Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Will Win 49Ers, Saints Game?

bap1331

San Francisco is a long drive from New Orleans so i doubt they can have a chance to get enough fans there. This isnt Miami or anywhere near for Saints fans to come and support their team.

I think the 49ers defense can hold the Saints offense to a low score. It will be up to the 49ers offense

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the 49ers win, but the way the Saints are playing right now, I can't see anyone stopping them. Not Green Bay, not New England, not anyone

They really didnt play all that amazing. The Lions gave away the game after the Saints had a two score lead. It was at home too!

49ers can pull it but i cant see Alex Smith scoring too much. Its gonna be all up to Frank Gore this game...

49ers can pull it but i cant see Alex Smith scoring too much. Its gonna be all up to Frank Gore this game...

I tend to agree but I think how well Smith plays will be the story of the game. The Saints are pretty good against the run so im not sure how much Gore will do. Should be a good game though.

I tend to agree but I think how well Smith plays will be the story of the game. The Saints are pretty good against the run so im not sure how much Gore will do. Should be a good game though.

yea i wonder which Alex Smith will show up...

the former labeled "bust" or the new Alex Smith

I really thought he was done for because ive never seen a quarterback take so long to develop. Besides maybe Eli Manning but he mostly lived through the pressure of following Peytons shoes...

They really didnt play all that amazing. The Lions gave away the game after the Saints had a two score lead. It was at home too!

I can't see the 49ers keeping up with the Saints. The Saints have put up over 40 points in their last 3 or 4 games and Brees is making it look easy. No team is going to score 40+ using their running game

I really hope the 49ers win, but the way the Saints are playing right now, I can't see anyone stopping them. Not Green Bay, not New England, not anyone

Saints are a lot different away from home. I think they should beat San Fran, but Green Bay can match them point for point. Especially if Greg Jennings is back.

i think they did play amazing, or at leat the offense did.....and the refs took the lions out.

49ers can definitely win. Saints are in the same spot as the Colts when they won the SB as a No.3 seed, hoping the Giants knock off the Packers so that they can host the conference championship game.

Saints' D - I am not sold on them yet vs the run. Alex Smith probably has the same advantage that Tim Tebow has, that opponents do not respect his passing ability that the box is going to be stacked vs the 49ers, so if he is efficient, the edge goes to the 49ers. Also, Jim Harbaugh stated that he has already started game planning for the Saints, much before he knew the Saints would win the wildcard game. Most teams do not do that but Jim took the chance to get a head start. For a physical team like the 49ers, it will make a huge difference for being fresher. It may be warmer in San Francisco than other cold weather places but the air will be heavy with a lot of moisture on the balls, IMO, and the field is definitely going to be something Jim Harbaugh is going to say "let it rain and get muddied up", just like Belichick did with Peyton in the early 2000s.

I think Green Bay will lose next week. They are being over hyped something terrible.

It could happen. I was saying to a friend at work awhile back before they played in the regular season that I had a feeling they'd meet twice this season and the Giants would be 1-1 in those games, but didn't know which they'd win. I'm still picking Green Bay, but a Giants win would not shock me.

Saints are a lot different away from home. I think they should beat San Fran, but Green Bay can match them point for point. Especially if Greg Jennings is back.

You know, people keep saying this, but the Saints have the best road record in the NFL over the last 3 seasons. 19-5 overall. Plus, the Saints offense is far more versatile than Green Bay's, and their defense is considerably better. The Saints are the best team in football right now. That's not even a debate; Drew Brees is better than Aaron Rodgers. The Packers will need a lot of help from their field.

That said, the 49ers need to make the game ugly and short to have a chance. Running games alone can't score enough, so Alex smith will have to play well. If the 49ers can't score, eventually the Saints will get more chances with the ball.

You know, people keep saying this, but the Saints have the best road record in the NFL over the last 3 seasons. 19-5 overall. Plus, the Saints offense is far more versatile than Green Bay's, and their defense is considerably better. The Saints are the best team in football right now. That's not even a debate; Drew Brees is better than Aaron Rodgers. The Packers will need a lot of help from their field.

That said, the 49ers need to make the game ugly and short to have a chance. Running games alone can't score enough, so Alex smith will have to play well. If the 49ers can't score, eventually the Saints will get more chances with the ball.

Of course they're going to win a lot of road games. They're still a good team, but their offense is not always as dynamic away from home. The weather won't be as favorable in late January as it was to start the season in September.

I think the 49ers will physically punish them and DE Aldon Smith continues to blow up.

Statboy doesn't get his numbers and N.O. who is 0-4 in playoff road games, loses....

49ers........23

N.O...........20

Aldon Smith is a monster. . .complete monster. It's not fair to already have Patrick Willis and then add in Smith.

I hear a lot of people saying that the Saints would have a tough time outdoors...I'm not saying that this is going to be an easy game for them, but San Francisco isn't exactly a vicious place to play, weather-wise. Right now the forecast for Sunday looks sunny and around 60.

I hear a lot of people saying that the Saints would have a tough time outdoors...I'm not saying that this is going to be an easy game for them, but San Francisco isn't exactly a vicious place to play, weather-wise. Right now the forecast for Sunday looks sunny and around 60.

It hasn't rained in so long. . It feels more like Fall here

it's going to be lights out in san francisco

drumroll... DING!

Blame the local BW3 for that!!! :)

Saints have all the momentum swung in this game with a turnover, Saints up 13-10 and Brees with the ball, boom, lights out, game delayed by half hour!!! I wonder who takes care of the irrigation sprinklers, BW3 again, I guess :)

I really think the Saints are the best team 2 out of 3 times. I wonder how dependent the Saints are on dome play. San Fran's field leaves alot to be desired. For those that don't remember A. Smith and A. Rogers were both drafted in the same year as first round picks. Smith was drafted ahead of Rogers. Don't know that means anything, but fun facts ....

Ok swami sez "Who Dat beat dem Saints?" 49'ers 24-17!

It's so nice to see Harbaugh having this level of success. As well as some of these 49ers players that have never been on such a big stage. Gore and Davis, two of the best in the league at their respective positions.

It's also nice to see NO choking to death.

You're aloud to hit a runner helmet-to-helmet.

Can't lead with the helmet on any player, which I was surprised they didn't call it. It would've been kinda sketchy, but they often call those, especially when the other guy gets half knocked out.