Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D'joun Smith back in lineup

twfish

The @Colts have activated rookie CB-D’Joun Smith from the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list. Roster back to the mandated 53 number.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 16, 2015

The @Colts have activated rookie CB-D’Joun Smith from the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list. Roster back to the mandated 53 number.

The Colts back on the practice field today after their bye week. Mike Adams watching today's rare Monday practice

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 16, 2015

The Colts back on the practice field today after their bye week. Mike Adams watching today's rare Monday practice

playing CB imo is the hardest position in football and yes I include QB. youre basically on an island, every rule favors the wr more then the cb, cant hit late, cant grab late, cant touch the wr after 5 yards, and its the only position where if you got beat everyone knows you got beat

playing CB imo is the hardest position in football and yes I include QB. youre basically on an island, every rule favors the wr more then the cb, cant hit late, cant grab late, cant touch the wr after 5 yards, and its the only position where if you got beat everyone knows you got beat

I wouldn't go that far.  You can actually get away with a lot too if you are looking at the ball when it's in flight and not at the man.  

Look at the ball, and the only things you can't get away with is an arm around their back or hooking their arm.  

Plus CB's usually arn't left on an island too much unless they are one of the best out there.  Most CB's are given some safety help.  

Not saying CB is easy but It's not as bad as it sounds and not harder then playing QB.  

I wouldn't go that far. You can actually get away with a lot too if you are looking at the ball when it's in flight and not at the man.

Look at the ball, and the only things you can't get away with is an arm around their back or hooking their arm.

Plus CB's usually arn't left on an island too much unless they are one of the best out there. Most CB's are given some safety help.

Not saying CB is easy but It's not as bad as it sounds and not harder then playing QB.

Nah, he's right.. Not as bad as it sounds hahahahaha you're adorable

This is adorable, great post , sikeeeee

For one, he's our fourth corner and from what I saw from him in the pre-season, he looked like a lost rookie. From him not playing since the preseason I expect the same.

But if he shows some kind of potential I say throw him out there as our #2 corner.

I mean he can't really be any worse than Greg Toler.

I agree , and plus he is a rookie.

I wouldn't go that far.  You can actually get away with a lot too if you are looking at the ball when it's in flight and not at the man.  

Plus CB's usually arn't left on an island too much unless they are one of the best out there.  Most CB's are given some safety help.  

As someone who played CB and FS for my local team, I can personally attest that it is a very hard position to play.

Good for depth and ST.  I don't know if he's been practicing while on IR (I assume he has been), but I remember he was doing pretty poorly before the injury.  Maybe he's soaked up some knowledge since then.

You are right. He was doing very poorly before injury. He had as rough training camp/preseason as anyone ever I think. He's going to need to improve significantly to contribute to this team.

Why not pray for him to be Revis while we're at it. I think Marcus Peters is a pretty big pipe dream for a guy who got burnt all preseason and camp.

More likely to play dime corner this season.

Well he didn't get burnt in preseason but camp is a fact and I didn't want to use the best as an example so I just picked someone from his draft who is doing well

Good for depth and ST.  I don't know if he's been practicing while on IR (I assume he has been), but I remember he was doing pretty poorly before the injury.  Maybe he's soaked up some knowledge since then.  

"A player who has been designated for return is ineligible to practice until six weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve, and is not eligible to return to the Active/Inactive List until eight weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve. The business day (prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time) that the player is placed on Reserve counts as the first day."

He's missed a lot of time in practice.

"A player who has been designated for return is ineligible to practice until six weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve, and is not eligible to return to the Active/Inactive List until eight weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve. The business day (prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time) that the player is placed on Reserve counts as the first day."

He's missed a lot of time in practice.

Well, if that's the case, I don't really expect much from him at all this year in terms of him improving our db play.  At least he can start the process of improving now.

I can see Smith turning into a Vontae type. Maybe not as great at cover, but he's got some serious tackling ability. 

What gives you any indication that could happen?  What do you see that makes you think he could be a top 5 shut down corner in this league?    There is not one rookie CB in the league and maybe not in the league for less than 3 yrs that is even close to Davis. 

Davis is the real deal....    The best ever in Indy

I never seen him get constantly burned in preseason...where is everyone seeing this? He barely even got to play for someone to get burned constantly lol. Seems like everyone is basing him getting burned in TRAINING CAMP going against OUR WR with LUCK throwing the ball..in which we could only read about him being burnt in games I haven't seen that so yeahhh

I never seen him get constantly burned in preseason...where is everyone seeing this? He barely even got to play for someone to get burned constantly lol. Seems like everyone is basing him getting burned in TRAINING CAMP going against OUR WR with LUCK throwing the ball..in which we could only read about him being burnt in games I haven't seen that so yeahhh

it didn't happen. That is why