Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yikes! Jackson and Freeman have a Combined

throwing BBZ

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts need Myles JAck. But we need almost every other position. Next year, NEW ILB's, RT, C, DL, OLB(3), S, CB2

Imo we will need a RB as well.

From my point of view ILB now will have to take a seat for a RT, C, OLB.  Which really sucks because we could've had one of those positions taken care of already.

The inability to understand why BPA is the best long game strategy is getting about as old... As a Colts ILB.

Get over it.

just cause Grigson was too stupid to know what the BPA was at our pick don't mean everyone else was and don't give me the whole BPA on our board crap. cause if ILB wasn't high on our board then that alone shows how stupid Grigson is. So there is a player better then the player we took available and even at a position of need and us fans should think that's a smart way to draft? OK lol

Btw speaking of long game strategy whouldnt a better long game strategy be to pick the better player and top player in the draft at a position of need when the starters are getting old as hell?? You would think so unless you come to this damn board and read all the homers

just cause Grigson was too stupid to know what the BPA was at our pick don't mean everyone else was and don't give me the whole BPA on our board crap. cause if ILB wasn't high on our board then that alone shows how stupid Grigson is. So there is a player better then the player we took available and even at a position of need and us fans should think that's a smart way to draft? OK lol

Btw speaking of long game strategy whouldnt a better long game strategy be to pick the better player and top player in the draft at a position of need when the starters are getting old as hell?? You would think so unless you come to this damn board and read all the homers

The way that you introduce drafting for need into a BPA discussion shows you just don't get it...

Carry on.

no I said why not get the BPA when the BPA happens to be a need so yeah carry on

that's how you get someone like Bjorn werner..... also WR is kind of a position of need incase you haven't noticed our only true WR for the future at the time of the draft was t.y hilton and donte Moncreif. I'm a huge whalen fan but come on even I didn't have him making it on the team this year.

no I said why not get the BPA when the BPA happens to be a need so yeah carry on

also long term stradegy wise don't YOU think it would be smarter to pick someone at a somewhat dwindled position and let 2 people who are still on contract play out another year while you bring in 2 free agents and draft one in hopes a better ilb comes up in the next draft or are you just looking at the small picture not the big one?

1 Forced fumble

1 sack

1 pass defended

0 interceptions

Yes Jackson has a huge number of assists.

Freeman has 0 passes defended! And he is our best against the pass. lol

A combined look at Cole, Walden and Werner is just as sad.

I dont think you can judge linebackers by those four cherry-picked stats

Once we get a good ILB, we will have a need for a good OL. Then we will need a great CB. Oh' we need a good RB. Etc.

But this is Irsay's fault. Or is it Pags? Or maybe it is Sal Ary Caps fault?

Sorry.

You do make a good point BHC. Some Colts fans on here find a flaw with every unit on our football team no matter what week it is even if we barely won the game. 

You just can't excel at every position [Defense, secondary, special teams, or running back] since there is only so much money to go around. Every squad has a weakness somewhere no matter what. 

All I want is better coaching & halftime adjustments with whatever new regime we get on the sidelines next year.

Part of our Freeman's problem is that he over pursues & doesn't practice gap containment as well as he initially did when we first signed him in INDY. 

that's how you get someone like Bjorn werner..... also WR is kind of a position of need incase you haven't noticed our only true WR for the future at the time of the draft was t.y hilton and donte Moncreif. I'm a huge whalen fan but come on even I didn't have him making it on the team this year.

no it's not how you get someone like Werner he wasn't the best player available when we picked that year it was Xavier Rhodes. why didn't we pick him that year huh? Guess Grigs didn't think we needed him since we had Toler and Vontae yet he will take a WR when we had TY AJ and Moncrief.

no it's not how you get someone like Werner he wasn't the best player available when we picked that year it was Xavier Rhodes. why didn't we pick him that year huh? Guess Grigs didn't think we needed him since we had Toler and Vontae yet he will take a WR when we had TY AJ and Moncrief.

Andre btw gets a lot of flak on this forum but he's 3rd in receiving yards for the team

Nothing anyone can say to make me think that Dorsett pick was a good pick

Landon Collins, would've been great to have him right now with Adams being hurt. But guess Geathers will suffice

Have to admit I wanted Collins, Dorrest may become great, but I agree you don't draft to the strength of the team when you have holes else where.

Andre can't catch balls that aren't thrown his way. I think he has not been used to his best skill set, & my biggest problem with Pep is he didn't know how to use all the weapons we have.

I think Chud is gonna utilize him more as the season goes on. The Denver game plan was simple, run the ball and use the Tight Ends

Atlanta has more of a weaker defense so everyone should be getting involved Sunday

Have to admit I wanted Collins, Dorrest may become great, but I agree you don't draft to the strength of the team when you have holes else where.

Yep. WR may not have had experience or whatever people wanna use a an excuse to why Dorsett was taken, but we have enough pass catchers. We don't have enough pass rushers or run stoppers though. That's what the draft should've been for

If he didn't like Collins or Brown at that pick, trade back. Don't take a WR we don't need

Collins was obviously the answer

Pro Football Focus certainly is not fond of Collins' work thus far. The rookie is 82nd out of 84 safeties graded by PFF with a score of -9.1. He is dead last in coverage at -9.8, was allowed four touchdowns and the 340 yards he has allowed in pass coverage is the most of any safety. He has also been credited with 10 missed tackles. Alarmingly, and tellingly, the only safety in the league who has missed more tackles in Brandon Meriweather of the Giants, with 14.

Get ready for all the draft geniuses on this board to tell you that you don't draft to fill holes you draft BPA if you want to be successful.

Yep. WR may not have had experience or whatever people wanna use a an excuse to why Dorsett was taken, but we have enough pass catchers. We don't have enough pass rushers or run stoppers though. That's what the draft should've been for

If he didn't like Collins or Brown at that pick, trade back. Don't take a WR we don't need

I will disclose openly that I am no draft guru nor do I wish to become one. Yes, I know Dorsett has speed, good hands, & krunk's suggestion that Phillip might be an asset on special teams did ease my frustration & fears somewhat. But this BPA default position rhetoric is getting old. There's no way any GM can just ignore gapping holes on either line while they keeping stocking up on positions that are overflowing in consecutive drafts that's just insane to me Mr. BB & TK. I agree fellas. No one is claiming you take any athlete at your most vulnerable need of course. But this notion that you must always take the BPA is absurd to me. 

It's like buying 1,000 timing belts for your car when all it needs is one reliable water pump to run smoothly. 

I will disclose openly that I am no draft guru nor do I wish to become one. Yes, I know Dorsett has speed, good hands, & krunk's suggestion that Phillip might be an asset on special teams did ease my frustration & fears somewhat. But this BPA default position rhetoric is getting old. There's no way any GM can just ignore gapping holes on either line while they keeping stocking up on positions that are overflowing in consecutive drafts that's just insane to me Mr. BB & TK. I agree fellas. No one is claiming you take any athlete at your most vulnerable need of course. But this notion that you must always take the BPA is absurd to me.

It's like buying 1,000 timing belts for your car when all it needs is one reliable water pump to run smoothly.

totally agree man we had too many holes and there was really good players available at positions of need when we picked no reason to stock pile WRs

If you think our wide receiver core was and is so talented then I suggest you go back to last year and look at the AFCC game against New England!