Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another reason to hope the Colts beat the Bucs tomorrow: Tie Breakers

swankdizzle

On a cold rainy day, some idle speculation about possible division tie breakers in AFC South.

Projection: Colts beat Bucs; Texans beat Saints; Texans lose to Bills and Patriots; Steelers beat Colts; Texans beat Colts; Colts beat Miami; Colts and Texans beat Jaguars and Titans;

Texans 9-7; Colts 9-7

Tie breakers

Head to Head: tie; Division Record tie; Common Games: tie; Conference Record: tie

5th Tie Breaker Strength of Victory: Colts: (Broncos 8-2, Falcons 6-4, Bucs 5-5, Miami 4-6); Texans:  (Bengals 8-2, Jets 5-5, Saints 4-6)

Colts win Strength of Victory tiebreaker.

So . . . we really want to win the Bucs game tomorrow. The Texans will want to beat the Bills on the road. Texans must beat Colts. We are rooting for Denver and Atlanta to get back on track. Jacksonville may have something to say about all this.

The Bucs are the type of team that will give us fits....I hope that Chud continues to do that voodoo that he do with Matt and we win? I watch Tampa Bay down here in southwest Florida as I chose to stop being extorted by Direct TV and their Sunday Ticket...hence local teams only and an occasional Colts' game thrown my way as a bone :cheer2:. It won't be easy....GO COLTS!

True. But this year definitely feels like it could be the one HOU gets away with it. Especially with Hopkins stepping up huge and Andre not doing anything with the Colts.

I dont get why everyone is high on the texans lately. they beat mettenbeger, dalton who never played well against them, and ryan fitzpatrick. not actually high end QBs

The Bucs are the type of team that will give us fits....I hope that Chud continues to do that voodoo that he do with Matt and we win? I watch Tampa Bay down here in southwest Florida as I chose to stop being extorted by Direct TV and their Sunday Ticket...hence local teams only and an occasional Colts' game thrown my way as a bone :cheer2:. It won't be easy....GO COLTS!

In addition to Winston being contained, we'll have to watch out for RB Doug Martin. This guy could be a sleeper against us.

Be careful.

True. But this year definitely feels like it could be the one HOU gets away with it. Especially with Hopkins stepping up huge and Andre not doing anything with the Colts.

Truth is this could be that year the pups actually beat the big dogs they'v been nippin at the Colts heels for years , Hopkins is a handful he has been tough to defend  .

IMO at the end of the day it will be a dog fight with the AFC south up for grabs , A close one no doubt @ this point it looks bad if our LT is questionable .

We'll find out today just how bad our O-line is without AC ..

Even without Luck, AJ will come out of hibernation against his old team... Also, we already know how T.Y. plays against Houston...

I wouldn't pick Houston to win in Indy if they were undefeated and we were winless... They didn't do it the year Peyton was out...

I'm being a little facetious, but I still don't think that Houston will win in Indy...

I'm just hoping that Big Ben misses the Indy game... Colts are favorites against the hardest team remaining on the schedule in that scenario.