Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Eli and the Giants beat the patriots?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my upset of the week. Giants 31-30 over Pats. Pats aren't going undefeated just like I knew the Broncos wouldn't. Every team drops 1 or 2 games they shouldn't. Watch out for this upset. This will shock Pats fans.

nah wouldn't shock me considering if Washington had won wouldn't shock me.

Why? Cus' I know that's how football rolls. :sorry:

nah wouldn't shock me considering if Washington had won wouldn't shock me.

Why? Cus' I know that's how football rolls. :sorry:

If Washington would've won in Foxboro that would've been a monumental upset. I wouldn't of have ever believed that could happen. Football is a strange sport sometimes though, you just never know from week to week. Hardly nobody gave the Colts a chance against the Broncos and then Andrew plays like a Tom Brady that can run haha

Giants defense is pretty lousy this year, at the bottom of the league lousy. When they beat the Pats in the past they tended to have strong D lines and higher ranked D's.

But, sometimes a team just has your number.......or they play fearlessly against you. Often the NY teams and Baltimore can give the Pats their toughest games and let loose. If NE lost it would not be a shocker to me either.

I would still take NE though being they are a better all around team this season. So far they have just been rolling.

Giants defense is pretty lousy this year, at the bottom of the league lousy. When they beat the Pats in the past they tended to have strong D lines and higher ranked D's.

But, sometimes a team just has your number.......or they play fearlessly against you. Often the NY teams and Baltimore can give the Pats their toughest games and let loose. If NE lost it would not be a shocker to me either.

I would still take NE though being they are a better all around team this season. So far they have just been rolling.

I can see Eli winning a shootout but I do agree NE has the better team. Having said that they are due to drop one and Eli has the Pats number.

If Washington would've won in Foxboro that would've been a monumental upset. I wouldn't of have ever believed that could happen. Football is a strange sport sometimes though, you just never know from week to week. Hardly nobody gave the Colts a chance against the Broncos and then Andrew plays like a Tom Brady that can run  haha

Yeah it would be an upset by the media/fans. Actually Washington isn't all that bad. They had some serious drops too.

Thing with football is it's about execution on game day (assuming reasonable talent and coaching) which is just totally unpredictable thus pretty hard to predict games.

Like you said- Colts vs Denver. I figured the colts had a chance to win too if they executed.

Watching the game with Luck's runs which he got drilled on a couple was a recipe for disaster. Actually I thought that his first season.

QBs just can't run today against these physical defenses without gambling every time.  Even a slide is no guarantee since someone might take him out anyway and get the penalty.

They all get injured sooner or later.

I can see Eli winning a shootout but I do agree NE has the better team. Having said that they are due to drop one and Eli has the Pats number.

well with losing Dion Lewis and an oline with not enough people (you had to use a TE (lol) their offense has to drop off a little.

So, if I was guessing I would go with two losses. probably someone like the Jets or Miami :)

Yeah it would be an upset by the media/fans. Actually Washington isn't all that bad. They had some serious drops too.

Thing with football is it's about execution on game day (assuming reasonable talent and coaching) which is just totally unpredictable thus pretty hard to predict games.

Like you said- Colts vs Denver. I figured the colts had a chance to win too if they executed.

Watching the game with Luck's runs which he got drilled on a couple was a recipe for disaster. Actually I thought that his first season.

QBs just can't run today against these physical defenses without gambling every time.  Even a slide is no guarantee since someone might take him out anyway and get the penalty.

They all get injured sooner or later.

Yeah It seems Andrew still thinks he's 21, slide Andrew, slide! We are finding out he is even human. Just glad he isn't out for the season and he should be ok more importantly with rest. These last 7 games will be interesting.

Yeah It seems Andrew still thinks he's 21, slide Andrew, slide! We are finding out he is even human. Just glad he isn't out for the season and he should be ok more importantly with rest. These last 7 games will be interesting.

yeah if he's smart he'll see he dodged a bullet and start taking it easy. Still- easier said than done as these QB's are competitive.

Brady ran a couple weeks ago for a key 1st down but no, he kept going trying to make it to the end zone.  I can see Bill cringing :)

well with losing Dion Lewis and an oline with not enough people (you had to use a TE (lol) their offense has to drop off a little.

So, if I was guessing I would go with two losses. probably someone like the Jets or Miami :)

Going into the season, I had 4 games that the Pats could possibly lose. They were here in Indy, at Giants, at Denver, at Jets. Pats wont lose in Foxboro. They already won here so that leaves 3 more big tests IMO.

The only good thing about Lucks injury is that this should be a damn good lesson to him to learn how to slide. I'm sure he's kicking himself in the butt about it, if he's not then he never will.

I think it is. Eli for some reason plays like Joe Montana against the Pats.

That and the Giants pass rush would tee off on Brady. Luckily for the Pats the Giants pass rush is basically non existent this year. I still expect a close game because Eli and Coughlin are fearless against the Pats.

To beat the Pats you have to be at least a good team. Here are some stats on the Giants this year:

New York Giants: 32nd in Yards Allowed

New York Giants: 19th in Points Allowed

New York Giants: 32nd in 3rd Down Percentage Allowed

New York Giants: 31st in Passing Yards Allowed

New York Giants: 32nd in Sacks

New York Giants: 21st in Offense (yards)

In a nutshell, they are a terrible team. Any given Sunday certainly applies but I think the game stays close in the first half and the Pats pull away in the second half.

Eli is unpredictable, NE has no running attack and the D is suspect, Brady has been getting hit and his receivers are dropping theball more often this year. I give the game to the NY defense, chase Brady and they will win. Go Giants!!

hmm don't know how you arrive at all that.

Dropping?- couple uncharacteristic drops last game against Washington. And the skins dropped more. Maybe the planets were out of align that day.

Lafell first day back after missing the season had 6 drops. Next 2 weeks fine- just rust.

Run? depends who we're playing. BB philosophy do whatever to score points. Against Jets strong run D all passing with just 5 runs and Brady the leading rusher. Against Washington run and pass. Just depends on the opponent's type of defense.

NE defense suspect? hmm . It's right up there.

Brady hit? no more than normal. Lot of QBs get hit.

That is my upset of the week. Giants 31-30 over Pats. Pats aren't going undefeated just like I knew the Broncos wouldn't. Every team drops 1 or 2 games they shouldn't. Watch out for this upset. This will shock Pats fans.

There is nothing less shocking then a Patriot loss to the Giants.

Can they? Yes. Will they? Very very very unlikely. That NY defense is HORRIBLE. Brady will put up Brees like numbers....that's IF NY can stop Blunt from running down their throats. No way Eli can keep up with Tom. Honestly it might be a 50 burger for NE.

Eli is unpredictable, NE has no running attack and the D is suspect, Brady has been getting hit and his receivers are dropping theball more often this year. I give the game to the NY defense, chase Brady and they will win. Go Giants!!

The d is suspect?

43 yards allowed on the ground per game over the last 3 games.

If they hadn't given up a garbage TD to the Redskins, they'd have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL

yeah, not that good.

The d is suspect?

43 yards allowed on the ground per game over the last 3 games.

If they hadn't given up a garbage TD to the Redskins, they'd have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL

yeah, not that good.

Pats are quietly the 5th best defense in points allowed and 8th best in yards. They are ahead of last year's defense.

Pats are quietly the 5th best defense in points allowed and 8th best in yards. They are ahead of last year's defense.

I think the Pats Defense is very underrated. After they lost Revis and Wilfork I think many people thought it wouldn't be as good. Pats have a Very Good Defense. I just don't see them going undefeated. If they don't drop this one, they will probably lose at Denver and at Jets. I think they end up 14-2.

Absolutely not.

Did you guys see what the Saints did to that pathetic defense?

Granted, I do not expect Brady to throw 7 TD's against them and the game to be tight like that, but the Giants defense is absolutely horrendous. It was horrendous before they played the Saints.

DALLAS should have beat them if Matt Cassell don't toss those two picks. 

Dallas rushed over 233 yards on the ground over that defense, and New Orleans threw for 500 yards on them.

Their defense is terrible. This might be a close game at first but I expect the Patriots to put their foot down and bury them. 

Every year that pathetic Giants team is made out to be so good, but they truly are the luckiest team ever win a Super Bowl, especially the second one. if Assante Samuel don't drop that pick, or if Mike McCarthy could actually coach well in 2007, they lose. And if the Saints would have just held on a tad bit longer vs SF in 2011, we would have slaughtered that pathetic 9-7 team in the NFCCG. 

Pats will sink them, and the Giants aren't finishing better than 8-8 this year. 

Oh yeah, and you're welcome for exposing their pass defense for what garbage it is.