Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-Game Twitter Thread: Week 11 - @Atlanta Falcons

TKnight24

Chuck Pagano said on his radio show that the move to bring up Daniel Adongo comes from the team “looking for a boost on special teams”

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 17, 2015

Chuck Pagano said on his radio show that the move to bring up Daniel Adongo comes from the team “looking for a boost on special teams”

Mod edit: Please see this announcement: http://forums.colts.com/forum-4/announcement-85-new-1-thread-for-all-pregame-media-tweets-and-stories/

In an effort to keep the boards more organized in the week leading up to a game, we will have one thread for all tweets and media stories related to the upcoming game.

November 17, 2015

Well, because Pagano said it, I now discount the very statement.  When he says ANYTHING about special teams, I give it about a 4% chance of succeeding.

I think its more than that. Outside of that Denver punt return what kind of boost did we need on special teams? I do agree he will be playing special teams but I still maintain they have more planned for him than that.

Replacing Dwayne Allen hopefully on punts. He let the Denver guy run right by him.

But Adongo is gonna get defensive snaps. Especially if Newsome & Werner continue to be M.I.A.

I think its more than that. Outside of that Denver punt return what kind of boost did we need on special teams? I do agree he will be playing special teams but I still maintain they have more planned for him than that.

Well, for now I think it really has to do with the fact that they think he is the best option on special teams (I'm hoping punt return more than anything as that's going to give him the most realistic pass rush work).  I dno't think that Pags is making the move with the intent of getting Adongo defensive snaps.  Though that could change.  Perhaps the "it's more than that" hunch you have has to do with the inevitable scenario where he'll eventually get snaps on defense because of injuries, someone under-performing or whatever else have you.  It could also mean just simply getting more in-game experience as the next step in his development.  Adongo will eventually get his opportunities on defense, but for now, it's certainly encouraging that he's getting in on special teams.  I'll be pulling for him.  

Is he fast enough to play special teams and be a difference maker, or is he just a large body to block better at the line? And has he demonstrated that ability to this point where he was such a standout we'd bring him in for that purpose only?  I don't see it. 

I was curious, how come that punt wasn't kicked out of bounds?? Denver had like 0 time outs and what not. I mean I know it's been like a week plus since the game now, but it just seems like that's where Pat was kicking towards, maybe he just hit it weird and it didn't go out like he wanted?

I was curious, how come that punt wasn't kicked out of bounds?? Denver had like 0 time outs and what not. I mean I know it's been like a week plus since the game now, but it just seems like that's where Pat was kicking towards, maybe he just hit it weird and it didn't go out like he wanted?

Because Pagano is an ignoramus who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.  His situational awareness is nil and I think he missed they day they taught football in football coaching school.

Or maybe it's because Denver's normal return guy (Sanders) was not back there and they had a guy who had not returned a punt in like two years so the chances of him muffing the punt were greater than the chance of him returning it for a TD, so they had PattyMac kick it towards the sideline so if he muffs it the Colts can try to recover, if he returns it the he's working in a condensed area so he should be fairly easy to tackle or knock out of bounds.  Instead you have Allen and a couple of other guys misjudge when they needed to attack the ball carrier and let him run right past.

ill translate what Pagano is trying to say. The move for Adongo is to boost special teams= Our pass rush sucks bad right now and we are hoping that this project player that has been developing or whatever for 3 years now can come in and make something happen

The Colts are back on the practice field. Mike Adams (ankle) is not though. Another day of observing for the NFL's interceptions leader

November 19, 2015

The Colts are back on the practice field. Mike Adams (ankle) is not though. Another day of observing for the NFL's interceptions leader

Don't think I saw D'Qwell Jackson (hamstring), but some guys were wearing different number so not 100% on that. Some big D injuries to watch

November 19, 2015

Don't think I saw D'Qwell Jackson (hamstring), but some guys were wearing different number so not 100% on that. Some big D injuries to watch

So if Adams can't go, can we start Geathers next to Lowery? I really don't care for Colt Anderson starting at safety. He's decent on special teams, but I'll take Geathers on defense over him

I havent even noticed geathers the last couple of weeks

I only look for 2 dread headed players. Lowery & Geathers

Geathers has made plays that don't show up on the Stat board. I noticed him in the Denver game, was always around the ball. Just got beat to the tackle.

What is with this team and starting sub par talent even after we have all seen it, we have a rookie safety waiting in the wings that nobody knows what he can do yet, but nope im almost 100% sure Anderson is going to start again and continue to stink up the secondary. I could write a novel listing examples of this in the last 4 years.

Greg Manusky says there will definitely be times where Vontae Davis shadows Julio Jones on Sunday. Manusky says the DBs need to play better.

November 19, 2015

Greg Manusky says there will definitely be times where Vontae Davis shadows Julio Jones on Sunday. Manusky says the DBs need to play better.

Manusky on if he expects to have Mike Adams on Sunday: “We’ll see.” Adams has missed the past two days of practice.

November 19, 2015

Manusky on if he expects to have Mike Adams on Sunday: “We’ll see.” Adams has missed the past two days of practice.

Chud said Andrew Luck is around a lot right now helping through the offensive transition (OC and QB). “He’s helping in a lot of ways."

November 19, 2015

Chud said Andrew Luck is around a lot right now helping through the offensive transition (OC and QB). “He’s helping in a lot of ways."

Chud reiterates what Chuck Pagano says about needing to teach Luck when to hone in on scramble type plays. “When to say no."

November 19, 2015

Chud reiterates what Chuck Pagano says about needing to teach Luck when to hone in on scramble type plays. “When to say no."

As was observed earlier, Mike Adams (ankle) and D’Qwell Jackson (hamstring) both missed their second straight day of practice on Thursday.

November 19, 2015

As was observed earlier, Mike Adams (ankle) and D’Qwell Jackson (hamstring) both missed their second straight day of practice on Thursday.

So some major impact defenders to watch on Friday's injury report. Colts obviously without Henry Anderson already. Maybe Jackson/Adams, too?

November 19, 2015

So some major impact defenders to watch on Friday's injury report. Colts obviously without Henry Anderson already. Maybe Jackson/Adams, too?

If Adams is out the Birds could put up 50 on Toler alone....  I worry a lot about what Freeman is going to do.  Run D better be ready, because this will be this biggest test for them all year.  I am not counting the Saints game...  that was as unprepared as a team can be...  Pags should have been fired for the lack of effort in that game.  Freeman could go for 150 in the blink of an eye

If Adams is out the Birds could put up 50 on Toler alone.... I worry a lot about what Freeman is going to do. Run D better be ready, because this will be this biggest test for them all year. I am not counting the Saints game... that was as unprepared as a team can be... Pags should have been fired for the lack of effort in that game. Freeman could go for 150 in the blink of an eye

I'm almost positive the :flyingelvis: game was the biggest test of the season. But I see your point