Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coby Fleener's interception [Merge]

Indyfan4life

Once I saw Fleener go in to play Deep Safety,  I thought of all the Colts fans -- Fleener Haters -- who probably thought....

"If I'm Atlanta,  I'm going to throw it towards Fleener,  because he drops EVERYTHING,  and he can drop it right into the hands of a Falcons WR and they'll score the winning touchdown!"

Admit it.....    deep down inside,  you were actually thinking that,  weren't you?!      Don't deny it!      Sure you were!

Once I saw Fleener go in to play Deep Safety, I thought of all the Colts fans -- Fleener Haters -- who probably thought....

"If I'm Atlanta, I'm going to throw it towards Fleener, because he drops EVERYTHING, and he can drop it right into the hands of a Falcons WR and they'll score the winning touchdown!"

Admit it..... deep down inside, you were actually thinking that, weren't you?! Don't deny it! Sure you were!

I fully expected it.

Nice int Coby! Random stat. I am pretty sure that's the first game in NFL history to have a tight end pick off a pass and have an O linemen catch a pass for a gain. Reitz should have gotten the first down on that too!

I wish Ritz would have put his head down and dove forward instead of doing the QB slide. He is sure to catch grief in the locker room over that

Once I saw Fleener go in to play Deep Safety, I thought of all the Colts fans -- Fleener Haters -- who probably thought....

"If I'm Atlanta, I'm going to throw it towards Fleener, because he drops EVERYTHING, and he can drop it right into the hands of a Falcons WR and they'll score the winning touchdown!"

Admit it..... deep down inside, you were actually thinking that, weren't you?! Don't deny it! Sure you were!

I was just thinking Julio Jones would out jump him like he did Toler on that incomplete pass before the hail Mary

Which I'm sure Julio would out jump Fleener

Oh, you are one of those guys who calls in......

J/K :)

Yeah, basically what I told the sports talk radio host was "if Julio Jones, Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski could all be used for hail mary plays, why can't we use Coby Fleener or AJ for the same?" :)

i was quite angry to see that big man slide as opposed to punish the person in front of him. No wonder that oline stinks, they don't like to punish the player in front of them. I was cussing just a bit over his play

Yeah, I thought the same. But then, given his own injury history and how the best ability for a player is availability, I understand why he did that. It is not like it is a play they practice all the time, so he was in a state of shock throughout, lol :)

I don't think sending TE's and WR's in for Hail Mary plays is all that odd guys.  

Actually I think it's rather typical.  Really in that instance you just want to get your tallest guys in there because it's basically like a basketball play where everyone is going for the rebound.  

The only difference is that if you are on defense you job is more to prevent them from getting the rebound before it hits the ground then it is to actually rebound it yourself.