Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How do you feel about Jim Irsay as an owner?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Media? I don't even have cable. But keep trying real hard to act like you have a clue. Just stick to calling anyone who disagrees with you a whiner.

And Rusty....../S = sarcasm.

And Jim Irsay is the owner, not his roll.

So if what you say is true then how do you know anything about Irsay and his twitter account? Have you ever had twitter contact with him? I have and it's not what the media has made it out to be. I did not call you a whiner, I called you uninformed. If your going to judge something maybe it would be a good idea to have some sort of knowledge about it before you use that as a guide on what you think you know.

Not sure where you're getting your information from, but his actions have clearly been to the contrary (i.e. peyton face of Colts and NFL, which Jim encouraged, doing same wit Luck). The only time he's drawing attention to himself, is when he's engaging with his consumers. That's just good business practice.

His handling of the Manning situation clearly showed his true self. Either that or he was high.

Jim Irsay is a good owner because he wants to win. He's done very well to put Polian and Grigson in place to manage the fortunes of this team. No other team in the league,except New England had fared better since Irsay became the owner. I don't care for him as a person, but that's really immaterial. We share a common interest and that is for the organization to be successful.

Obviously you don't. He loves the attention.

Nonsense. If he loved all that attention you think he does explain why he does quite a bit of good for the fans, the community and for charity that goes unreported? You obviously know very little about Irsay or you would know these things.

So if what you say is true then how do you know anything about Irsay and his twitter account? Have you ever had twitter contact with him? I have and it's not what the media has made it out to be. I did not call you a whiner, I called you uninformed. If your going to judge something maybe it would be a good idea to have some sort of knowledge about it before you use that as a guide on what you think you know.

Re read my original post. The /S at the bottom of post means that it was sarcasm.

And I know about his Twitter because I frequent a forum that discusses the Colts.....you may have heard of it.

Nonsense. If he loved all that attention you think he does explain why he does quite a bit of good for the fans, the community and for charity that goes unreported? You obviously know very little about Irsay or you would know these things.

The stupidity on twitter, the games that surrounded the release of Manning, say otherwise.

The stupidity on twitter, the games that surrounded the release of Manning, say otherwise.

In your opinion the stupidity on twitter. I have always followed Irsay on twitter and it was nothing like what you described. What do you mean the games surrounding Manning. He wrote Manning a huge check to ride the pine if I remember correctly. You can point the finger at Irsay but Manning signed a huge contract  knowing he was not healthy and took the money. No where in the history of the NFL has someone been paid so much to do zero. The Manning-Irsay stuff is a two way street.  

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Irsay personally, but I love his drive & commitment to winning. In addition, I also appreciate his honesty about his struggles with alcohol & pain addiction pills.

Jimmy listens to his fan base, is willing to open up his checkbook for roster improvements, & he's his own man. I have no issues with Irsay. He seems like a man of the people to me.

I used to have a slight problem with his and um press conferences & always having to open the roof at LOS when we played Peyton Manning as a Bronco, but that's water under the bridge now.

Jimmy's a savvy owner with faults & that's why he's awesome to me. It would be thrilling to see all his guitars & jam a little bit.  

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Irsay personally, but I love his drive & commitment to winning. In addition, I also appreciate his honesty about his struggles with alcohol & pain addiction pills.

Jimmy listens to his fan base, is willing to open up his checkbook for roster improvements, & he's his own man. I have no issues with Irsay. He seems like a man of the people to me.

I used to have a slight problem with his and um press conferences & always having to open the roof at LOS when we played Peyton Manning as a Bronco, but that's water under the bridge now.

Jimmy's a savvy owner with faults & that's why he's awesome to me. It would be thrilling to see all his guitars & jam a little bit.

Count me in, brother. I'll tote my Ludwigs to that jam session.

:)

Count me in, brother. I'll tote my Ludwigs to that jam session.

:)

I'm a percussion man myself, but you 2 can take extended solos on lead & rhythm guitar if you want my man.  :P

I want CS4 on bass & Bogie on keyboards too. I smell a lengthy record deal on the horizon fellas. Nice.  :thmup:

If we have any gifted drummers out there, they can lay down tracks because I think i'd be a better record producer anyway. I always wanted to try that.  Okay, I'm stop. 

It's fun to dream though isn't it? 

I have no problem with him as the owner. Glad he is not Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder

Truer words were never spoken with such clarity & resounding authority FFW. 4 thumbs up for the best post of this page. Come on Carolina. Finish the job & demolish Dallas with a turkey loss...

There's a big difference, in my opinion, between Jim the owner and Jim the person. I think that he's been a great owner for his team and fans. As a person , there are some issues that go beyond his addiction that I find less than savory.

Nope. I'm not gonna say it. Not today.

I'm not going to comment on him as an owner , but I'm impressed he bought Ringo's bass drum head from the Ed Sullivan Show for $2.1 million dollars. I think his rock and roll collection trumps his Colts collection.

I'm sure if you asked him nicely on twitter Jimmy would let you see both INDY's Lombardi Trophy & his most cherished music momentos and souvenirs TOC. 

Security guards will probably be present, but it's better than an iphone snapshot from a considerable distance right? 

I'm sure if you asked him nicely on twitter Jimmy would let you see both INDY's Lombardi Trophy & his most cherished music momentos and souvenirs TOC.

Security guards will probably be present, but it's better than an iphone snapshot from a considerable distance right?

I doubt he would let an old Baltimore boy in, but I like his Lennon guitars and other Beatles related items. Maybe he can pick up the letter where they fired Pete Best at the next auction ?

Truer words were never spoken with such clarity & resounding authority FFW. 4 thumbs up for the best post of this page. Come on Carolina. Finish the job & demolish Dallas with a turkey loss...

Just for clarification purposes, I wrote this line before Tony Romo got hurt again. I may despise the Cowboys, but Tony Romo is a nice guy born in WI & I never wanna see any talented player injured. Sorry man.

My condolences to your wife & children as you celebrate the holidays under the weather & not at full strength. 

I doubt he would let an old Baltimore boy in, but I like his Lennon guitars and other Beatles related items. Maybe he can pick up the letter where they fired Pete Best at the next auction ?

Your a okay in my book TOC. Jimmy would take you for a stroll around his collection no problem because that's the kind of guy he is. That's an idea: Send him a list of priceless merchandise you want & then you can look at these items once a year around New Years. 

It's a great arrangement. Jimmy pays the bill & you get to pretend it's all your stuff for a couple of hours. Not a bad deal eh?  :P

There's a big difference, in my opinion, between Jim the owner and Jim the person. I think that he's been a great owner for his team and fans. As a person , there are some issues that go beyond his addiction that I find less than savory.

So you think Kraft's off field issues are all good? At least Irsay hasn't been seen with a woman that is young enough to be his daughter real soon after his wifes death. They looked pretty cozy IMO.

I like Jim. He's definitely eccentric but he's a good owner. From what I've read about him and his upbringing he was not handed the silver spoon like many might expect. He had to work his way up in the organization and despite his father's failings Jim was able to learn from Robert's mistakes and has become a great owner. It's been nice to see Jim tasting some success the last 15 years or so. I think the biggest thing he did was let Bill Polian do his job without interference and I bet you that Bill Polian would tell you that Jim was great to work for. Jim is definitely all COLTS