have figured that out.  They are pressing the LOS and sitting on the short routes.  As Superman said.  Pep sucked...back when we had the deep threat QB.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Its actually the fact that our vet QB can't provide a deep ball threat and the defenses have figured that out.  They are our pressing the LOS and sitting on the short routes.  As Superman said.  Pep sucked...back when we had the deep threat QB.

How did we do so well the last 2 years then?

32 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

How did we do so well the last 2 years then?

Are we going back to the Pep shouldn't have been fired argument?

The offense stunk...stunk...the past two years during the games that Reggie was hurt.  When he was healthy, the offense worked.  There was even complaints two years ago on this very forum that Luck was targeting Reggie all of the time.  The O worked because Reggie could get open and had a catch radius of 8 feet.  Reggie consistently beating coverage also helped TY.

The O worked the past two years because of Reggie, not because of Pep.

Pep failed to recognize the loss of Reggie and couldn't adjust his play calling.  Chud adjusted the play calling but can't mix in enough go routes, deep post routes, and deep outs (like Pep always called) because MH doesn't have the arm for it.  Defenses have figured that out and are sitting on the short routes, like defenses did against Manning this year.  The rest of the year will be a struggle for the O, unless Luck comes back.  Chud has nothing to do with that

10 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I don't know who playbook it is but the play selection by chud has been awful these past 2 games....get rid of all the screen plays because they never worked and put more slants routes in and some plays today that were called just didn't make sense period

I've been calling for the end of screens since week one. 

For  some reason they are so slow developing for the Colts and really telegraphed. 

Take those out. 

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I've been calling for the end of screens since week one. 

For  some reason they are so slow developing for the Colts and really telegraphed. 

Take those out. 

The Colts haven't been able to run screen passes for the past 15 years.  Manning hardly ever did it well either.