Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Saban

Detectacon

Hopefully after the  Pep Hamilton departure we stay with coachs with proven NFL records  like Chud

Stupid idea 2 years with the Dolphins he was lackluster sent him with his tail between his legs back to college where he belongs just like Chip Kelly people love what they'v done in college with school kids the NFL is a different beast & Saban & coachs like him are best where they are in school .

The NFL sure is a different BEAST! Many collegiate HCs have washed out with BLEACH in the Pros.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the "keep-Pagano" camp.  Allow him as much power as Dungy had, whatever that was.   I say that because we won a Super Bowl with him, so something worked.  We have virtually the same scenario as then.  #1 QB.  A coach who the players love.  A controlling GM.  They made it work for a decade so why can't we?

The Colts had Tom Moore , Dungy was supposed to fix the defense which never really happened . & gets the credit for all those years ,

But without Tom Moore there would not have been a decade . 

Pagano like Dungy  failed to fix the defense 3 years in now the Colts are looking better finally to little to late . both coachs were failures on D , The leagues worst regular season defense turned it on in that Superbowl run for that magical playoff season they were awesome I have yet to see a Colts defense as good as that one not before or after .

Defense was the problem in the manning era Tom Moore was the offense in place before Dungy arrived & deserves all the credit

The Colts had Tom Moore , Dungy was supposed to fix the defense which never really happened . & gets the credit for all those years ,

Pagano like Dungy  failed to fix the defense 3 years in now the Colts are looking better finally to little to late . both coachs were failures on D , The leagues worst regular season defense turned it on in that Superbowl run for that magical playoff season they were awesome I have yet to see a Colts defense as good as that one not before or after .

Defense was the problem in the manning era Tom Moore was the offense in place before Dungy arrived & deserves all the credit

Remember, it was Bob Sanders return from injury that sparked the 2006 defensive run to the VL/Super Bowl 41. That guy played out of his mind during that run & spilled over to the rest of the team including the offense.

Remember, it was Bob Sanders return from injury that sparked the 2006 defensive run to the VL/Super Bowl 41. That guy played out of his mind during that run & spilled over to the rest of the team including the offense.

The Eraser

Yeah Man  Sanders was the man . We need more like him of course not as fragile , The lil dude had a big heart .

Slightly disagree.  Tom Moore was great, but Dungy was handcuffed by Polian's "spend the money on offense and rotate defensive players on the cheap" philosophy.  For example, Dungy wanted a defensive player in a draft and Irsay and Polian overuled him for Dallas Clark (yet another offensive weapon).  Secondly, Dungy was the head coach, not the defensive coordinator.  Nobody gives Mike Tomlin credit for PIttsburgh's defenses.  Dick Labeau gets that credit.  Manusky is in charge of our defense, not Pagano.  Pagano isn't even able to play who he wants if we are to believe news reporters about Grigson.  I'm just saying that Dungy was somewhat handcuffed by a GM and so is Pagano, yet somehow there was enough give and take that it worked out.  

Note:  Tom Moore is still coaching and he is not winning any Super Bowls.  He had Peyton Manning and that's why he was so good.  Not the other way around.

Dungy was soft and IMO overrated! It`s a travesty those Colts teams only came away with one Lombardi. I`m not buying that Polian only drafted offensive players in the 1st round. All he had to do was field a middle of the pack defense. He failed. He couldn`t lead the Bucs to the SB and Gruden does the following year.

The leagues worst regular season defense turned it on in that Superbowl run for that magical playoff season they were awesome I have yet to see a Colts defense as good as that one not before or after .

You can thank the healthy window of games Bob Sanders played that year for the Super Bowl win.  Manning was mediocre during the playoffs that year.  Our two RB's in the actual Super Bowl should have been co-MVP's as they won that game (along with the defense's run throughout the playoffs).  

You can thank the healthy window of games Bob Sanders played that year for the Super Bowl win.  Manning was mediocre during the playoffs that year.  Our two RB's in the actual Super Bowl should have been co-MVP's as they won that game (along with the defense's run throughout the playoffs).  

When Sanders came back and the Colts defense went gangbusters was insane. However, they were extremely lucky with that ugly game in Baltimore, Pats comeback and playing the possibly the worst team to ever represent the NFC in a SB. Dom Rhodes was the MVP of that game.

When Sanders came back and the Colts defense went gangbusters was insane. However, they were extremely lucky with that ugly game in Baltimore, Pats comeback and playing the possibly the worst team to ever represent the NFC in a SB. Dom Rhodes was the MVP of that game.

I thought both backs were equally deserving with critical runs all game and similar rushing stat totals (not sure about receiving).