Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lacey taking 1st team reps

Colts20593

Ugh!

Second-year LB Kavell Conner and third-year CB Jacob Lacey worked with the first team defense during Monday's two training camp practices. Conner is in contention to replace former starter Clint Session, now with Jacksonville. Lacey is in line to take over for Kelvin Hayden, who has been released. Colts RapidReports

That boy better bring it this year then.

I wouldn't get to upset about that or anything else yet because they have only had 2 practices and the morning practice was Special Teams Practice. There will be a lot of shifting around later on in the camp. What surprises me is Reggie is saying nothing but good things about Painter so he may not be as bad as everyone thinks. Would rather have Peyton running camp but we have to take what we have right now. He has to earn his paycheck now so maybe that is a good thing.

I would much rather have Tryon on that spot. Lacey is a 4th stringer on any other team.

Agreed. Tryon has shown through his performance that he has the chops to be 1st team, I'm not sure that Lacey has really shown that yet.

Lacey is the new Tim Jennings / Keiwan Ratliff / Jason David

Tryon was one of the few bright spots of last year on D while Lacey took a huge step back from a promising rookie campaign.

We can only have faith our coaches will put the best players on the field, so let's hope Lacey being out there is a sign he's improved somehow

I've been saying since the old forum the Jacob Lacey is a diamond in the rough! Seriously, I just have a feeling about that kid... He's a chance taker and I think he's gonna jump some routes and make some huge plays for us this year and beyond. We've been lacking big play capability in our secondary for quite some time now. It'll be nice to get some turnovers for once. I'm calling two or more pick sixes for Lacey this season. Just remember that I said this, you'll see.