Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts trying to get Jason Campbell out of retirement

Superman

No on Campbell.  Would rather have Tebow.  Maybe doesn't throw the ball as well, but has all the size, toughness, and running ability that Luck has.  Again, we're looking at the backup spot behind Hassy, not the go-to guy.  But Hassy is 40 and isn't as durable as he once was.  They need somebody to spell him if needed.

I'm not a fan of this. Kerry Collins was also lured out of retirement...

On the other hand there are no decent QBs available as backup. In the end Tebow will land with us. Urrgghhh... I like the guy anyway.

Honestly, I wouldn't hate it. At least Tebow wouldn't have any disciplinary issues like some of the other players we've signed mid year. 

No on Campbell. Would rather have Tebow. Maybe doesn't throw the ball as well, but has all the size, toughness, and running ability that Luck has. Again, we're looking at the backup spot behind Hassy, not the go-to guy. But Hassy is 40 and isn't as durable as he once was. They need somebody to spell him if needed.

We sign Tebow I'm getting on Madden & running a college offense with Tebow as my franchise QB haha

Well if they want to lure retired players Jake Locker was at least talented. Albeit with foolish coaching his whole career.

Been out of the game for a couple years now hasn't he?

A guy who retires that young has probably made up his mind more then a guy who retired because he doesn't think he has any more options left.

I'd bring in Josh Freeman for a workout. I seem to recall him being pretty solid for the Bucs a few years ago, but terrible coaching, and high turnover/zero consistency on the coaching staff really screwed him over destroying his career. I've heard he wants to make a comeback and he'd at least be about 100 times better than Bryan Bennett.

Jason Campbell has never been even an average QB. I would rather see Kellen Moore who is a little bit more unknown but is very good managing the game.

Jason Campbell was the epitome of an average QB, with talent to be more. He always played on bad teams with bad coaching and bad management. 

He would be an ideal backup QB, and is probably better than anyone else that's available right now.