Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barry Cofield Works Out For Indy

krunk

Wierd, I know he is long in the tooth. But why was he released? And why still available?

Mostly some injuries and salary cap figure. He's 31 so he's up there but I wouldn't consider him ancient.

He has a lot of position versatility. Can play every position on the DL, so he's not just limited to nose tackle.

Solid run stuffer, and can push the pocket against the pass. Maybe he's healthy now, or at least they are trying to make that determination from the workout I suppose.

Mostly some injuries and salary cap figure. He's 31 so he's up there but I wouldn't consider him ancient.

He has a lot of position versatility. Can play every position on the DL, so he's not just limited to nose tackle.

Solid run stuffer, and can push the pocket against the pass. Maybe he's healthy now, or at least they are trying to make that determination from the workout I suppose.

agreed

As long as he's not making a fortune, they can try him out, if he can't cut it, they cut him and move on to the next bottom of the barrell guy that they have to choose from.  Folks need to realize there's not a lot of options out there.  You're not going to get a top prospect, they are going to have flaws/reasons why no one to this point have signed them.  

I hope this was last week. Makes no sense to bring him in few days before the game. Unless for future considerations.

Why would you think this move would have anything, specifically, to do with Atlanta? This would be a long term move (meaning, the rest of this season), barring injuries or any other setbacks.

Why would you think this move would have anything, specifically, to do with Atlanta? This would be a long term move (meaning, the rest of this season), barring injuries or any other setbacks.

Well I don't know maybe because we lost probably our best run stuffer in Anderson 2 weeks ago. Now we're going against Atl who's been killing it with Freeman.

Well I don't know maybe because we lost probably our best run stuffer in Anderson 2 weeks ago. Now we're going against Atl who's been killing it with Freeman.

This week, Atlanta, is immaterial as far as this possible signing goes.

You're right that this would be in large part to help fill Anderson's void. A void that needs to be filled for the rest of the year, not just this week. So whether our next game is tomorrow or in a week is irrelevant.

This week, Atlanta, is immaterial as far as this possible signing goes.

You're right that this would be in large part to help fill Anderson's void. A void that needs to be filled for the rest of the year, not just this week. So whether our next game is tomorrow or in a week is irrelevant.

If you read my first post I actually answered my own question at the end.

Future consideration is certainly one possible reason to try him out, but they also could have signed him immediately and it would have made plenty of sense.

Yeah, so they must not feel an immediate need. Would of been nice to bring him in last week if he improves what we have.