Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton manning OUT vs Bears (update)

jvan1973

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team has had massive injureies in the past three years - including to some probowl players such as Nick Hardwick our center who we lost very early in the season last year.  Even though he was on IR he was making a difference on a team he knew he was finished playing for.  He personally encouraged and coached up 4 replacements over the seaon.  He isn't a "coach" but that didn't hold him back from sharing what he had learned and observed in his I think 11 year career.  Every player had nothing but praise for how he gave of himself and what a difference that made to them and to the team.  

Malcom Floyd WR - out 2 years ago in game 2, currently out and finishing his last year with the team but fighting to get back on the field and make a difference on a season that is already lost.  This year Keenan Allen WR.  Right there with his teammates, teaching, sharing observations, encouraging with no ego involved.  I could go on and on.

What they have done that Peyton hasn't is that they are there, on the sidelines encouraging their team mates.  If they couldn't be on the sideline for safety reasons, they are still in the locker room.  They are in meetings. Those that couldn't be for whatever reason are in contact via cell phone answering questions for rookies.   Even if someone could be "threatening" their position they are giving selflessly.

No matter what excuse Peyton fans give, that's what they are and he frankly, is diminished in my eyes.  Football is a TEAM sport, not a showcase for super stars.

My team has had massive injureies in the past three years - including to some probowl players such as Nick Hardwick our center who we lost very early in the season last year. Even though he was on IR he was making a difference on a team he knew he was finished playing for. He personally encouraged and coached up 4 replacements over the seaon. He isn't a "coach" but that didn't hold him back from sharing what he had learned and observed in his I think 11 year career. Every player had nothing but praise for how he gave of himself and what a difference that made to them and to the team.

Malcom Floyd WR - out 2 years ago in game 2, currently out and finishing his last year with the team but fighting to get back on the field and make a difference on a season that is already lost. This year Keenan Allen WR. Right there with his teammates, teaching, sharing observations, encouraging with no ego involved. I could go on and on.

What they have done that Peyton hasn't is that they are there, on the sidelines encouraging their team mates. They are in the locker room. They are in meetings. Those that couldn't be for whatever reason are in contact via cell phone answering questions for rookies. Even if someone could be "threatening" their position they are giving selflessly.

No matter what excuse Peyton fans give, that's what they are and he frankly, is diminished in my eyes. Football is a TEAM sport, not a showcase for super stars.

You have no idea if it is his call or not. Ware didn't make the trip either

You have no idea if it is his call or not. Ware didn't make the trip either

It isn't about the "trip," not being willing to coach up, encourage and share information that would make your replacement more successful is selfish.  AND if the team doesn't want him to there's a reason...  something about who he is that contributed to it.   

It isn't about the "trip," not being willing to coach up, encourage and share information that would make your replacement more successful is selfish.  AND if the team doesn't want him to there's a reason...  something about who he is that contributed to it.

That's ignoring the obvious, though, isn't it.?

He has a lingering foot injury. Why travel and stand for 2 hours in the cold.

If Peyton is serious about coming back as soon as he can, he needs to stay off his feet as much as he can and rehab as hard as he can.

You cant take 2 days off to come to Chicago for a game you arebnt playing in.

DeMarcus Ware isn't there either...Why travel with a bad back.

Folks are reading a lot into an obvious situation

That's ignoring the obvious, though, isn't it.?

He has a lingering foot injury. Why travel and stand for 2 hours in the cold.

If Peyton is serious about coming back as soon as he can, he needs to stay off his feet as much as he can and rehab as hard as he can.

You cant take 2 days off to come to Chicago for a game you arebnt playing in.

DeMarcus Ware isn't there either...Why travel with a bad back.

Folks are reading a lot into an obvious situation

Again... I don't care about him not making the trip.  Got it.  I've had Plantar Faciatis it's rough.  He is not contributing behind the scenes and that is bigger than this particular injury.  When one of our players is out, you hear all over the place, directly from the players they're helping about how much help they are. How supportive they are.  How they are there for them.  How accessible they are... can you point me to any interviews where that has been said about Peyton during his career?  Last year?  This year?  Where he has a close, intimate relationship with his backup?  Where he selflessly shares the reps with his backup knowing they need to be ready to come in and play?  

My team has had massive injureies in the past three years - including to some probowl players such as Nick Hardwick our center who we lost very early in the season last year. Even though he was on IR he was making a difference on a team he knew he was finished playing for. He personally encouraged and coached up 4 replacements over the seaon. He isn't a "coach" but that didn't hold him back from sharing what he had learned and observed in his I think 11 year career. Every player had nothing but praise for how he gave of himself and what a difference that made to them and to the team.

Malcom Floyd WR - out 2 years ago in game 2, currently out and finishing his last year with the team but fighting to get back on the field and make a difference on a season that is already lost. This year Keenan Allen WR. Right there with his teammates, teaching, sharing observations, encouraging with no ego involved. I could go on and on.

What they have done that Peyton hasn't is that they are there, on the sidelines encouraging their team mates. If they couldn't be on the sideline for safety reasons, they are still in the locker room. They are in meetings. Those that couldn't be for whatever reason are in contact via cell phone answering questions for rookies. Even if someone could be "threatening" their position they are giving selflessly.

No matter what excuse Peyton fans give, that's what they are and he frankly, is diminished in my eyes. Football is a TEAM sport, not a showcase for super stars.

You are a reasonable poster this whining from you is a little surprising.

There are several direct quotes from Brock of how much Peyton supports him and how Kubiak asked Peyton to focus on rehab.

Is it because Chargers are a garbage now?.

You are a reasonable poster this whining from you is a little surprising.

There are several direct quotes from Brock of how much Peyton supports him and how Kubiak asked Peyton to focus on rehab.

Is it because Chargers are a garbage now?.

Really... seriously?  I am all about character.  Always have been, always will be.  And I'm not whining.  Doesn't have a thing to do with my Chargers - we're so beat up we're not going anywhere.

Again... I don't care about him not making the trip. Got it. I've had Plantar Faciatis it's rough. He is not contributing behind the scenes and that is bigger than this particular injury. When one of our players is out, you hear all over the place, directly from the players they're helping about how much help they are. How supportive they are. How they are there for them. How accessible they are... can you point me to any interviews where that has been said about Peyton during his career? Last year? This year? Where he has a close, intimate relationship with his backup? Where he selflessly shares the reps with his backup knowing they need to be ready to come in and play?

Before Manning disappeared into the trainer's room, he pulled Osweiler aside on Monday.

"Go win this game for us," Manning told his replacement. "If you need anything I'm here for you."

Before Manning disappeared into the trainer's room, he pulled Osweiler aside on Monday.

"Go win this game for us," Manning told his replacement. "If you need anything I'm here for you."

So many are trying to sell the idea that staying home to rehab is not supporting your teammates.

Peyton may actually appreciate the 3 1/2 years hes made Osweiler wait to play and could be rooting for him.

As far as I know Peyton has always been a mentor to Osweiler..

I guess he should have limped up and down the sidelines with a 17 jersey on to show his support

haha, yeah really. I mean what's Peyton supposed to do freeze his rear off while standing on a bad foot on the sideline in freezy Chicago. Denver won so apparently it didn't affect their Defense or Brock today with him not being there.

Seriously though, some good places in Chicago to chill.

So are you saying girlzarefanztoo opinions are not based in reality and have no merit? Because that was who my post was about.

Her opinion is based on the fact manning isn't willing to help brock or the offense while he is rehabbing, which is wrong. So yes, it's not based in reality and has no merit

Her opinion is based on the fact manning isn't willing to help brock or the offense while he is rehabbing, which is wrong. So yes, it's not based in reality and has no merit

So what does that have to do with her being a fan of the Chargers or how their season is going this year? That is what I was responding to that her fandom is not influencing her opinion.

So what does that have to do with her being a fan of the Chargers or how their season is going this year? That is what I was responding to that her fandom is not influencing her opinion.

I didn't mention her fandom. I said many here base their opinions on things not based in reality

Because she mentioned my fandom is influencing my post which is wrong.

You should have defended me with the same passion you are defending her if fandom is your only reason.

We all know your sneaky posts. Like I said, keep working.

My goodness - no need to fight over this. I am neither attacking anyone's "fandom" nor do I feel attacked. It's just a difference of opinion.

This is where AMF expects you to play along and you busted her plans :)

As I said earlier, I have read your posts and are always reasonable and I appreciate that.

Again... I don't care about him not making the trip. Got it. I've had Plantar Faciatis it's rough. He is not contributing behind the scenes and that is bigger than this particular injury. When one of our players is out, you hear all over the place, directly from the players they're helping about how much help they are. How supportive they are. How they are there for them. How accessible they are... can you point me to any interviews where that has been said about Peyton during his career? Last year? This year? Where he has a close, intimate relationship with his backup? Where he selflessly shares the reps with his backup knowing they need to be ready to come in and play?

How do you know he's not encouraging or giving advice through phone calls or texts? Little things like that. You have no idea about what Manning does or doesn't do in regards to supporting the team his back up. Manning is a guy of Faith, Charchter and Integrity. I'm sure He's doing a whole lot more that you or any of us are aware of while he's away from the team. The guy is a tireless worker and if you know anything about him, he's all about the team, not himself. I'd be willing to bet if you asked Brock about Manning he'd probably say Manning texts him regularly and even gives him a phone calls and what not. Just because you don't hear it out of the media's mouth in no way means that's the case. You are jumping to very large and inaccurate conclusions. Plus as others have said, there are quotes directly from Oswiler regarding Manning and his support.

Brady did the same thing in 2008 so to avoid inconsistency you should have the same attitude for Brady.

My team has had massive injureies in the past three years - including to some probowl players such as Nick Hardwick our center who we lost very early in the season last year.  Even though he was on IR he was making a difference on a team he knew he was finished playing for.  He personally encouraged and coached up 4 replacements over the seaon.  He isn't a "coach" but that didn't hold him back from sharing what he had learned and observed in his I think 11 year career.  Every player had nothing but praise for how he gave of himself and what a difference that made to them and to the team.  

I think it's different when you're on IR and NO chance of coming back.   You might as well be there on the sideline and doing what you can to help, since you can no longer be of help in the game.  :dunno:  

I have to believe, that  the Coaching staff must think there is some possibility that he "could" come back and that his time is best spent 24/7 rehabbing and resting right now.    In Brock's own words   "My time sitting behind and learning from Peyton the past 3 1/2 years have not been wasted"..   No-one in the Broncos organization seem to think any less of Peyton for concentrating on his rehab right now, but for some reason the Media and others are having a field day with this.

And, btw  Brock did just fine yesterday.    Seeing how the next game is at home,  I suppose there is a possibility that Peyton could be on the sideline for that one.     We'll see. 

Sunday Night Football analysts were questioning whether there will be a "quarterback controversy" in Denver now. There is no official word on that; just opinions about what might happen with Manning out. It sounds to me like they're trying to make a larger deal out of this than is necessary. Denver has not committed to Osweiler and has made no statements regarding the issue.

Sunday Night Football analysts were questioning whether there will be a "quarterback controversy" in Denver now. There is no official word on that; just opinions about what might happen with Manning out. It sounds to me like they're trying to make a larger deal out of this than is necessary. Denver has not committed to Osweiler and has made no statements regarding the issue.

You are right BUT the Denver fanbase wants Brock playing given his performance yesterday. There is discussion on their boards about Denver putting Manning on IR so the QB controversy is off the table. That thinking is just silly IMO but that is where the fanbase is. Not sure how Elway/Kubiak will handle it but if Manning is healthy and they sit him then this will turn into a full fledge media blitz.

You are right BUT the Denver fanbase wants Brock playing given his performance yesterday. There is discussion on their boards about Denver putting Manning on IR so the QB controversy is off the table. That thinking is just silly IMO but that is where the fanbase is. Not sure how Elway/Kubiak will handle it but if Manning is healthy and they sit him then this will turn into a full fledge media blitz.

The weird thing is if Peyton has to play relief for Brock, ala Bledsoe for Brady in his first AFCCG :). That would be comical.

However, they could protect Brock with the run game and not let him throw for more than 30 times against a team like the Bears. It would be different against the heavyweights coming up - Patriots, Bengals and Steelers. Lots of things can change. They could lose all 3 of those and if they end up tied 11-5 with the Chiefs, could end up as a #6 seed if tie-breakers go the Chiefs' and Steelers' ways, IMO.