Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck expected to miss at least one month- report

ColtsBlueFL

I just worry about him taking hits. Although he didn't seem to take many versus Luck. He got rid of the ball a lot faster. I think if we game plan like we did during those two games he'll be fine.

I agree.  I'm not concerned about Matt not being able to take all of the offensive snaps.

I guess this means you're prepared to be shocked?  That is a possibility, but 3 weeks is on that utmost optimistic side.  And Andrew also has a partial tear of the abdominal oblique muscle; part of the core muscle group.  So I'm hoping for what you want, but the possibility of you being shocked is real, unfortunately.

The Colts have already announced they feel it could be at least a month and are prepared for a longer time frame for Andrew's return.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-andrew-luck-likely-out-at-least-a-month/

I know what they say, but Luck is a tough cookie. I'd be shocked if he sat out more than 2 games.

I know what they say, but Luck is a tough cookie. I'd be shocked if he sat out more than 2 games.

Luck has no say.  The doctors won't allow him to play until tests prove the kidney is fully healed, and thus he cannot easily re-injure and possibly lose his kidney.  Being tough will have no bearing.  I'd be shocked if he were to go full Practice before week 4.

Luck has no say.  The doctors won't allow him to play until tests prove the kidney is fully healed, and thus he cannot easily re-injure and possibly lose his kidney.  Being tough will have no bearing.  I'd be shocked if he were to go full Practice before week 4.

Don't come in here and ruin my optimism with your logic.

You know he looked pretty pooped after playing just the two games....right?

Don't most players look pretty pooped after a game?  And he was also still recovering from the flu at the time.

It wasn't the flu. It was basically food poisoning, and that's no joke. He was in the hospital two days after playing a game, and two days before playing another one. 

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/10/28/colts-quarterback-matt-hasselbeck-much-sicker-than-we-thought/74755762/

I know what they say as well. Like you I am expecting Andrew to possibly be back sooner then later. We can hope at least.

In the meantime........YOU CAN'T HASSEL THE BECK.

It wasn't the flu. It was basically food poisoning, and that's no joke. He was in the hospital two days after playing a game, and two days before playing another one.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/10/28/colts-quarterback-matt-hasselbeck-much-sicker-than-we-thought/74755762/

That can be worse. You get food poisoning it's coming out both ends like a fire hydrant till your system is empty. Have had that before. Lost like 10 pounds in fluids and felt like death. Was either that or some kind of stomach bug

Don't come in here and ruin my optimism with your logic.

I saw a GEICO commercial, it's what I do.  And the band Europe does a Final Countdown.  It's what they do. LOL 

However, you won't find me potentially raising others expectations of his return too high, and thus aid in the possible letdown of many as the weeks pass by.  Do you not remember how antsy and upset people were here that Luck was missing weeks on end with just  {Pagano voice on}  a shoulder bruise?  {/Pagano voice off}  And we likely won't get too many detailed updates as before either, adding to the tension.

Optimism is fine, but can be a double edge sword too.

I hope for the best, but prepared for the alternative.

Just sayin'

That can be worse. You get food poisoning it's coming out both ends like a fire hydrant till your system is empty. Have had that before. Lost like 10 pounds in fluids and felt like death. Was either that or some kind of stomach bug

Evidently he had a bad chicken burrito from Chipotle. Whatever he was dealing with, it was serious. He looked bad after those games because he probably should have been in the bed on an IV. 

This guy looked absolutely DONE in the preseason. Then he comes in and plays his tail off, with a major stomach issue. If he's 100% moving forward, I expect him to at least play at that same level, which is probably good enough to compete in these upcoming games.

Evidently he had a bad chicken burrito from Chipotle. Whatever he was dealing with, it was serious. He looked bad after those games because he probably should have been in the bed on an IV.

This guy looked absolutely DONE in the preseason. Then he comes in and plays his tail off, with a major stomach issue. If he's 100% moving forward, I expect him to at least play at that same level, which is probably good enough to compete in these upcoming games.

Chipotle is currently dealing with an E. Coli outbreak. That as probably what he got.

If Hass wins in Atlanta, then we beat the Bucs we could really then almost rest Andrew until the Playoffs because at that point the Division will be pretty much ours. As long as we beat the Texans which we always do at home. Texans have a brutal schedule coming up.

Personally, I'd rather Luck's first game back NOT be a playoff game....if possible.

Tennessee has a QB that beat the Saints, Mariota if he  stays hot may present a problem in the standings. Don't know their schedule and the last team to worry about is Houston. Pittsburg will probably beat the Colts when they play  but they could win out against everyone else if they have a new game plan which apparently they do.

I agree. He's no Luck but he has really good recognition of the defense and good decision making. I'm pretty confident that he can hold the fort till Luck gets back.

I know how I felt with that stuff. So him even being able to play period is really impressive. Maybe we should get him sick again ;)

I think he sits for 3 games (Falcons, Bucs, Steelers) and depending on the records of Houston and Indy are going into the Houston game and how well he is physically then he could sit that game...In other words week to week. Let him sit as long as he can to get healthy but if he just is not right physically then don't put him out there regardless of what our record is

Chipotle is currently dealing with an E. Coli outbreak. That as probably what he got.

Scary when that happens to a big chain like that. Assuming that's what got MH sick, that's a case in Indiana. They've reported illnesses in Washington and Oregon. That's 2,000 miles.

I agree. He's no Luck but he has really good recognition of the defense and good decision making. I'm pretty confident that he can hold the fort till Luck gets back.

I know how I felt with that stuff. So him even being able to play period is really impressive. Maybe we should get him sick again ;)

I had food poisoning a long time ago. It was awful, and I didn't feel right for a month. Appetite was funky, I'd wake up in the middle of the night needing porcelain relief, etc. Not fun at all. I went to the hospital and they told me there wasn't much they could do, and to ride it out. 

Personally, I'd rather Luck's first game back NOT be a playoff game....if possible.

Would put a lot of pressure on the guy, that's for sure. But, hey, he's a professional. If Luck's @ 100% for a playoff game, I say, go ahead and play him. He's our franchise QB for a reason. Tough. Smart. Cool customer. Again, play him, and let the cards fall on the table where they may.

And we likely won't get too many detailed updates as before either, adding to the tension.

Pagano: He's week to week, the docs are taking good care of him, and he's trending in the right direction.

I honestly hope no one even asks for at least a couple weeks. There's not much to say. He has to heal, and then he has to be cleared for contact, and then he has to be evaluated to make sure he's okay after contact, and then they have to do that again. There's just nothing to say until he at least starts throwing again. And like you said, that's probably at least two weeks away, being optimistic.

Almost makes me not want to eat fast food anymore.

Being from the Big Easy, I've eaten my share of seafood, including shellfish. (especially raw oysters on the half shell) Have had a couple of bouts with food poisoning over my 58 years. Just as others have said, it ain't pretty. Feels like invisible hooks going down into your stomach and yanking out everything that's in there, all the while giving you the queasiness that's equal to riding 10 roller-coasters upside down that seemingly never end.

Been to UpChuck City for a day or two. However, it never really stopped me from eating the stuff for good. Love it too much. Shows you how smart I am. :)

If Hass wins in Atlanta, then we beat the Bucs we could really then almost rest Andrew until the Playoffs because at that point the Division will be pretty much ours. As long as we beat the Texans which we always do at home. Texans have a brutal schedule coming up.

The jags are our biggest threat according to the schedules. Titans are our second biggest threat. Texans are actually the team we have to worry the least about.

Being from the Big Easy, I've eaten my share of seafood, including shellfish. (especially raw oysters on the half shell) Have had a couple of bouts with food poisoning over my 58 years. Just as others have said, it ain't pretty. Feels like invisible hooks going down into your stomach and yanking out everything that's in there, all the while giving you the queasiness that's equal to riding 10 roller-coasters upside down that seemingly never end.

Been to UpChuck City for a day or two. However, it never really stopped me from eating the stuff for good. Love it too much. Shows you how smart I am. :)

I have only had real bad food poisoning once. I got sick on Cantaloupe when I was 10 years old. Was in bed for 3 days puking and everything else. It took me 4 or 5 days to totally get over it. To this day I still cant even smell cantaloupe without feeling nauseous.

I agree. Dude is freaking tough.

Idk that the Colts will be able to hold him out very long.

I agree. Dude is freaking tough.

Idk that the Colts will be able to hold him out very long.

I don't think it will be up to Luck. Until he is cleared through medical he will not even be allowed to practice. I think the kidney has to be completely healed. I will be surprised to even see him on the field for at least 4 weeks and probably 6. JMO

Pagano: He's week to week, the docs are taking good care of him, and he's trending in the right direction.

I honestly hope no one even asks for at least a couple weeks. There's not much to say. He has to heal, and then he has to be cleared for contact, and then he has to be evaluated to make sure he's okay after contact, and then they have to do that again. There's just nothing to say until he at least starts throwing again. And like you said, that's probably at least two weeks away, being optimistic.

He has to be wearing a boot. Am I rite? Lol

I don't think it will be up to Luck. Until he is cleared through medical he will not even be allowed to practice. I think the kidney has to be completely healed. I will be surprised to even see him on the field for at least 4 weeks and probably 6. JMO

I hope they do wait until he's 100%.

This season has been goofy already and I do not expect any advancement in the playoffs (if we make it) anyway.

Let him heal.

He's our future.

If we have to keep Luck out 4 games so be it, that would be 5 weeks rest because of the Bye. Those would be the Atlanta, Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Jacks games. If Hass can go 2-2 in those 4, that puts us at 6-7 with Houston, Miami, and Tennessee left. Andrew should be able to run the table against those 3 or be 2-1 at worse. 3 games should be enough to get Andrew ready for the Playoffs too if he has any rust. With my scenario's that puts us either 9-7 or 8-8. 8-8 will definitely win our Division IMO.

The jags are our biggest threat according to the schedules. Titans are our second biggest threat. Texans are actually the team we have to worry the least about.

the good news is talent wise it's pretty much the reverse although the Jags and Titans are intercahngable depending on who has a better week.

Ed Werder needs to chill, there's no way we are going to win the AFC South without luck, no possible way.  And without the AFC South, we have no shot at the playoffs obviously.  So bottom line is Luck will play soon or at least the very soonest his doctors will allow it.  I look for a quick recovery.

Ed Werder needs to chill, there's no way we are going to win the AFC South without luck, no possible way. And without the AFC South, we have no shot at the playoffs obviously. So bottom line is Luck will play soon or at least the very soonest his doctors will allow it. I look for a quick recovery.

Have you seen the dumpster fire that is the AFC South

Ed Werder needs to chill, there's no way we are going to win the AFC South without luck, no possible way.  And without the AFC South, we have no shot at the playoffs obviously.  So bottom line is Luck will play soon or at least the very soonest his doctors will allow it.  I look for a quick recovery.

We beat two AFC South teams with Hasselbeck. I think the Jags are the only AFC South team we will have to face with MH anyway and based on our new OC I feel a little more confident rolling with him against the Falcons and Bucs as well, Steelers who knows what could happen with Ben out. Luck should be back for Titans, Texans, and Dolphins. We lucked out that are schedule was harder in the first half.