Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers hit on Freeman

I thought even with out showing signs they take people out

How does that make any sense?

Just because the hit concussed Freeman does not mean it did the same to Geathers. Geathers delivered the hit, I'm sure it felt great to him. Hell, Geathers' head wasn't even involved in the hit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Goff isn't bad, probably above average but I would much rather get Stafford. 
    • So I’ve thought about it, and I’m at least willing to consider it as an option.   I’ve said all along that Phil knew that next year was it no matter what. So his plans for 2021 hinged on our plans because he wasn’t going to go somewhere else and go through the process of learning a new playbook, new coaches, new guys, all of that for just one season. Unless it was an unprecedented situation like the Chiefs trading us Mahomes for a 7th because Andy needs some Uncle Phil in his life.    And to his credit, Phil beat Father Time this year. But that just meant it was more likely that he didn’t next year. It’s a reasonable bet that Phil returning in 2021 wouldn’t be quite as good as Phil was in 2020. At his age that is the expectancy.    Maybe Ballard decided to build forward instead because of that. There’s plenty of people around here who say we’re still a couple of years away from being ready to compete for a SB. If Ballard agrees then I can definitely see him deciding to let Phil walk and get the new guy in here and get him comfortable. See what happens in 2021 so that in 2022 we feel like we’re truly ready to compete. Or at least on the very edge of being ready to by that point.    And Phil is a competitive guy. He wouldn’t have come here if he didn’t feel like we weren’t a playoff team. I just find it a bit surprising that he chose to walk away from a team that is ready to contend for the playoffs and could realistically get hot and go on a real run in the playoffs.    So yeah, I’m willing to believe it’s at least plausible that Ballard made the difficult decision to Ol’ Yeller Uncle Phil which forced Phil’s hand because it was us or nobody.    And as has been pointed out, Phil may even come out better for it. The discovery of his charisma in 2020 got noticed. And think about the market for a minute... Star QBs make the needles move the most. We’ve got a generation of QBs retiring and Phil is in a good spot. Manning won’t go into the booth. Brees probably won’t. Brady won’t. No one wants Ben. Eli wouldn’t be good. Rodgers is still too many years away. So Phil is the right guy for the right time in a way. He’s gonna wind up making damn good money in the announce booth working a whole lot less. Good for him. 
    • Look at it like this. Houston is in for a rebuild without Watson. They will have the draft capital for a quick rebuild if they do trade Watson. Culley will have his work cut out for him if Watson leaves regardless. If Culley fails and they part with him in 2-3 years, Houston still helped their image. If Watson stays, Culley will be under pressure immediately. Either way, it's up to him to sink or swim, but either way, Houston (the org) wins.
    • looks like Goff (& his insane contract) may now be in play too   IMO: no thanks, but maybe Ballard/Reich have a different opinion
  • Members

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,515

• Gigc

Gigc 178

• ztboiler

ztboiler 286

• coltsva

coltsva 1,700

• The Old Crow

The Old Crow 739

• CR91