Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any chance Luck is back for the Steelers game?

0.01%, no wait. Typo.

0.0%   Sorry.

I hoping by the time the Texans come to town, but think it might be the Dolphins or Titans game.   Luck has to be cleared for activity first, then light practice later.  finally full practice.  until he is at practice in full, no chance he will be playing.

They kept saying during the broadcast three weeks. I hope he comes back sooner.

Ah, I see. Yeah it's great Hasselbeck is doing what he's doing but Luck is still obviously the better choice. With Chud at OC and Luck back healthy I fully believe we'd be a legit contender in the AFC

Not sure we beat the Steelers with Matt though. Anything can happen I guess. Just keep on doing what he's doing

No one here knows and probably even Andrew doesn't know.

Here's the estimate by the ex San Diego Chargers team doctor for 17 years-

Luck_timetable_zpsouruxr09.jpg

I just hope by the Texans game, but could be later.  Don;t even think about him until you see Luck in Full Practice. {not activity or limited}

Any chance Luck is back for the Steelers game?

Yes,it's possible, anyone who says "No" doesn't understand the question.

Back on the sideline watching?  100%

Dressed and back on the field of play?  0.0%

Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't understand medicine/healthcare or differences between  bruised shoulders and sprains versus bleeding internal organs.

Back on the sideline watching?  100%

Dressed and back on the field of play?  0.0%

Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't understand medicine/healthcare or differences between  bruised shoulders and sprains versus bleeding internal organs.

Here we go again....

Do you not understand the thread question? I'd be more than happy to link you to a dictionary, but I think you'll come around after reading this.

Here we go again....

Do you not understand the thread question? I'd be more than happy to link you to a dictionary, but I think you'll come around after reading this.

Explain his question, by all means.

Dictionary away...  And I'll link you to some awesome medical sites...

Then make sure you also explain about the differences of a what a poster implies and what a reader infers.

Explain his question, by all means.

Dictionary away...  And I'll link you to some awesome medical sites...

Then make sure you also explain about the differences of a what a poster implies and what a reader infers.

Ok, here we go... so the question was "Any chance Luck is back for the Steelers game?"

So, Luck is not on IR, he's on the active roster and according to Coach Pagano he is "week to week".

Is there a chance Luck plays on Sunday? Absolutely, his status for next Sunday has not been declared, even if he has a %0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 to play, it's still a chance, therefore the answer to the OP is "Yes" anything other than "Yes" is factually incorrect, no matter how you look at it, this is factual and absolute. This is about as annoying to me as people who use there, their, and they're in the wrong context.

Now, if the question was, "Do you think there is Any chance Luck is back for the Steelers game?" Well then, No, I don't think Luck will be back for the game.

Hope I've helped you out.

Ok, here we go... so the question was "Any chance Luck is back for the Steelers game?"

So, Luck is not on IR, he's on the active roster and according to Coach Pagano he is "week to week".

Is there a chance Luck plays on Sunday? Absolutely, his status for next Sunday has not been declared, even if he has a %0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 to play, it's still a chance, therefore the answer to the OP is "Yes" anything other than "Yes" is factually incorrect, no matter how you look at it, this is factual and absolute. This is about as annoying to me as people who use there, their, and they're in the wrong context.

Now, if the question was, "Do you think there is Any chance Luck is back for the Steelers game?" Well then, No, I don't think Luck will be back for the game.

Hope I've helped you out.

Wow

OK. First, I can't find any quotes where Pagano says Luck is week to week, please produce it.  I have stuff like - "Asked whether Luck can do anything in terms of conditioning at the moment, Pagano suggested that wasn't in the immediate plans." from Nov. 16.

Here's the problem... nobody really cares if there's a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% chance.  In that case, there's a chance lightning could strike your electric pole and wipe out your computer circuits just before you hit send on your reply to my post.  The original question was posed with out a percentage.  This leaves it up to the reader to infer the meaning.  Here is what I inferred-

"Is there any reasonable basis to believe Luck will practice this week and start the in the Colts - Steelers game?"

The answer is no.  Why?  Not only is Luck is officially designated "Out" on injury reports, it is because of the nature of his injuries, that he is under medical observation.  Nobody will put Luck back on to the field until he is cleared by the MD's treating him.  There is a protocol for medically managing that condition, it is conservative and takes time. players will not be cleared until microscopic hematuria is resolved and a completely normal CT scan (and / or other tests).   This is typically 6 weeks, with 4-8 being the range before clearance to sports is given.They require extensive rest while healing is ongoing and resuming physical activity too soon can affect the healing process, too.  I don't know of any doctor that would sign off early for a return to sports on a Kidney laceration.  Since the typical recovery time frame and items of recovery have not yet been completed and clearance for even light activity, let alone non-contact practice, has manifest as of yet, I can conclude there is essentially 0% chance Luck will play vs. Steelers.   If you want to throw in a 1 somewhere way after the decimal point, be my guest.  It Will not put Luck on the field any sooner.

The American Journal of Sports Medicine ran a study on NFL players with kidney injuries.

All kidney injuries in the NFL from 1986 to 2004 were reviewed, including the type and mechanism of injury, treatment, and time to return to play.

Results: A total of 52 cases of renal injuries were identified, an average of 2.7 cases per season. The rate of kidney injury was 10 times greater during games (0.000055 per exposure) than practices (0.000005 per exposure) (P < .0001). Almost all the injuries were contact related (49). More than a third of the players required hospitalization for their injury (18), although none required surgery. All the athletes returned to play. The most days missed were after a kidney laceration (mean, 59.8), followed by kidney contusion (15.1) and dysfunction (14.0).

etc.. etc. etc...

So stay mired in your minutiae and baseless wishful thinking, but I'm going to continue to honestly answer, based upon known information to the best of my ability, the question they're asking which is how long before their starting QB (Luck) gets back on the the field out there.

Wow

OK.

Here's the problem... nobody really cares if there's a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% chance.  In that case, there's a chance lightning could strike your electric pole and wipe out your computer circuits just before you hit send on your reply to my post.  The original question was posed with out a percentage.  This leaves it up to the reader to infer the meaning.  Here is what I inferred-

"Is there any reasonable basis to believe Luck will practice this week and start the in the Colts - Steelers game?"

The answer is no.  Why?  Not only is Luck is officially designated "Out" on injury reports, it is because of the nature of his injuries, that he is under medical observation.  Nobody will put Luck back on to the field until he is cleared by the MD's treating him.  There is a protocol for medically managing that condition, it is conservative and takes time. players will not be cleared until microscopic hematuria is resolved and a completely normal CT scan (and / or other tests).   This is typically 6 weeks, with 4-8 being the range before clearance to sports is given. They require extensive rest while healing is ongoing and resuming physical activity too soon can affect the healing process, too. I don't know of any doctor that would sign off early for a return to sports on a Kidney laceration.  Since the typical recovery time frame and items of recovery have not yet been completed and clearance for even light activity, let alone non-contact practice, has manifest as of yet, I can conclude there is essentially 0% chance Luck will play vs. Steelers.   If you want to throw in a 1 somewhere way after the decimal point, be my guest.  It Will not put Luck on the field any sooner.

The American Journal of Sports Medicine ran a study on NFL players with kidney injuries.

All kidney injuries in the NFL from 1986 to 2004 were reviewed, including the type and mechanism of injury, treatment, and time to return to play.

Results: A total of 52 cases of renal injuries were identified, an average of 2.7 cases per season. The rate of kidney injury was 10 times greater during games (0.000055 per exposure) than practices (0.000005 per exposure) (P < .0001). Almost all the injuries were contact related (49). More than a third of the players required hospitalization for their injury (18), although none required surgery. All the athletes returned to play. The most days missed were after a kidney laceration (mean, 59.8), followed by kidney contusion (15.1) and dysfunction (14.0).

etc.. etc. etc...

So stay mired in your minutiae and baseless wishful thinking, but I'm going to continue to honestly answer, based upon known information to the best of my ability, the question they're asking which is how long before their starting QB (Luck) gets back on the the field out there.

some people (not you) just have to win the argument.

I actually feel this team stands just as good a chance to upset the steelers with hasselbeck ant quarterback. Luck is going to need to find his groove once he returns. I think Hasselbeck at this time is making great decisions with getting rid of the ball and executing the quick release. If we got down against the steelers, I can see Luck holding onto the ball and trying to do too much- trying to be Brett Favre in an attempt to save the play. dont get me wrong- Luck is and will continue to be the man but let's not take any chances whatsoever with rushing him back. We have Matt for a reason and it is clear he is comfortable right now and playing well.

Possible?     Sure.

Likely?         No.

And the odds/percentages are very, very, very much against.

Hopefully one more week out and then maybe we'll get lucky to get Luck back after 4 weeks......     but even then,  who really knows.......?            :peek:

Possible?     Sure.

Likely?         No.

And the odds/percentages are very, very, very much against.

Hopefully one more week out and then maybe we'll get lucky to get Luck back after 4 weeks......     but even then,  who really knows.......?            :peek:

not even really possible as the Colts said they weren't going to examin his injuries again until after the Steelers game. He's not coming back until after next week at the earliest and that's probably not likely.

Wow

OK. First, I can't find any quotes where Pagano says Luck is week to week, please produce it. I have stuff like - "Asked whether Luck can do anything in terms of conditioning at the moment, Pagano suggested that wasn't in the immediate plans." from Nov. 16.

Here's the problem... nobody really cares if there's a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% chance. In that case, there's a chance lightning could strike your electric pole and wipe out your computer circuits just before you hit send on your reply to my post. The original question was posed with out a percentage. This leaves it up to the reader to infer the meaning. Here is what I inferred-

The answer is no. Why? Not only is Luck is officially designated "Out" on injury reports, it is because of the nature of his injuries, that he is under medical observation. Nobody will put Luck back on to the field until he is cleared by the MD's treating him. There is a protocol for medically managing that condition, it is conservative and takes time. players will not be cleared until microscopic hematuria is resolved and a completely normal CT scan (and / or other tests). This is typically 6 weeks, with 4-8 being the range before clearance to sports is given.They require extensive rest while healing is ongoing and resuming physical activity too soon can affect the healing process, too. I don't know of any doctor that would sign off early for a return to sports on a Kidney laceration. Since the typical recovery time frame and items of recovery have not yet been completed and clearance for even light activity, let alone non-contact practice, has manifest as of yet, I can conclude there is essentially 0% chance Luck will play vs. Steelers. If you want to throw in a 1 somewhere way after the decimal point, be my guest. It Will not put Luck on the field any sooner.

etc.. etc. etc...

Sorry I don't buy into your hearsay, we will have to agree to disagree.

I fully expect you to eat crow when he returns before your mean 59.8 days which is of no relevance to this topic.

Sorry I don't buy into your hearsay, we will have to agree to disagree.

I fully expect you to eat crow when he returns before your mean 59.8 days which is of no relevance to this topic.

That's just a report I brought up for you so you and others can see the potential seriousness of that type injury based upon real NFL players in the past, but you can search out all my posts and you will find I found two weeks to be ridiculously ambitious, and at least 4 leaning toward 6 weeks is where I felt Luck would be out.  I still stand by that.  If he comes back for the Steelers game, I'll gladly eat the crow.