Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts coming to London!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted on here in a while, but just been confirmed that the Colts will play the Jags in London on October 2nd 2016

Finally going to get to see them in the flesh! Very excited.

Congrats to you.

Not so sure about the Colts though. Does anyone know the record for teams their first game back after being in London?

Am I the only one that hates this london game crap?

Why? I don't see anything wrong with trying to expand the game. Convert some of those young futbol hooligans into football players and BOOM the NFL has a pipeline for crazy special team players.

Am I the only one that hates this london game crap?

Nope, I dont like them either,  They are trying to force american football down their throats.  The WLAF didn't work so why try putting an NFL team 3500 miles away from the rest of the league. its ridiculous 

I'm not saying I can't understand the point of view of those that don't like the international series but for me an English Colts fan it's great news and about the only chance I will ever get to see the Colts play. I would love to come to Indy and the LOS but I have a young family to support and its not going to happen. I would think it is more annoying for jags fans as its a home game for them. I'm still torn on if we actually need to franchise here full time but there's no denying the popularity here of the international series of games.

I'm happy for you guys who will get to see them in person now, but outside of that, I absolutely HATE the London games. The travel is INSANE for the team, and I can only imagine how much this messes up schedule, routine, and recovery time. I so wish the Colts were not a part of this ridiculousness. 

I heard the tickets sell out in like 5 minutes once they become available.

It's not that bad, they sell the three game "season" bundles first then put individual game tickets on sale later, plus they usually have returns from the home teams/players allocations. Just need to decide whether to renew my existing seat (club level behind the end zone) or try and get somewhere better.

I'm happy for you guys who will get to see them in person now, but outside of that, I absolutely HATE the London games. The travel is INSANE for the team, and I can only imagine how much this messes up schedule, routine, and recovery time. I so wish the Colts were not a part of this ridiculousness.

I don't thinks it's that much worse than traveling to the west coast. And since when did NFL players become such delicate butterflies? The horror of taking a private plan to London to play a football game......

As long as the Colts sell out all their home games they'll never play a home game outside of Indy. Only teams like the jags, raiders, and bucs that don't sell out at home will have home games in London or where ever the nfl goes next.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• In reality they are probably right to point out that most GMs in the league don't have long enough track record to be free of small sample bias one way or the other. It's very likely if you gave every GM 100 drafts, their draft success will tend to converge toward the average. BTW, I wonder where Grigson would be on those graphs. I would guess pretty high thanks to drafting Luck and TY Hilton(similar to HOU in this graph thanks to Deshaun Watson). Just another reminder that even though those graphs might be useful in some cases you have to keep in mind their limitations and biases.
    • Doug...  these anti-Watson rants have gone from bad to worse.   Other posters here have noted you make it sound personal.   You have mischaracterized most everything that has happened.   Watson has a lot of support around the NFL.   I’d say far more support than dont.   I don’t pretend to know how this is going to finish?   But I hope you can lower the temperature here...   I don’t think it’s helpful.   Just my two cents...     
    • Yeah, if Miller or Haeg had the WHOLE resume and the talent of Godwin maybe we should. Worth pointing out that this was probably the worst stretch of Godwin's career (and it was mainly thanks to drops). I think he had like 7 drops in the playoffs while never having more than 2 in a whole season previously. I would personally consider that a freaky happenstance, and trust the much bigger sample of him being a very reliable catcher of the football. Also, it's not me that's taken it here. YOU just did.   I've already pointed out several times that this is NOT my 'take', but rather a guess on part of the explanation on the Bucs place in those graphs. So why do you keep going with this? At this point I am considering this bad faith exchange on your part. On the second part - yes, it would have to be taken in consideration(if they were up for trade and tied in similar contracts, rather than Godwin being a FA). BTW Godwin is one of the players we should consider breaking Ballard's bank on this FA. Insert Whynothaveboth.gif Agree with this. Evans is both better and more valuable than Godwin. Worth pointing out that both Superbowl teams had premier pass catching weapons as it relates to our discussion on the value of the position.  
    • Without contact?   I don’t think that’s true.   His knee injury this year was a helmet to his knee while his foot was planted.   He had 3-4 injuries his rookie year, I think only the foot injury was non contact.     Campbell had no significant injuries in college.  Think he played 38-39 games in three years.  
    • I haven't payed a lot of attention to CBs yet, but Trill seems to check almost all of the boxes for what we look for in a corner (haven't seen any arm length figures yet, but length is a common positive I've seen for him, so im3 assuming he hits the marks). I'm really intrigued and need to check out some more film of him.
  • Members

• tdblue17

tdblue17 6

Rookie
    • BlueShoe

BlueShoe 522

• ScotColt

ScotColt 183

• BillHill

BillHill 6

Rookie
    • CR91