Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler named AFC Player of the Week

TKnight24

Figured with all the doom & gloom going on over Andrew's injury, it'd be good timing for some good news. So here it is

AFC Defensive Player of Week 9: @Colts CB Darius Butler. 2nd career Player of Week Award

— Jon Zimmer (@NFLhistory)

November 11, 2015

AFC Defensive Player of Week 9: @Colts CB Darius Butler. 2nd career Player of Week Award

guess pickens were slim on the AFC defensive side of the ball this week.

if they were going to give it to a Colt I'd have given it to Kendall Langford....he was a beast all game.

had a sack and like 5 qb hurries....that's awesome for a D lineman.

He played as well on that front better than any Colt I have seen in Quite some time. :thmup:

guess pickens were slim on the AFC defensive side of the ball this week.

if they were going to give it to a Colt I'd have given it to Kendall Langford....he was a beast all game.

had a sack and like 5 qb hurries....that's awesome for a D lineman.

Langford would have been a good choice... not only the stats but he really dominated his match-ups all game.  He was as responsible for the Bronocs not being able to run the ball as Anderson or Parry.

Good for him, but apart from a pretty good INT, did he do anything else of note?

Held his matchup in check. Only CB who really allowed receptions was Toler

As they say when you're a CB. If we don't hear your name, that's usually a good thing. Didn't recall hearing Butler's name until he made that INT. And it was a clutch one

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• LOL!  Any logic involved with that answer?  Why not Kelly instead?  (Are you related to Eason?  If so, than I fully understand)
    • Yeah, Hines isn't, nor ever has been, a true RB.  He's a 3rd down pass catcher or a specialty play guy that has to get the ball on a hand off occasionally to keep the D honest.  He has had to fill in as a backup RB over the years because of injuries or roster limitations.
    • I think it could be.  But we need more evidence.  However, I look back to last season when they likely had less overall talent.  This defense fared well vs. the Chiefs.  They fared well in both games vs. the Texans.  They held Tennessee down in the 1st game.  High-flying Atlanta had just 24.  I mean it's not like this defense didn't show some good things last year.  And now we have added Buckner and several others to that and didn't really lose much, maybe Sheard?    I think they could very well be legit.  Just how legit that is who knows, but I would not beat all surprised if they are top 10 by the end of the season.
    • I'm pretty sure they new early, and all along that Kelly would never play, unless it was an emergency. I'd bet they have given CK a "plan" to follow, and I'd also bet they were clear his chance at PT was little to none.   And aside from that, they just weren't going to do that to JB given he was under contract for the next year. Wouldn't have been a good look.   Now did I want to see CK late last year, absolutely. But I understand why I didn't. Well, either they really like CK, it's a favor from Reich to uncle Jim, or it's all about Covid. Or a combination of the 2 or all three. Without seeing them in preseason, we just don't know who's best. And yes, CK was obviously better in college, but that always doesn't translate to the NFL. Personally, I love the thought of CK sticking if he can keep his nose clean. I'm pretty sure at minimum he could be a good backup. He won that role in Denver after all, from a pretty picky Elway. Eason does have some great tools, and also could be very good if he can work some things out. We're simply not going to have any answers for a year or two.
  • Members